Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QB recruiting

Started by IBleedRazorbackRed, February 09, 2015, 08:02:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IBleedRazorbackRed

Coach Enos has a twitter now so I went in to see which high school qb's he was following. I'm interested to see which qb's we actively go after. These are the kids I found.

Matthew Beck, Louisiana http://247sports.com/Player/Matthew-Beck-38579
Dillon Sterling-Cole, Texas http://247sports.com/Player/Dillon-Sterling-Cole-29641?Institution=21775
Skylar Thompson, Missouri http://247sports.com/Player/Skylar-Thompson-31547
Shea Patterson, Louisiana http://247sports.com/Player/Shea-Patterson-27311?Institution=2269
Cole Kelley, Louisiana http://247sports.com/Player/Cole-Kelly-77447

ArmyOfnobunaga

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Tim Harris

QB is the position I'm most interested in following this year. It will be the first time since Bielema got here that is his QB for he class isn't already defined.

redeye

I think we've been on most, if not all, of these players for a while.  Pretty sure Richard has mentioned several of them in the past.

jackflash

Watch Coach Spurrier on his recruiting class. Said he recruited a running QB because most college football teams have one. I would like to see the Hogs with one.

grayhawg

Quote from: jackflash on February 10, 2015, 09:34:20 pm
Watch Coach Spurrier on his recruiting class. Said he recruited a running QB because most college football teams have one. I would like to see the Hogs with one.
Peavy and Storey?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Did you also see where he said he could have tried more in recruiting?

tophawg19

Peavey  can run well . Ty not so much ,
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Spikes

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

yraciv

Hambone Hog

Hambone Hog

Quote from: yraciv on February 10, 2015, 11:10:14 pm
Guy was born to throw the ball. Unfortunately that may be for Bobby.

Lol beat me to the punchline

Tim Harris

I would say with the offense we run passing efficiency would matter more than being able to run.

AugustaHog

Patterson is the most obvious stud on that board.  Not just because of rankings, but looking at offer list it is apparent that he has significant ability.  If we could pull him that would be a big signal to other skill position players that we are going to be nasty real quick.

Tim Harris

There is absolutely nothing to show there is interest in these particular players but here are a couple other pro style QBs who are in surrounding states.

http://247sports.com/Player/Keaton-Torre-42981
http://247sports.com/Player/Scotty-Gilkey-57490
http://247sports.com/Player/Bowman-Sells-28095

Oklahawg

The best QB in OK is Mason Fine at Locust Grove (NE OK, halfway between Tulsa and Siloam Springs). Unfortunately, he is short, maybe not even 6-0. That will not get him a P5 look. He will land in the lap of a mid-major and be a great QB.

Unbelievable numbers at a school that NEVER has had good football.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

^^^^^^

Personal opinion after seeing him on TV during the 2014 playoffs.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 11, 2015, 08:02:41 am
I would say with the offense we run passing efficiency would matter more than being able to run.

This. Just because someone can run doesn't make them a good qb.

Hawginthecovers

Cole Kelly....Wholly cow!  A slower Matt Jones with a better arm.  Looks good to me.  Teurlings is a smaller catholic school and probably doesn't play many big boys but the dude is tall and can move.  Doesn't matter what kind of competition he plays.  Under the radar?

WriterWrong

Anybody know why Dillon Sterling-Cole isn't in a year classification? His profile just says "Class of ".

sickboy

February 11, 2015, 04:08:51 pm #20 Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:00:44 pm by sickboy
Quote from: Spikes on February 10, 2015, 10:59:08 pm
Can we get this guy?

http://247sports.com/Player/Jawon-Pass-33473

Well, he's got strong looking shoulders. And he's so dark you can't even discern his facial features, so the secondary can't read his eyes. I like it.

EDIT: When I wrote this... they had a stock photo for his profile picture. One of those black silhouettes with numbers. Now that his picture has been posted... this comment is awkward. Just pointing out that it was an attempt at levity... not racism.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: WriterWrong on February 11, 2015, 03:17:18 pm
Anybody know why Dillon Sterling-Cole isn't in a year classification? His profile just says "Class of ".

Yeah, that threw me off as well. He's listed as class of 2016 on Rivals tho.

WorfHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 11, 2015, 08:22:19 am
The best QB in OK is Mason Fine at Locust Grove (NE OK, halfway between Tulsa and Siloam Springs). Unfortunately, he is short, maybe not even 6-0. That will not get him a P5 look. He will land in the lap of a mid-major and be a great QB.

Unbelievable numbers at a school that NEVER has had good football.

Sometimes those short guys work out at the college level.

jcharkansas

I thought the Qb from conway looks pretty good, may not be d1 or p5 level though.

bkjbearcat

B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

usf15cc

Russell Wilson to name another. Talent supersedes size in my opinion.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: WorfHog on February 12, 2015, 10:17:27 am
Sometimes those short guys work out at the college level.

Name me 10 short guy all americans and Ill name you 100 tall guy all nfl.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

stahawg

I don't think we have to recruit a QB in the 2016 class. We have a Sr. QB who is set to remain with the 1st group, Austin, Peavey, Story each waiting their respective turns. I'm sure there are more QBs on the roster as well.  Each is very talented. Unless of course, there is a QB that just can't be ignored and we take. Thoughts?

Tim Harris

Quote from: stahawg on February 13, 2015, 08:17:25 am
I don't think we have to recruit a QB in the 2016 class. We have a Sr. QB who is set to remain with the 1st group, Austin, Peavey, Story each waiting their respective turns. I'm sure there are more QBs on the roster as well.  Each is very talented. Unless of course, there is a QB that just can't be ignored and we take. Thoughts?

Every school targets a QB each year regardless of what they have on the roster.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Btw my remark was made from anger.

Not at you but IMO BIGGTIME one of the best qbs in a long time is a little guy named Rakeem Cato. He would make it big in the nfl but I doubt he gets a chance. Makes me sad. Im a huge Cato fan.