Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BYU signed a 6'7 410 lb recruit who they've never even seen play football

Started by PaintballHog, February 05, 2015, 05:58:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PaintballHog

Thepigdoctor

Right there with you and coach. I think the key is, you can teach someone the game, you can't teach size and will. Good for him and them, hope it works out.

ChiTown27

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Fatmanhog

Good god. He definitely has the size and the face to be in the trenches.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Tongans are proof that either Africans sailed the seas or tongans went west too...  IJS
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

ArmyOfnobunaga

Ive been saying for years that eventually CFB will get on sumo and Polynesian kids. Too much innate size and too much innate balance.

The link will not open so I am just assuming he is Polynesian.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

TexHog188

It will be two years before we know if he can play or not, he's leaving on an LDS church mission.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

ZERO

Bronco Mendenhall was near the top of the list of people I'd have liked for Jeff Long to hire before Bielema was announced. That has nothing to do with this, just saying.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

scorekeeper

Quote from: ZERO on February 05, 2015, 06:51:52 pm
Bronco Mendenhall was near the top of the list of people I'd have liked for Jeff Long to hire before Bielema was announced. That has nothing to do with this, just saying.
The Denver Bronco's don't have many Mormons on their team. That also has nothing to do with this, just saying.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

lasthog

zane

RIP LSUfan

Adam Stokes

He mentioned that how Ezekial Ansah turned out gave him more confidence to do it.  For those who don't know, Ziggy came to BYU from Ghana to go to school and tried out for the basketball team but didn't make it.  With no football experience and going into his sophomore year of college, Mendenhall was able to turn him into a Top 5 pick in the 2013 draft and he is doing pretty well in the NFL with the Lions.

With Langi going to Arizona on his mission he will still be able to eat like crazy, so his weight probably won't drop a ton, and for those of you who have friends from West Polynesia you know how big of hulks those guys can be.  It'll be interesting to see what comes of him. 

ArmyOfnobunaga

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/02/03/polynesian-super-bowl/1882001/

http://www.quora.com/How-effective-would-sumo-wrestlers-be-as-NFL-linemen

These guys would definitely be uncommon. Mark my words... the time will come when we see this.

btw my favorite of all time.
natural made linebackers imo.

But heck Im crazy.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

texas tush hog

;)
Quote from: Fatmanhog on February 05, 2015, 06:09:53 pm
Good god. He definitely has the size and the face to be in the trenches.

Yea, but what they are not saying is he benches 650 and cleans 1200 and Jet Li is his personal trainer.

TheRazorbackGuy

woodrow hog call

Quote from: TexHog188 on February 05, 2015, 06:46:19 pm
It will be two years before we know if he can play or not, he's leaving on an LDS church mission.

He could be a great missionary, go to some remote village somewhere and tell everybody
if you don't get saved I'm going to eat you.

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

dhizzle

We need some people to go on missions and then report back to coach B.

Hog N Bama

hogfanfromlr

From an island that is 70% smaller than Washington County.  He must have eaten everything on the island.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonga

ARtillahog

Quote from: hogfanfromlr on February 06, 2015, 08:55:02 am
From an island that is 70% smaller than Washington County.  He must have eaten everything on the island.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonga

Or the rest of the island.

Adam Stokes

One of my buddies ran into Elder Langi at the Missionary Training Center this morning during their workout time.  My friend is a pretty buff 5'10", put on some marriage pounds and is around 190, but you would think he is much smaller from the picture.

[attachment deleted by admin]

PaintballHog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on February 06, 2015, 10:09:07 am
One of my buddies ran into him at the Missionary Training Center this morning during their workout time.  My friend is a pretty buff 5'10", maybe put on some marriage pounds and is probably around 190, but you would think he is much smaller from the picture.

Holy Crap

jtw732

Idk what his position is, but without a doubt I would teach him the nose tackle position and use him just like the pats do with Wilfork. That dude could cause nothing but chaos for a team trying to run up the middle.

Vantage 8 dude

Now THAT'S what I call a real evaluation by a coach: You're recommended due to a pick up basketball game TWO years prior and then you meet the HC just before you go on a mission trip. Apparently never evaluated based on football skills, game film or whatever....I'm just glad this isn't a method that CBB or staff would utilize in determining whether or not to offer. One advantage BYU WILL have though: if this kid ever even sees the field all they'll have to do is put him in and automatically 1/2 line of scrimmage is covered by his shadow.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on February 05, 2015, 06:04:37 pm

Right there with you and coach. I think the key is, you can teach someone the game, you can't teach size and will. Good for him and them, hope it works out.

He doesn't have to be taught much to be effective as an OL.....at 6'7 & 410lbs. 

When the ball is snapped, just fall forward at a slight angle....that should take out at least 2 defensive players....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

presidenthog

Quote from: Keyser Sooieze on February 06, 2015, 08:47:39 am
That's like the worst highlight reel I've ever seen.  The kid isn't exactly fleet footed, is he.  :)
Someone during recruiting season challenged us to find a highlight real that wasn't good and didn't make us go wow offer that kid. Well I challenge that poster to watch that and tell me they said wow that was great.