Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Cantrell

Started by The Hawg Marshal, October 04, 2014, 01:10:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

Austin Cantrell - Sr. LB/RB/TE Rolland (People's Choice) (52%, 4,840 Votes)
Jeremy Lewis - Jr. RB Lone Grove (People's Choice) (10%, 948 Votes)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Austin Cantrell - Sr. LB/RB/TE Rolland (People's Choice) (52%, 4,860 Votes)
Jeremy Lewis - Jr. RB Lone Grove (People's Choice) (10%, 948 Votes)

Last vote?

HawgMa44

Thanks for all the he votes Hogville!  Your support was amazing,  but you called it correctly.  Austin was not about to win even with the popular vote. I say....WPS WHO NEEDS VYPE'S ANYWAY!!

greenie

Well...although Austin got 5 times the votes of anyone else, he didn't even place in the top 5.  In fact, the top 2 vote getters weren't in the top 5.  This was not about popular votes, it was about who Shelter Insurance agents wanted.  And, I bet the fact that Austin is committed to Arkansas pretty much black balled him.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: TebowHater on January 29, 2015, 11:21:18 pm
Hi sorry for the uninformed question..don't follow recruiting too closely, but I just watched the kid's entire highlight tape after seeing this thread and was wondering if anyone knows how well he runs routes/can catch.  I realize it is probably a product of his HS offense, but I didn't see him thrown a single pass on the whole tape and his stats say he only caught 15 passes all year and only 35 his entire HS career.  For comparison, HH caught 107 his senior year alone, 216 total.  Not bashing the kid by any means--super stoked he is a hog and is obviously very highly regarded--just curious if anyone knows more about this from perhaps seeing him at camps etc.  The recent 247 article predicts he will be an NFL tight end so I am just wondering if there is some other stuff I am missing thanks!

Thing with Cantrell was it was basically him and Bunch (QB/S) that led that team this year. Cantrell played RB/FB WR TE LB DE and kicked. Dude barely got off the field. He can catch just fine. He'll actually be able to focus all this talents into one position when he gets up to the Hill as opposed to ever position on the field.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: HawgMa44 on February 03, 2015, 10:32:11 am
Thanks for all the he votes Hogville!  Your support was amazing,  but you called it correctly.  Austin was not about to win even with the popular vote. I say....WPS WHO NEEDS VYPE'S ANYWAY!!

You wouldn't happen to be Cantrells mom would you?

HawgMa44

opineonswine

Quote from: HawgMa44 on February 03, 2015, 11:05:16 am
Proud to say that I am.

Proud to have you here.  VERY excited to have Austin as a Razorback.

greenie

Proud to say that I am.

We are very proud to have Austin coming to Fayetteville.  I hope you get to watch him play in many games.

Großer Kriegschwein

Proud to say that I am.

Very excited to have you both on board at Arkansas. Very excited.
This is my non-signature signature.

Uncommon

Proud to say that I am.
Word around town is you make a mean Mounds Cake.

HawgMa44

Thanks everyone.  We are blessed to be on board. Austin hasn't had a second thought or second guessed his decision once since last March.

beringer62

#uncommon kids...well represented it seems with Austin!! Can't wait for him to be on the field!! Welcome to #hognation

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: HawgMa44 on February 03, 2015, 11:12:08 am
Thanks everyone.  We are blessed to be on board. Austin hasn't had a second thought or second guessed his decision once since last March.
Thanks, mom! That's good to here. We're looking forward to seeing Austin win championships at Arkansas, he'll be a big part of it I'm sure.  :razorback:

MissippHog

Awesome!  Can't wait to see him in a Hog uniform.

MuskogeeHogFan

Very happy to have you here! I know you are very proud of your son. A great opportunity for him. I am however, very sorry that despite our best efforts, VYPE Oklahoma managed to make this poll come out a different way than it should have. Ah well. So happy to have Austin join the Hogs!
Go Hogs Go!

