Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

And here's another weird one

Started by Biggus Piggus, May 24, 2016, 09:08:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2016/05/23/looking-forward-heres-what-the-offseason-holds-in-store-for-the-sec/

"8. Arkansas: Mike Anderson has talent on his roster. I do not trust Mike Anderson to be able to win with talent on his roster. Top four team on paper."

What the hell? Since when has MA ever had problems coaching a talented team?
[CENSORED]!

RealHog

Yeah that is weird, probably just a journalist pumping out an article with minimal research. Mike had his worst team and finished middle of the SEC. Is crazy in his All SEC prefictions it's two AR kids and a AR player: Allen, Monk, Kingsley

ArkansasI

Taken directly from the article:

"WAY-TOO-EARLY ALL-CONFERENCE PREDICTIONS

De'Aaron Fox, Kentucky (Player of the Year)
Malik Monk, Kentucky
KeVaughn Allen, Florida
Yante' Maten, Georgia
Moses Kingsley, Arkansas"

If that isn't enough to make you sick...

RealHog

Quote from: RealHog on May 24, 2016, 09:21:27 am
Yeah that is weird, probably just a journalist pumping out an article with minimal research. Mike had his worst team and finished middle of the SEC. Is crazy in his All SEC predictions it's two AR kids and a AR player: Allen, Monk, Kingsley

RealHog

Well we had our shot at being a big time program. Then we hired Heath and Pelphrey.

nwahogfan1

Should he be fired?    I say probable.  It would depend on some circumstances like injuries or something weird like that.

But with this SEC writer plcking Arkansas to finish 8th with our talent coming on this team is a real slap in the face to CMA and shows us how our BB leadership is viewed by some writers in the SEC.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 24, 2016, 09:08:56 am

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 24, 2016, 09:08:56 am
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2016/05/23/looking-forward-heres-what-the-offseason-holds-in-store-for-the-sec/

"8. Arkansas: Mike Anderson has talent on his roster. I do not trust Mike Anderson to be able to win with talent on his roster. Top four team on paper."

Would have to go back and look at this guy's blogs but maybe his impression was formed from the 10-11 Mizzou team.  Not that I am agreeing with him. 

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 24, 2016, 10:29:09 am
Should he be fired?    I say probable.  It would depend on some circumstances like injuries or something weird like that.

But with this SEC writer plcking Arkansas to finish 8th with our talent coming on this team is a real slap in the face to CMA and shows us how our BB leadership is viewed by some writers in the SEC.

Not an SEC writer.  He is a "national" college basketball blogger and internet writer.  In today's media, this is what passes as a writer.  He went to Vassar and then a DC area job and decided he wanted to write about college basketball and started a blog.   

He did say top 4 in the SEC talent. 

It has been interesting to see how many different 2-5's in the SEC have been predicted already. 

Another one of his opinion pieces mentioning Coach A:
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2016/05/18/looking-forward-which-coaches-will-enter-2016-17-on-the-hot-seat/

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

razorhead94

Quote from: ArkansasI on May 24, 2016, 09:30:54 am

Malik Monk, Kentucky
KeVaughn Allen, Florida
Yante' Maten, Georgia

Wow just realized the other names.  Yep, what could have been.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Biggus Piggus

This reporter got an economics degree from Vassar then became a sports blogger. Ought to tell you something.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

In his last 10 games this season, KeVaughn Allen had three good, two mediocre, and five bad offensive performances. Anointing him first-team all-SEC is premature. I mean, he did nothing to come close to Dusty Hannahs' performance. Nothing.

I like J.J. Frazier (Georgia), Tyler Davis (Texas A&M), Dusty Hannahs and Moses Kingsley (Good Guys), Jeff Roberson and Matthew Fisher-Davis (Vanderbilt), Sindarius Thornwell (South Carolina), Antonio Blakeney (LSU), Quinndary Weatherspoon (M-State), among the top returning players in the SEC.

Kentucky could have a couple to add, if they back out of the draft.
[CENSORED]!

gmarv

ya,ll sure he ain,t a hogville poster ???

azhog10

I actually took this as a positive. Mike has routinely out-performed what most thought the talent on his roster could do. Coaching kids up has never been a problem. His problem has always been assembling a talented roster. This guy thinks he has done that, that's all I needed to read. If he thinks we have the talent then I would suspect we may have a good season coming.

GuvHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on May 24, 2016, 10:44:54 am
Would have to go back and look at this guy's blogs but maybe his impression was formed from the 10-11 Mizzou team.  Not that I am agreeing with him. 

Not an SEC writer.  He is a "national" college basketball blogger and internet writer.  In today's media, this is what passes as a writer.  He went to Vassar and then a DC area job and decided he wanted to write about college basketball and started a blog.   

