Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Scholarships available?

Started by Oudabounds, February 06, 2015, 08:09:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Oudabounds

There appears to be a numbers crunch in our future. 

Of the current 84 scholarship players, we only have 13 Seniors.....with the 85 maximum scholarship, could we going to limited to only 14 recruits in the class of 2016 if everyone stays on-board?........or should we expect up to 11 player to transfer/leave before the 2016 recruits arrive?

Is this just a case of "the numbers will work themselves out"......

Pork Twain

Quote from: Oudabounds on February 06, 2015, 08:09:39 am
There appears to be a numbers crunch in our future. 

Of the current 84 scholarship players, we only have 13 Seniors.....with the 85 maximum scholarship, could we going to limited to only 14 recruits in the class of 2016 if everyone stays on-board?........or should we expect up to 11 player to transfer/leave before the 2016 recruits arrive?

Is this just a case of "the numbers will work themselves out"......

yes
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

CDBHawg

It's going to be interesting to see how we sign a full class. There will definitely have to be some transfers.

dhizzle

Huds_HawgTide

There is the chance that skipper and or kirkland could leave early, alex collins may leave early...doesnt seem like anyone else is good enough to jump a yr early...well maybe hunter henry
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

PorkRinds

We will be forced to "trim the fat" so to speak. Likely upper classmen who have no chance to see the field will be encouraged to find a transfer.

HoggyStyle07

Collins, Kirkland, Skipper, Henry all may leave early. There is also 3-5 transfers out every year from kids deep in the depth chart. The numbers always work themselves out. I hope none of the above leave early, especially Collins. I think he's the hardest to replace since we have so much depth at OL & TE.
#BeUncommon #WPS

PorkRinds

Quote from: HoggyStyle07 on February 06, 2015, 10:22:53 am
Collins, Kirkland, Skipper, Henry all may leave early. There is also 3-5 transfers out every year from kids deep in the depth chart. The numbers always work themselves out. I hope none of the above leave early, especially Collins. I think he's the hardest to replace since we have so much depth at OL & TE.

I've said this before, but Collins will not leave early unless he has a monster year next season.  He believes he needs a season as the "feature back" without Jwill to really show what he can do.  I'd say unless he gets over 1500 next season, he will be back.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HoggyStyle07 on February 06, 2015, 10:22:53 am

Our OL is not as deep as the coaches want. We are talented, not deep.
This is my non-signature signature.