Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biggest win of the year!! We just put ourselves in the tourney!!!

Started by BannerMountainMan, February 24, 2018, 07:13:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

daprospecta

Dr. Starcs

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

tomahawkhog

Go Hogs!

razorpimp

Great game for the Hogs and game plan by CMA!  Way to slow it down, grind it out, and not speed it up! 

Letsroll1200

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Capt. Hamm

sickboy

razorpimp

I give credit when it is deserved!!!  Mike earned it tonight

rude1

Didn't like the way this schedule shaped up in these last 3 games. But team put it all together tonight and got that big road win we needed. Great job of finally backing away from the press and just playing half court defense by CMA.

ishankem

razorpimp

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

BrooklynRoss

Getting hot at the right time. Nobody wants to see us in a tourney.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Knot2brite

I think they were in the tourney before but I think they may have improved their position
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hogginintheville

From Tusk Till Dawn

Hogz87

Most "experts" had Bama in as an 8-seed.  We just beat them on the road.  We're still an 8-seed at best, but this should at the very least solidify our position in the field of 68. 

A win over Auburn, though, since we won this game tonight, could get us off that dreaded 8/9 line and possibly get us up to a 7-seed.  If we win out, because it'd include a win over a top 15 team and a road win over another tournament quality team, then I don't see how we're not a 7-seed even if we're one-and-done in the SEC Tournament.

Letsroll1200

Let's just call him second half Mike. That's 37 straight wins when leading at the half.

JONAS

I still want to win one more to have a winning conference record.

alohawg

I thought I was in an alternate universe temporarily when Thomas drops in two huge free throws and then Macon short arms a one and one.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hogz87 on February 24, 2018, 07:19:35 pm
Most "experts" had Bama in as an 8-seed.  We just beat them on the road.  We're still an 8-seed at best, but this should at the very least solidify our position in the field of 68. 

A win over Auburn, though, since we won this game tonight, could get us off that dreaded 8/9 line and possibly get us up to a 7-seed.  If we win out, because it'd include a win over a top 15 team and a road win over another tournament quality team, then I don't see how we're not a 7-seed even if we're one-and-done in the SEC Tournament.

Yep. Solidified it. Good win over a team that had played very well at home. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jst01

Huge win. Major pressure to win one of these last few games and they did it against a good team in front of full house. Team ball today.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: razorpimp on February 24, 2018, 07:17:03 pm
I give credit when it is deserved!!!  Mike earned it tonight
You've criticized our coach and team too much. We don't want you or need you. Fair weather floozy

Hawg Red

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 24, 2018, 07:23:37 pm
You've criticized our coach and team too much. We don't want you or need you.

No one crowned you king of the Hog fans. Check yourself.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jst01

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 24, 2018, 07:24:54 pm

Right?? I was thinking "who is this dude, he sitting on the bench with the hogs or what?"

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: rude1 on February 24, 2018, 07:17:20 pm
Didn't like the way this schedule shaped up in these last 3 games. But team put it all together tonight and got that big road win we needed. Great job of finally backing away from the press and just playing half court defense by CMA.
Great win. Love those road wins, they're worth two home wins.
This is the third game where I've been surprised by the outcome.
A&M, not surprised at the win, but by the margin of victory.
KY, I was very confident we would win that game, losing by 15 was shocking.
Bama, had little confidence at all.

I think you're onto something. Less gambling, more straight-up defense worked well here.
I would have liked to have seen what happened playing UK like this, make them shoot perimeter shots more often.

johnfanman

Very good win for this team. Hopefully it is contagious and the Kentucky loss is a long gone memory.
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 24, 2018, 07:24:54 pm
I hate bandwagon and fair weather fans and I will call them out. You can't take that to the bank. If you don't like it, I don't care.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: ishankem on February 24, 2018, 07:17:27 pm
NCAA tourney bound, book it!!!!!
I think 'lock' is too strong right now.
Auburn and Mizzou(road) are two tough games remaining. It's possible we could lose two, and then what if we lose the first round SEC Tourney game.
Just too much basketball remaining, for a lot of teams.
Need to keep winning as many games as possible.
Beating Auburn, at home, would be huge.

jst01

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 24, 2018, 07:27:01 pm
I hate bandwagon and fair weather fans and I will call them out. You can't take that to the bank. If you don't like it, I don't care.