He did say top 4 in the SEC talent. 

It has been interesting to see how many different 2-5's in the SEC have been predicted already. 

Another one of his opinion pieces mentioning Coach A:
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2016/05/18/looking-forward-which-coaches-will-enter-2016-17-on-the-hot-seat/

I didn't see anything wrong with his comments about Mike in that "Hot Seat" article you posted. He's right about Mike being on the hot seat. Going to the NCAA Tournament only once in 5 years combined with a record like last years will cause that.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: GuvHog on May 24, 2016, 02:17:33 pm
I didn't see anything wrong with his comments about Mike in that "Hot Seat" article you posted. He's right about Mike being on the hot seat. Going to the NCAA Tournament only once in 5 years combined with a record like last years will cause that.

I didn't see anything wrong with that one either. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 24, 2016, 12:37:42 pm
In his last 10 games this season, KeVaughn Allen had three good, two mediocre, and five bad offensive performances. Anointing him first-team all-SEC is premature. I mean, he did nothing to come close to Dusty Hannahs' performance. Nothing.

I like J.J. Frazier (Georgia), Tyler Davis (Texas A&M), Dusty Hannahs and Moses Kingsley (Good Guys), Jeff Roberson and Matthew Fisher-Davis (Vanderbilt), Sindarius Thornwell (South Carolina), Antonio Blakeney (LSU), Quinndary Weatherspoon (M-State), among the top returning players in the SEC.

Yeah he is terrible, and because of that terribleness they made him all sec freshman! I am sure he just skated in there right above Jimmy Buckets.....sounds like sour grapes, I mean this was a horrible miss by this staff, period!

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 24, 2016, 12:37:42 pm

Biggus, there is more to basketball than just scoring. KeVaughn Allen is a superior defender to Dusty Hannah's. And KeVaughn is a bulldog type of basketball player. The fans, alumni and coaching staff would love to have KA

gmarv

seems to me the allen kid didn,t want to be a hog isn,t that right ? I don,t understand how hes a miss if he didn,t wanna play for our hogs.

HogBreath

Quote from: gmarv on May 24, 2016, 05:31:12 pm
seems to me the allen kid didn,t want to be a hog isn,t that right ? I don,t understand how hes a miss if he didn,t wanna play for our hogs.
It would be nice if you could get that comma/apostrophe thingy figured out.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HoopS

Quote from: HogBreath on May 24, 2016, 06:16:50 pm
PunctuationSmurf?

HogBreath

Quote from: HoopS on May 24, 2016, 08:51:39 pm
PunctuationSmurf?
A strong candidate for the really' really' bad Hogville screen names thread.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

lynbug

Malik Monk, Kentucky
[]KeVaughn Allen, Florida
Yante' Maten, Georgia

[/qu

I think as long as we continue to miss out on great in-state recruits, and have a revolving door for the players on the team......the press feels confident to predict that it's more likely that we finish lower rather than higher.  Maybe the incoming JUCOS will turn the tide.

HoopS

Quote from: HogBreath on May 24, 2016, 09:27:16 pm
A strong candidate for the really' really' bad Hogville screen names thread.
true statement.

gmarv

Quote from: HogBreath on May 24, 2016, 06:16:50 pm
if the arguments lost then lets attack the writing. yeah that will work.

GuvHog

Quote from: lynbug on May 24, 2016, 09:30:35 pm

Malik Monk, Kentucky
[]KeVaughn Allen, Florida
Yante' Maten, Georgia

I think as long as we continue to miss out on great in-state recruits, and have a revolving door for the players on the team......the press feels confident to predict that it's more likely that we finish lower rather than higher.  Maybe the incoming JUCOS will turn the tide.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Hogs can't continue to lose big time instate recruits if they want to win championships.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: GuvHog on May 25, 2016, 11:29:15 am

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Hogs can't continue to lose big time instate recruits if they want to win championships.

Looks like the instate recruiting tide has turned with Gaffords signing and Hill's commitments. Plus, we got Macon and we are in a good place with Ethan Henderson right now for 2018. I like where things are heading now. Also, we should have had Monk if not for the Big Blue screw machine.

ArkansasI

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 25, 2016, 12:54:37 pm
Looks like the instate recruiting tide has turned with Gaffords signing and Hill's commitments. Plus, we got Macon and we are in a good place with Ethan Henderson right now for 2018. I like where things are heading now. Also, we should have had Monk if not for the Big Blue screw machine.
This is where the good news is...  Mike did a nice job of bringing in a strong juco class this year.  Hopefully, it will be our springboard back to relevance.

