Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is the best class we've signed since I started following recruiting.

Started by Wildhog, February 04, 2015, 12:18:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Very happy with this class.  I especially love that we were able to bring in eight guys at mid-term.  This is the first class I can remember that there's NOT ONE player that I would label as a reach. 

We were a couple of late misses away from signing an ELITE class.  Hopefully, after a great 2015 season, we can break through to that next level.

We're very close.  This could be the class that we look back on and say, "These are the guys that made it possible."  Great times ahead for our Hogs.

WPS
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

logand02

BoynamedWooPigSooie

This is a very good class. It's not one to be ashamed about. We brought in contributors w/ all slots. The Walkons will have great opportunities to earn scholarships as well.

We don't over sign and process out duds. Walking on at Arkansas is a foot in the door not a burden of 5 years.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

HotlantaHog

Ranked 21 per ESPN
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings

Ranked 23 per Rivals
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/all/all

Ranked 23 by 24/7
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Given that the Hogs have struggled the last few years from a W-L standpoint and that Arkansas high schools only go so far to filing the Hogs needs, it is a very impressive class.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2015, 12:18:14 pm
Very happy with this class.  I especially love that we were able to bring in eight guys at mid-term.  This is the first class I can remember that there's NOT ONE player that I would label as a reach. 

We were a couple of late misses away from signing an ELITE class.  Hopefully, after a great 2015 season, we can break through to that next level.

We're very close.  This could be the class that we look back on and say, "These are the guys that made it possible."  Great times ahead for our Hogs.

WPS
Completely agree and can you imagine what this staff can do with more time to build relationships and win games?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Razorfox

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 04, 2015, 12:28:36 pm
Best class maybe. But everything is relative. Still ranks 8-10 out of 14 sec schools.

While this is true and there is a correlation between recruiting rank and success on the field, I think there is reason to be excited still.  I agree with the OP that this is the best class we've had.  The main reason is that this class has the most players that we beat out major programs for.  We've never done that in the past at this level. 

ThisTeetsTaken

All we can ask of our coach here at Arkansas is a top 25 finish in recruiting most years.   That puts us in that middle group of 4-5 SEC schools.  Below the first 4-5 and just ahead of the bottom 4-5.  Given our geography there isn't much more you could ask of a coaching staff than what CBB and his coaches are delivering.  Go Hogs! See you at the spring game!  :razorback:
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

colbs

opineonswine

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 04, 2015, 12:28:36 pm
Best class maybe. But everything is relative. Still ranks 8-10 out of 14 sec schools.

Actually 11th, but not much separation after the obvious.

AND....if you look at avg player rating we are about 7th in the SEC.

opineonswine

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 04, 2015, 12:55:17 pm
All we can ask of our coach here at Arkansas is a top 25 finish in recruiting most years.   That puts us in that middle group of 4-5 SEC schools.  Below the first 4-5 and just ahead of the bottom 4-5.  Given our geography there isn't much more you could ask of a coaching staff than what CBB and his coaches are delivering.  Go Hogs! See you at the spring game!  :razorback:

Well said....

Hoggish1

dishhog40

I agree.  Strongest class I can ever recall.   Things should get even better after next season when the hog take a 10+ win record into recruits homes. 

Hogfan46

WPS

+1

MJ2

Not sure what more can be done.   Got a high priced coach, top notch facilities, good college town, backing by the entire state, ended the prior year on a high note, Wal Mart, Tyson, Stephens, Inc. and still 10th in the conference. 

Calling All Hogs

If any of these guys were Plan B guys, then this is the best Plan B I can recall. 

chancehogg

WPS
i agree 100% but you have to be the most bi-polar poster on here and that's saying something

Dr Swineglove

We've had classes before where we signed some really good skill position players, but I can't recall us doing this well on D and the O-line.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

duckman

Considering that Ark kids are usually underrated IMO, great class...  I also think RW3 is WAY underrated.

scruf

+1 Great post! I think if the Hogs hit 8-9 wins next year they will crack the Top #20 in recruiting in 2016. I think 10 wins in 2016 might get Arkansas in the Top 15. It's going to have to be a slow and steady climb because the staff is not going to take short cuts.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

jkstock04

Stats wise this is the best class we have signed since 2009. Being as that we had such strong in state recruits (comparatively) it made it much easier to do so. We inevitably still rank near the bottom of the SEC, but considering everything this is still a good class, especially for us.