We won't take it to bank, trust that. You just come off mad and like an un-fun person

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: jst01 on February 24, 2018, 07:25:50 pm
Right?? I was thinking "who is this dude, he sitting on the bench with the hogs or what?"
I can't stand a fair weather coward. If you've criticized our coach, our team, or our fan base when things were going bad then get lost.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: jst01 on February 24, 2018, 07:29:58 pm
We won't take it to bank, trust that. You just come off mad and like an un-fun person
So you like band wagon fans that slam our coach and call him names when we lose? You like those same people that turn around and give the same coach credit after a big win. That tells me a lot about your lack of character.

LJHOG

Quote from: razorpimp on February 24, 2018, 07:15:22 pm
Great game for the Hogs and game plan by CMA!  Way to slow it down, grind it out, and not speed it up! 
Needed that win.  Game plan just fine.  Well until 3 minutes to go.  Then we acted like we had no clue how to close out a game.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 24, 2018, 07:27:01 pm
and nobody with sense cares about you....

On a positive note the hogs delivered on the road and against a good team. That win was the biggest win since early in the season. Great job by MA and players.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

CFB_Fanatic

The worst thing we can do is play ourselves onto the 8/9 line in the NCAA Tourney.

Better for us to lose down to a 10-12 seed or win up to better than an 8.

rude1

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 24, 2018, 07:30:01 pm
I can't stand a fair weather coward. If you've criticized our coach, our team, or our fan base when things were going bad then get lost.
Put the pipe down and slowly back away. When things are going bad, that is exactly when criticism should be given. This has been a frustrating season with a tourney bid hanging in the balance. If you want to be happy about a team that's on the bubble squandering opportunities to help itself, then go for it, but most aren't just happy with anything, they want to see a highly successful program. When the team does well you praise, when it does bad, you say it.

razorpimp

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 24, 2018, 07:30:01 pm

That's just a really stupid comment but whatever....I have never criticized the players not one time, but I have and will continue to criticize Mike when he does really stupid things.

So I guess you supported Pelphrey and Heath the entire time they were coaches and didn't want them gone?  You can be a fan and still dislike what you see...you idiot

Did you even graduate from the UofA?  I've given them lots of money and still support the Razorback Foundation even from New Orleans...that's a real fan you [CENSORED]

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 24, 2018, 07:32:22 pm
So you like band wagon fans that slam our coach and call him names when we lose? You like those same people that turn around and give the same coach credit after a big win. That tells me a lot about your lack of character.
So, when we're losing to teams we should beat we just need to be complacent and know things will turn around? You haven't been around sports fans much have you?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on February 24, 2018, 07:32:35 pm
and nobody with sense cares about you....

On a positive note the hogs delivered on the road and against a good team. That win was the biggest win since early in the season. Great job by MA and players.
I support the Razorbacks through and through. I'm sure the players, the players families, the coaches, the university, the athletic department, and any true fan cares about fans that don't jump ship as soon as we lose a game. I don't expect losers like you to understand that.

Razorod

Quote from: JONAS on February 24, 2018, 07:20:01 pm
I still want to win one more to have a winning conference record.
I'd like to see us get it Tuesday night. A little payback.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on February 24, 2018, 07:17:20 pm
Yep...what we've been asking for and on top of that our bench showed up scoring 26 allowing Gafford mainly to get some rest. When we brought Gafford back into the game around the 6 minute mark the game changed. Bama was tired. Seemed like their guards played the entire second half. Great game plan and 2 clutch FT's by Thomas. Great win.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on February 24, 2018, 07:35:28 pm
So, when we're losing to teams we should beat we just need to be complacent and know things will turn around? You haven't been around sports fans much have you?
No. I have enough common sense to let the season play out. 99% of sports teams lose to teams they should beat. If you don't know that you're a moronic idiot.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 24, 2018, 07:35:41 pm
I support the Razorbacks through and through. I'm sure the players, the players families, the coaches, the university, the athletic department, and any true fan cares about fans that don't jump ship as soon as we lose a game. I don't expect losers like you to understand that.
I don't think anyone in this thread "quit supporting the Razorbacks" as you claim, otherwise when apathy sets in that's when people "quit supporting the Razorbacks".  I've yet to see that here.