Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joakim Noah has told teammates he’s done with the Bulls

Started by drocktulsa, May 25, 2016, 03:31:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

drocktulsa

Hawg Red

I've read that the Bulls are targeting another big with their late lottery pick. Portis seemed to have a good rookie season when he got the minutes, but people that cover the Bulls say he has a long way to go and basically doesn't know how to play basketball. They say it's all effort/desire.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Scott7703

This is great news for the Bulls. Chicago invested WAY to much time and money in Noah, Gipson, ect and they were never able to get the team to the next level. Time to build around butler and gasol.

husker71

Noah is done being a 35 minute player.  I dont think you can build for the future with Rose or Gasol.  I would think Butler is the only high interest commodity they have.  Bill Simmons wanted the Celtics to trade Avery Bradley and the 3rd pick and the 23rd pick to the Bulls for Butler and the Bulls 14th pick in the draft.  Not going to happen but who will be the 3rd pick in the draft?? 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 25, 2016, 03:33:34 pm
I've read that the Bulls are targeting another big with their late lottery pick. Portis seemed to have a good rookie season when he got the minutes, but people that cover the Bulls say he has a long way to go and basically doesn't know how to play basketball. They say it's all effort/desire.

Has he learned nothing from a full year of playing basketball full time with no books to study and a professional network of coaches and position experts? Surely he will be better next year. I think he had a decent rookie year while learning on the fly.

Plus, Bobby couldn't just rely on talent and natural athleticism to cover for some the the deficiencies in his game like some. He will have to learn more of the nuances of the game to go along with the hustle and energy plays. Once teams got some film on him and schemed him more, his field goal % dropped about ten percent.

sickboy

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 25, 2016, 03:33:34 pm

I mean -- that's exactly what everyone has been saying about Joakim Noah his entire career.

3kgthog

So, the Bulls used a 1st round pick on a guy that doesn't know how to play basketball? Ok.