The only real reach I see is Reed in that whether or not he can get qualified.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

MontanaHog

While it's human nature to look at the teams above us in recruiting rankings with envy, take a look at some pretty salty programs below us--Florida, Nebraska, Miami, TCU, Michigan , etc.  I realize recruiting for some of these teams are likely down to coaching changes, but still...  Our staff is doing at lot of things right. Go Hogs!

redeye

Nice post Wildhog!

This class is solid from top to bottom and that makes it better then it's ranked imo.  Some classes ranked higher can't say that are pretty weak outside a few highly ranked players.

LZH

I keep saying that I'm gonna start following recruiting more, but haven't done it.  Guess I'll just keep peeking in on these posts to see what's up.

Fwiw, just as I had to give BB credit for the 2nd half of last season, then I'll trust that he knows talent and how to go get it.

jgphillips3

This class is salty from top to bottom.  It's all wheat and no chaff.  We brought 24 guys in who can make our program better.  Yes, we whiffed on some elite talent that would have made the class sparkle, but this is a great, foundational class that makes us better at almost every position on the field.  Woo freakin' Pig baby!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: LZH on February 04, 2015, 02:50:59 pm
I keep saying that I'm gonna start following recruiting more, but haven't done it.  Guess I'll just keep peeking in on these posts to see what's up.

Fwiw, just as I had to give BB credit for the 2nd half of last season, then I'll trust that he knows talent and how to go get it.

"One lucky man with my feet in the sand"

Good things are comin', so just enjoy from NSD until Saturday, April 25 and then onto UTEP on September 5.

Excellent class to dovetail our needs. CBB/Staff +1...

" GO HOGS "

yraciv

Arkansas 247 Composite Rankings
2011: 21/9th/.8351
2012: 28/10th/.8633
2013: 23/9th/.8023
2014: 29/11th/.8470
2015: 24/12th/8685

I like this class and it may eventually be the best we've ever had, but for all those saying this is far and away the best class we've had in a long time, pump the breaks! It is a little higher based on average, but it seems right on par with our typical SEC/National rankings.

I'll hold off and compare this class to the others in 4 years.

Wildhog

Quote from: yraciv on February 04, 2015, 03:35:50 pm
Arkansas 247 Composite Rankings
2011: 21/9th/.8351
2012: 28/10th/.8633
2013: 23/9th/.8023
2014: 29/11th/.8470
2015: 24/12th/8685

I like this class and it may eventually be the best we've ever had, but for all those saying this is far and away the best class we've had in a long time, pump the breaks! It is a little higher based on average, but it seems right on par with our typical SEC/National rankings.

I'll hold off and compare this class to the others in 4 years.

It's absolutely the best class we've signed in a long time.  Recruiting rankings mean absolutely zero to me.

From top to bottom, we haven't signed a better class than this as long as I've been following recruiting.  There's just no filler.  Every commit is a quality commit.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The depth is the best part of this class.  All the way down it looks solid.

Pig In The City

We have lots to be thankful for. Our defense is online and we have high hopes that our new coordinator can get our offense of its death bed. And a great recruiting class that fills some major holes. I could not be more pleased.

nonoffensiveposter

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2015, 03:41:07 pm
It's absolutely the best class we've signed in a long time.  Recruiting rankings mean absolutely zero to me.

From top to bottom, we haven't signed a better class than this as long as I've been following recruiting.  There's just no filler.  Every commit is a quality commit.

You have no Idea how many of these guys are really gonna contribute. Nice class, but I wouldn't call it better than 2009 (#16), or 2008.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: MJ2 on February 04, 2015, 01:01:03 pm
Not sure what more can be done.   Got a high priced coach, top notch facilities, good college town, backing by the entire state, ended the prior year on a high note, Wal Mart, Tyson, Stephens, Inc. and still 10th in the conference. 

MJ, let an old greybeard give you some advice.  Never turn on the recruiting services at all.  Just leads to ulcers.

