Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When is WR Reed enrolling?

Started by WaltonCollege, February 05, 2015, 07:49:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

Anyone know when Reed is supposed to get on campus? 1st or 2nd summer session? This is the one guy that can change our offense most next season in the Enos offense. 4.3 speed, 6'3ish like randy moss. Want him here ASAP to work with Herb and learn the offense.

yraciv

Noone knows. He has to pass College Algebra first.

Hogfan46

He is supposed to graduate JUCO in May. As long as he handles his academic business he would enroll at UA in the summer.

ldfergu

Quote from: Hogfan46 on February 05, 2015, 07:54:55 pm
He is supposed to graduate JUCO in May. As long as he handles his academic business he would enroll at UA in the summer.

Really hope this happens.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogfan46 on February 05, 2015, 07:54:55 pm

Lunney or someone said yesterday, that they expect him there May 26 for summer school. Of course, they expected the same from Tretola.

WaltonCollege

Is there really a chance of him not making it? Not sure  Arkansas coaches would have gambled on grades they are pretty picky with their schollys...

WaltonCollege

Yeah let's just hope by 2nd summer session early July.

redeye

Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 05, 2015, 08:00:09 pm
Is there really a chance of him not making it? Not sure  Arkansas coaches would have gambled on grades they are pretty picky with their schollys...

Well, we really need a receiver like him and our other option bailed on us, so we had the offer to risk.  That's probably why they waited so late to offer, though.

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on February 05, 2015, 08:20:54 pm
Well, we really need a receiver like him and our other option bailed on us, so we had the offer to risk.  That's probably why they waited so late to offer, though.

We offered a long time ago, he visited in November. Now, was it an offer based on grades, who knows.

redeye

Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2015, 08:22:25 pm
We offered a long time ago, he visited in November. Now, was it an offer based on grades, who knows.

Yea, that's what I meant.  IIRC, most here seemed to think his offer was conditional and that he would have committed sooner if it hadn't been.

TX HOG

Wish he was taking algebra at Arkansas.

31to6

Summer. But WR's are one of the easiest positions to plug into an offense for quick productivity.

redeye

Quote from: 31to6 on February 05, 2015, 08:43:38 pm
Summer. But WR's are one of the easiest positions to plug into an offense for quick productivity.

I agree, unless you're talking about quality WR's, which is where we've been lacking.

Tusks

get him an online algebra class........and a tutor.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

TX HOG

Quote from: tusked on February 06, 2015, 01:12:27 am
get him an online algebra class........and a tutor.

Yes. Tutor. That's why I wish she was taking it at Arkansas

ricepig

Quote from: TX HOG on February 06, 2015, 07:40:06 am
Yes. Tutor. That's why I wish she was taking it at Arkansas

Nah, Southern Utah Community College, or whatever it was the Eddie used to get some JUCO kids in. We probably could give Miss St a call, they squeezed in about 15 hours one summer intersession period for a player.

Cresthog

Quote from: TX HOG on February 05, 2015, 08:31:39 pm
Wish he was taking algebra at Arkansas.

Really?

Our math department is notoriously awful.

Tim Harris

Bielema said this morning on the radio they have to him in for the Summer 2 session which is the last week in June.

OrvilleRedenporker

He will help the moment he arrives.  It won't matter if its August 1st.  They could have a package of plays for him where he could contribute immediately.  He is a gifted player and according to BB, the number one receiver we had on our recruiting board.

TX HOG

Quote from: Cresthog on February 06, 2015, 08:26:27 am
Really?

Our math department is notoriously awful.

Don't athletes receive tons of academic support??

Cresthog

Quote from: TX HOG on February 06, 2015, 09:42:44 am
Don't athletes receive tons of academic support??

Yea but he's gotta qualify to get IN for that support as far as I know.

Everyone just cheats on U of A math anyway. Or least that's what we did from 08-2012. It was a joke. Zero teaching.

snoblind

Quote from: Cresthog on February 06, 2015, 09:46:59 am
Yea but he's gotta qualify to get IN for that support as far as I know.

Everyone just cheats on U of A math anyway. Or least that's what we did from 08-2012. It was a joke. Zero teaching.

:)

Over 30 years ago I'm sitting in Cal III class.  We had an Asian grad student who spoke terrible English.  After about 30 minutes of failing to get us to understand something a few young ladies go ballistic on this guy for his lack of English and teaching skills.  Brutal.  Brought the guy to tears.

Those days are hazy, but IIRC they brought someone else in to teach the rest of the semester.

ricepig

Quote from: snoblind on February 06, 2015, 10:01:12 am

Over 30 years ago I'm sitting in Cal III class.  We had an Asian grad student who spoke terrible English.  After about 30 minutes of failing to get us to understand something a few young ladies go ballistic on this guy for his lack of English and teaching skills.  Brutal.  Brought the guy to tears.

Those days are hazy, but IIRC they brought someone else in to teach the rest of the semester.

Well, mine was Cal I, and he was writing with his right hand and erasing with his left. I switched to Political Science soon afterwards.

Cresthog

Quote from: snoblind on February 06, 2015, 10:01:12 am

Same here. It was REDIC. We just learned how to cheat the quiz's online and then memorize the test questions but substituting numbers.

It was a joke.

All Bleed Red

Found it interesting that Coach B quoted "Reed was the #1 guy on our board."  He must really love this kid and think he'll make a difference immediately.  I'm excited to see him stretch the field.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: OrvilleRedenporker on February 06, 2015, 09:42:35 am
He will help the moment he arrives. It won't matter if its August 1st. They could have a package of plays for him where he could contribute immediately.  He is a gifted player and according to BB, the number one receiver we had on our recruiting board.
Yes it does matter. The coaches expect him for at least one summer session and hopefully both. They think it will happen.

mhuff

Some other thread had him lacking 2 English classes and an algebra class. I was assuming that was English Lit. Anyone know what he is lacking and what he is enrolled in this semester. I don't think he can get any tutoring until he is enrolled here. I also think that he has to make at least a "C" in the class as "D" grades won't transfer in. Please correct anything that may be wrong in this comment.