Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E.K. Franks just

Started by Jeter_1, February 04, 2015, 02:01:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeter_1

Said on Overtime that the phone is ringing and emails are flowing with interest in our last open spot. Said we may not be done.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Jeter_1 on February 04, 2015, 02:01:19 pm
Said the phone is ringing and emails are flowing with interest in our last open spot. Said we may not be done.

Interesting. Wonder there are some good players getting left out of classes that are now full.

PaintballHog

please another OT, please another OT

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on February 04, 2015, 02:03:12 pm

There's a reason there is a premium on top OT's, limited numbers. I doubt we get a 4* OT.

Jim Harris

Said on Overtime that the phone is ringing and emails are flowing with interest in our last open spot. Said we may not be done.

you mean like the way the phone was ringing and the emails were lowing with interest to be recruited by the Hogs after they curb-stomped LSU and Ole Miss back to back?
Who knows, maybe there is a Philon out there. Or it could be LT's cousin.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Tim Harris

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2015, 02:04:39 pm
There's a reason there is a premium on top OT's, limited numbers. I doubt we get a 4* OT.

So you are saying we are getting a 5* OT?

Saintswine

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Jim Harris on February 04, 2015, 02:06:58 pm
you mean like the way the phone was ringing and the emails were lowing with interest to be recruited by the Hogs after they curb-stomped LSU and Ole Miss back to back?
Who knows, maybe there is a Philon out there. Or it could be LT's cousin.

Agreed.
Our treatment of Texas may help for #25.

" GO HOGS "

Seebs

Okay twitter fiends and research aficionados - find the players that have been asked to grayshirt, blueshirt or simply were casts aside today - who are they? 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

CattleCorn

Is there a link/website that lists of desirable recruits who are yet to be signed?

mhuff

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 04, 2015, 02:07:58 pm
So you are saying we are getting a 5* OT?

Good for you Tim.+10000

outlawhogeywells

has anything else been said about this?

SquidBilly

We still have some official visits left and the window to sign is open for the next month.  If the right guy is available the staff will have time to bring him in and do a proper eval.

hvsupastar

Should have signed that 400 pound Tongan boy lol
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Pig In The City

I don't know , maybe Petrini's last dick move?

hawg IQ

Quote from: Pig In The City on February 06, 2015, 10:43:51 am
I don't know , maybe Petrini's last dick move?
Quote from: outlawhogeywells on February 05, 2015, 12:23:22 pm
has anything else been said about this?
Just an opinion here, But I think his reference was on NSD there was a possibility of getting a 5 star still. Maybe from the west coast ( don't know that for sure). That faded and some other folks signed some where else also.

If anyone had followed some other schools that day, there was quite a bit of jumping around such as Florida getting some really good recruits toward the end of the day. Its was a very odd recruiting day to say the least.

Its looks like Hogs might just hold that last spot for just the right guy if he's out there. And its not to unusual for something to open up later for whatever reason.
go hogs go !

Hog N Bama

Where did Porter Gustin go?

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Uncommon

February 06, 2015, 11:54:42 am #19 Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 01:00:17 pm by Uncommon
There is an ESPN 300 defensive back from the Miami area named Kendrell McFadden that hasn't signed to anyone yet.  Arkansas is mentioned in this article.

Premium - http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/broward/fl-miramar-kendrell-mcfadden-update-0206-20150205-story.html

That would be a really nice, special #25.

younghog

Quote from: Uncommon on February 06, 2015, 11:54:42 am
There is an ESPN 300 defensive back from the Miami area named Kendrell McFadden that hasn't signed to anyone yet.  Arkansas is mentioned in this article.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/broward/fl-miramar-kendrell-mcfadden-update-0206-20150205-story.html

nice find
GO HOGS

72756Hog

Quote from: hawg IQ on February 06, 2015, 11:18:46 am
Just an opinion here, But I think his reference was on NSD there was a possibility of getting a 5 star still. Maybe from the west coast ( don't know that for sure). That faded and some other folks signed some where else also.

If anyone had followed some other schools that day, there was quite a bit of jumping around such as Florida getting some really good recruits toward the end of the day. Its was a very odd recruiting day to say the least.

Its looks like Hogs might just hold that last spot for just the right guy if he's out there. And its not to unusual for something to open up later for whatever reason.
Most of those 5 star recruits went where most people thought they would go and even the surprises were only moderate surprises. I don't think he was referring to a 5 star suddenly jumping on board at the last minute, especially since none visited us. I think he meant "special" in the way that they weren't going to take just any body, they were looking for an "uncommon" recruit for spot #25.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just drag you down to their level and win by experience.

MFG

Kendrell McFadden didn't have the grades for FSU.

He's more than likely a sign-and-place.

rwspear

Quote from: Uncommon on February 06, 2015, 11:54:42 am

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/broward/fl-miramar-kendrell-mcfadden-update-0206-20150205-story.html

premium article

JBoroHog

If this is "complete the sentence", I'm gonna go with E.K. Franks just Stephen Hill.

Uncommon

Quote from: rwspear on February 06, 2015, 12:40:09 pm
premium article
I don't know how I got to view it the first time but I did somehow.  Didn't know it was premium.

aloha_kid

Someone get on Cece.

Sir Oinksalot

...the article says the football season came to an abrupt halt when school officials admitted to "grade fixing" for some athletes....

McFadden transferred from Miramar (which is still under investigation) and is currently awaiting scores on some tests
he had to take...hopefully he can gain his elig.

take your finger and scroll up (on I-pad) and as long as you don't let go you can view it...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

aloha_kid

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on February 06, 2015, 01:18:34 pm
...the article says the football season came to an abrupt halt when school officials admitted to "grade fixing" for some athletes....

McFadden transferred from Miramar (which is still under investigation) and is currently awaiting scores on some tests
he had to take...hopefully he can gain his elig.

take your finger and scroll up (on I-pad) and as long as you don't let go you can view it...

TrueBlue

CeCe Jefferson still hasn't signed  ;)

TrueBlue

Quote from: JBoroHog on February 06, 2015, 12:52:02 pm
If this is "complete the sentence", I'm gonna go with E.K. Franks just Stephen Hill.

I thought that same thing 10-12 minutes ago.

snf6278

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 06, 2015, 04:40:46 pm
I thought that same thing 10-12 minutes ago.
So you're saying something "biggers" is on the horizon?

Athog

Quote from: PaintballHog on February 04, 2015, 02:03:12 pm

Hurry you are late for Sophmore English class!

IBleedRazorbackRed

Break & Run

Quote from: Athog on February 07, 2015, 12:39:27 pm
Hurry you are late for Sophmore English class!

Oh the irony...

SOPHOMORE...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

outlawhogeywells

Been a while.  Any news if we are going to use the 25th scholarship this year