Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on Agim

Started by bcdrules, February 10, 2015, 05:58:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bcdrules

With Jerry Montgomery leaving OU for the NFL, I have to think that this helps us with Agim. Thoughts?

RazorBassin

I think he got an offer from LSU today.  I think he takes all his visits and makes the decision that is right for him.  I just hope it is us...WPS

ADavisTheGOAT

Agim knows what he's doing with his recruitment.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Break & Run

He has a check list with several categories. Will go through it on every visit and check off which ones they offer.

He is very smart.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

colbs

I know it's early but any idea where he is leaning?

greenie

This kid will be hard to get. I don't think he has any in-state or Razorback inclination, so we'll have to straight up out recruit everyone and sell him on how we get him to the NFL. Everyone one will come calling. It seems he'll be more cerebral and less emotional about his decision.

Seebs

He said he would announve September 25 - his birthday. I think I read this.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Break & Run on February 10, 2015, 06:33:57 pm
He has a check list with several categories. Will go through it on every visit and check off which ones they offer.

He is very smart.
TJ Smith did the same thing.

Earth Hog Fan

I had never heard of Musselman. But he's a teacher, demands discipline and builds from the defensive end first. I want our football coach to be just like him."

jjdlc

Quote from: Earth Hog Fan on February 10, 2015, 09:54:32 pm
Oklahoma

I believe he grew up a Sooner fan, so people assume he is leaning that way.  So far he hasn't really tipped his hand though.  Just my opinion, but I think he goes where he feels most comfortable, and sentiment wont play as big a role as with some recruits.

Break & Run

Hasn't really shown a favorite.

If you base it off twitter and his activity there, I'd say the hogs bc he retweets hog fan more often than everyone else.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

immahog

is Agim from Arkansas? or did he move here ?
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: immahog on February 11, 2015, 06:35:23 am
is Agim from Arkansas? or did he move here ?

I want to say he moved here from Texas. Not sure when but I dont think its when he was super young

immahog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 11, 2015, 06:50:08 am
I want to say he moved here from Texas. Not sure when but I dont think its when he was super young

ok this was my thinking
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Dented Can

McTelvin (Sosa) Agim moved to Blevins from Rockwall Texas with his Mother at the start of his 9th grade year. Played Basketball his first semester there (7th man). Very good athlete at 6'0 230 but had never played before. When the coaches there realized he was already getting interest from major programs for football they encouraged his Mother to transfer him to Hope or Nashville. She was attending UACCH in Hope in Nursing so that's where they went. Sosa is his nickname.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Dented Can on February 11, 2015, 08:11:01 am
McTelvin (Sosa) Agim moved to Blevins from Rockwall Texas with his Mother at the start of his 9th grade year. Played Basketball his first semester there (7th man). Very good athlete at 6'0 230 but had never played before. When the coaches there realized he was already getting interest from major programs for football they encouraged his Mother to transfer him to Hope or Nashville. She was attending UACCH in Hope in Nursing so that's where they went. Sosa is his nickname.

Wow I am a proud sixth-generation Arkansan and one of my grandmothers grew up in Hope and I can't say that I've ever heard of Blevins.

Smokehouse

Most of the OK sports writers/radio guys considered Montgomery to be one of OU's best recruiters, so his departure can't hurt.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Scott7703

Quote from: greenie on February 10, 2015, 07:27:30 pm
This kid will be hard to get. I don't think he has any in-state or Razorback inclination, so we'll have to straight up out recruit everyone and sell him on how we get him to the NFL. Everyone one will come calling. It seems he'll be more cerebral and less emotional about his decision.

Which is exactly what Arkansas has done to this point. Arkansas' football staff won't be out worked on the recruiting trial anymore.

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: Dented Can on February 11, 2015, 08:11:01 am
Nice first post, hope if you have some inside here, please continue to keep us up to date.  Everything I've seen so far has me really liking this kids personality.  Hope we are his destination.

The Boar War

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on February 11, 2015, 09:06:21 am
Wow I am a proud sixth-generation Arkansan and one of my grandmothers grew up in Hope and I can't say that I've ever heard of Blevins.

It's on the road from Prescott to Nashville.

Dented Can

The only thing I can add is he was an outstanding young man when he got here and still is. Hard worker at everything he does including in the classroom. Who he ends up signing with is anybody's guess right now. He will be one that can go anywhere he wants to. Saban visited a few weeks ago.

Vantage 8 dude

On come on now. Never heard of Blevins?! I mean it's one of the 'burbs around Delight (home of Glen Campbell).

Dented Can

It's also halfway between Pisgah and Dunlap if that helps any.

HogsInaBlanket

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: HogsInaBlanket on February 12, 2015, 07:32:50 am
Seems to like Baylor too

Interesting.  I didn't realize they played defense. 

Steef

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on February 12, 2015, 08:46:29 am
Interesting.  I didn't realize they played defense.

Perhaps they want to start.

Hogberry Snortcake

OLDHOG

Quote from: Dented Can on February 11, 2015, 11:13:20 pm
The only thing I can add is he was an outstanding young man when he got here and still is. Hard worker at everything he does including in the classroom. Who he ends up signing with is anybody's guess right now. He will be one that can go anywhere he wants to. Saban visited a few weeks ago.
He definitely qualifies for uncommon.

CPO Hog

Quote from: The Boar War on February 11, 2015, 04:05:23 pm
It's on the road from Prescott to Nashville.

They have a flashing yellow light, gas station and Post Office.
Emmett is now part of Blevins ISD. Their gas station closed down a few years ago.

Athog

I grew up there and know Blevins well. Hope is a Hog strong area so that should
help hopefully!

nationwish

Quote from: CPO Hog on February 12, 2015, 02:26:50 pm
They have a flashing yellow light, gas station and Post Office.
Emmett is now part of Blevins ISD. Their gas station closed down a few years ago.

My grandparents owned that gas station. I went there many times as a kid.