RazorPiggie

Proud to say that I am.

Awesome Coach Hicks is my brother in law.

ChiTown27

Proud to say that I am.

It must be a great feeling to know you did such an amazing job raising a man! He's going to go far in life, and will undoubtedly generate numerous hog calls in front of 75k people (soon to be >80k). WPS!!!
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

tjhawg

Proud to say that I am.
Welcome to the family!  Looking forward to seeing your son run through the "A"!

pigbacon

The Hawg Marshal

We support uncommon young men here. You and your son are part of the family now. We've got your back. WPS

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on February 03, 2015, 08:09:24 pm
Vype can suck it from now on. But don't look at it as we got screwed. We had the back of one of our own and that's always a good thing. WPS

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on February 03, 2015, 08:12:01 pm
I do want to  thank Lanny and the mods for letting me put this up in 2 different places and running it as long as it took. To me this is what Hogville is all about. Hog fans UNITED to help a fellow Razorback. WPS!!

Quote from: Arkamedes on February 04, 2015, 06:11:46 am
Oklahoma is OK and their Mr. Football is Fine? Maybe our man would have had a better chance of winning if he had had a catchy nickname like Austin "Just Average" Cantrell.

I'm just glad Austin is a Razorback and I think he'll prove that the 52% had it right!

WPS  :razorback:

I definitely agree... But Vype can suck it from here on out.

Very proud of everyone coming together to support a future Great Player at Arkansas!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Thank you everyone!! +1's

PS- Who won?

We can't wait to see what your Son does on and off the field at Arkansas. We wish him nothing but success!! #WPS  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

jjdlc

Proud to say that I am.

Awesome, a large portion of my family is from Roland / Liberty.  Have hear nothing but good things about your son.  Sounds like you raised a remarkable young man.  Can't wait to see him on the field.

RAZORHOGG15

I don't know if anyone else does this but every year a take a look at all the recruits and pick one that becomes my favorite for that class.  I get really excited when that player turns out to be a great hog and very low when they do not turn out to contribute.  This year my guy is mr. Cantrell.  I see a lot of A.J. Derby in this kid but with 4-5 years rather than just 1.  I hope this will be one of my bigger hits and welcome to the board mom.
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

LJHOG

Uncommon for a man of his age.  I like a man of his word.

HawgMa44

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! One benefit to holding true to his word was that he was able to enjoy his last summer. He spent it fishing,fishing fishing and a few other fun things. LOL. he was fully aware that it would likely reflect in "stars and rankings" when he chose not to attend camps and combines (the invites were given) but, he wasn't looking for more offers or the approval of others. As long as Arkansas coaching staff remained satisfied,  no other validation was required.

The Hawg Marshal

We are thrilled to have a young man of his character and talent. We welcome your family to our family. WPS

1hogfan

It is always exciting to see an entire family commit to our Hog Family. We are excited that Austin chose the Hogs and stayed true to his commitment and that his family did too. Welcome and keep visiting our board HawgMa.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: HawgMa44 on February 08, 2015, 09:25:21 am
Thanks for all the kind words everyone! One benefit to holding true to his word was that he was able to enjoy his last summer. He spent it fishing,fishing fishing and a few other fun things. LOL. he was fully aware that it would likely reflect in "stars and rankings" when he chose not to attend camps and combines (the invites were given) but, he wasn't looking for more offers or the approval of others. As long as Arkansas coaching staff remained satisfied,  no other validation was required.
Thanks for sharing! GHG!

mhuff

Quote from: tjhawg on February 03, 2015, 07:48:01 pm
Welcome to the family!  Looking forward to seeing your son run through the "A"!

mhuff

Glad to have you here. I will watch your son with great interest. My oldest son lives in Ada and is an architect. The UA will provide your son with a quality education. I hope he has a great experience. I am going there to Ok. to visit soon. Trying to time it so I can see a BB game in Fayetteville as well.