Seriously, good class and I hope you get to enjoy many many victories from it.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2015, 03:41:07 pm

I know that the vast majority of this class all had big time offers.  And most of them had multiple big time offers.  There weren't a bunch of kids we beat Middle Tenn, or Southwestern La, etc., for.

Even the last couple of kids who didn't off a long, impressive offer list we beat top schools to get, i.e. Arizona and Nebraska.

If you base this class on that parameter alone it is easily the best class we've signed in memory.

Now, having said that, the only way to evaluate a recruiting class is 3 years later, when they've had to a chance to produce or not produce.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

GRIMMHOG

Who are the so called experts that rank the kids. They are never correct so why should anyone care what they think.
Embrace the Pain

hawginbigd1

Great class! Better classes in 08 and 09 just marginally though! The thing that impresses me is this staff and their ability to so far make each class better without having great results on the field. I believe we are going to be 9+ next year and trend will continue. I am not one that thinks we have to be recruiting top 10 or top 5 in conference to win the big one. I was not a BB fan when he was hired, but his approach to the program is as impressive as I have seen. Let me clarify I wasn't mad, but just thought who he was didn't marry with what we had on campus. I think we have seen that is correct, but the transition has been shorter than I imagined because of his ability to recruit and upgrade his staff.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: GRIMMHOG on February 04, 2015, 04:08:29 pm
Who are the so called experts that rank the kids. They are never correct so why should anyone care what they think.

We go after quality people it seems. If they have good athletic abilities, strong character and work ethic this staff will develop them. Very few high risk, high reward offers on the table.

Großer Kriegschwein

Wildhog

The reason I say it's better than '09 is because of all the "filler" in the '09 class.  There were more than a few of those guys that had no business on an SEC football team.

This is the first class that I can remember where there's no filler.  AND we're having to deal with the 25 limit.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PaintballHog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2015, 04:18:45 pm
The reason I say it's better than '09 is because of all the "filler" in the '09 class.  There were more than a few of those guys that had no business on an SEC football team.

This is the first class that I can remember where there's no filler.  AND we're having to deal with the 25 limit.

The fact we have phone calls and emails flooding in for the 25th spot means we're on to something special.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Wildhog on February 04, 2015, 04:18:45 pm

Yeah, seems like only Tennessee is exempt from the 25 limit.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

There is a very strong correlation between recruiting rankings and success on the field. 

Hawgndaaz

Take the 10 SEC schools ranked ahead of us, then put the coaches names next to each school.

It will make you feel a whole lot better about this class regardless of where you sit. I think BB coaches them up better than most in the league.

Hogarusa

Last in the West.  Big fan of who is coming in but that is frustrating.  It's a Mtn to climb every year in recruiting and still a long ways to trying to get that first SEC title
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

redeye

None of us know how this class will materialize and the same can be said about Alabama's.  I agree that saying it's the best ever at Arkansas may be reaching, but not by much.  The thing that stands out to me, in comparison to past classes, is that it's solid from top to bottom.

Every player has offers from other good P5 powers, which is something you can't say about some 4-star recruits out there.  Overall, this class probably doesn't match up with some others at the top, but it's stronger at the bottom.  Bielema doesn't recruit fillers.

HSVhogfan2

You do realize that 3 of the 4 playoff teams are usually the ones at the top of the recruiting rankings, right?
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: MJ2 on February 04, 2015, 01:01:03 pm
Not sure anything needs to be done.  Saying we're 10th in the conference doesn't mean too much when all of the classes are clustered in.  Now, if we were 10th in the SEC and in the 40s or 50s nationally, that would be a bit different.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 04, 2015, 05:16:33 pm
You do realize that 3 of the 4 playoff teams are usually the ones at the top of the recruiting rankings, right?

I'm not a sunshine kind of guy but this is the best class I've seen in 24 years since I have followed it.

Doing this with a 3 and 7 win seasons makes me optimistic.   I'm more optimistic with the hs relationships being built in four states. In particular here in Houston.

I think it's possible the hogs only win 7 or 8 games this year (see not a sunshine pumper) BUT if th hogs can string together 9 or 10 wins I forsee a skyrocket effect short term.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will