Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It always makes me feel good to see a Trey Thompson stick it out

Started by k.c.hawg, February 24, 2018, 09:04:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

for 4 years. Guy sincerely looked like a wasted scholarship his first two years and honestly still has some games like that every now and then. That being said, to see him in the biggest game of the year for the Hogs hand out 5 assists, grab 7 rebounds, get a block and only see the need to shoot once. All I can think is, what a team player. He deserves everything good that comes his way. I know it's cool to call him fat and out of shape but he is the only guy we can put in the low post that takes up space. He seems to be in decent shape for his size. He could have quit and gone to a lower level but he hung in there and has been a nice part of the glue.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

rtr

He is a great high post passer, hopefully he gets back into that groove at tournament time.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

daprospecta

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 24, 2018, 09:04:51 pm
for 4 years. Guy sincerely looked like a wasted scholarship his first two years and honestly still has some games like that every now and then. That being said, to see him in the biggest game of the year for the Hogs hand out 5 assists, grab 7 rebounds, get a block and only see the need to shoot once. All I can think is, what a team player. He deserves everything good that comes his way. I know it's cool to call him fat and out of shape but he is the only guy we can put in the low post that takes up space. He seems to be in decent shape for his size. He could have quit and gone to a lower level but he hung in there and has been a nice part of the glue.

I ran into TT going into his junior year and he had dropped at least 20lbs if not more. Told him I was proud of him and he would have a big year. He did. This year, he put that weight back on which is disappointing but he has become a shot blocker and a tough person to move around in the post.  We lost a bit of athleticism with his weight gain but he can be a manimal down low when he wants to be.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: daprospecta on February 24, 2018, 09:35:53 pm
I ran into TT going into his junior year and he had dropped at least 20lbs if not more. Told him I was proud of him and he would have a big year. He did. This year, he put that weight back on which is disappointing but he has become a shot blocker and a tough person to move around in the post.  We lost a bit of athleticism with his weight gain but he can be a manimal down low when he wants to be.

7 boards in 20 min against an athletic team is production. TT running our offense up top kind of makes up for no point guard. Hits cutters in traffic about as well as it can be done.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.