Provided Gafford signs with the Hogs, the optimism should continue to grow.  I don't worry about Hill changing his mind unless his family moves from Arkansas.  The future seems bright.

I hate any mention of Monk.  His failure to sign with the Hogs, and his commitment to Kentucky, strikes the very chord of all that is wrong with college basketball and fan apathy.  Sad.  Really.

HogBreath

Quote from: gmarv on May 25, 2016, 06:46:43 am
if the arguments lost then lets attack the writing. yeah that will work.
Or if one is unable to compose a basic message, they probably don't know what they're talking about to begin with.

lefty08

Quote from: HogBreath on May 25, 2016, 03:56:20 pm
Or if one is unable to compose a basic message, they probably don't know what they're talking about to begin with.

Whats the point of using the correct punctuation if you don't use them correctly or use enough of them?

The tavern is that way ----------------》》》》》
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

gmarv

Quote from: HogBreath on May 25, 2016, 03:56:20 pm
yeah that's it your English teacher would be so proud. I,m done.

TheRazorback500

And Marcus.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

husker71

I want to see if Howland can turn Mississippi St around     

HogBreath

Quote from: gmarv on May 29, 2016, 07:16:00 am
yeah that's it your English teacher would be so proud. I,m done.
Please don't leave, I think we can help you!

GuvHog

There is absolutely no excuse for the staff not landing Monk. He isn't the first big time recruit that this stiff let slip right out from under their noses.

majestic

Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2016, 02:18:23 pm
There is absolutely no excuse for the staff not landing Monk. He isn't the first big time recruit that this stiff let slip right out from under their noses.
You are clueless.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

PonderinHog

GuvHog

Quote from: majestic on May 29, 2016, 02:19:18 pm
You are clueless.

No I'm not. The Hogs can't go on losing big time instate recruits like that and consistently compete for titles. I like that we're getting talented JUCO players but going too heavily to the JUCO route can really hurt a program. Stan Heath did that and he left Pel with a royal mess in his second year.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: husker71 on May 29, 2016, 02:13:09 pm

He already has. Haven't you seen a GOHOGS post?

majestic

Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2016, 02:24:33 pm
No I'm not. The Hogs can't go on losing big time instate recruits like that and consistently compete for titles. I like that we're getting talented JUCO players but going too heavily to the JUCO route can really hurt a program. Stan Heath did that and he left Pel with a royal mess in his second year.
Again, you are without a clue.  MM was never coming here. Ever.

GuvHog

Quote from: majestic on May 29, 2016, 02:41:39 pm
Again, you are without a clue.  MM was never coming here. Ever.

Again, it's unacceptable. If MM had been the only big time player from Arkansas that this staff had lost in the last 5 years I might not be so concerned but it's become a habit for this staff.

majestic

Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2016, 02:43:20 pm
Again, it's unacceptable. If MM had been the only big time player from Arkansas that this staff had lost in the last 5 years I might not be so concerned but it's become a habit for this staff.
Talk about them, then (whoever that would be). But we didn't "lose" MM. He was never coming here.

GuvHog

Quote from: majestic on May 29, 2016, 02:55:45 pm
Talk about them, then (whoever that would be). But we didn't "lose" MM. He was never coming here.

One is Kevaughn Allen, the other is the kid from Sylvan Hills (his name escapes me) Counting MM that's 3 in 5 years. losing big time players from out of state is not uncommon but losing 3 big time instate players in 5 years is not acceptable.

HoopS

Meh. Monk plans to play one season and bounce. I'll take our jucos. He and his brother can go rub shoulders with the Kentucky elites. I will take who we have.

And I love when someone shouts that it's "unacceptable!" What are you going to do about it?

And Goodwin was no loss.

Allen? Yep, wish we had him. But he wanted to be a Gator and that's his prerogative. If they don't want to be Hogs then we don't need them.

majestic

Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2016, 03:01:38 pm
One is Kevaughn Allen, the other is the kid from Sylvan Hills (his name escapes me) Counting MM that's 3 in 5 years. losing big time players from out of state is not uncommon but losing 3 big time instate players in 5 years is not acceptable.
So 2 in 5 years then. Because, like I said, MM was never coming to play here. You can't lose what you never had.

GuvHog

Quote from: majestic on May 29, 2016, 03:18:29 pm
So 2 in 5 years then. Because, like I said, MM was never coming to play here. You can't lose what you never had.

Excuses, Excuses. The Hogs still can't afford to lose in state players like those. It's hard enough to get big time players from out of state as it is. When they start losing some inside the state it makes matters even worse.

majestic

Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2016, 03:23:29 pm
Excuses, Excuses. The Hogs still can't afford to lose in state players like those. It's hard enough to get big time players from out of state as it is. When they start losing some inside the state it makes matters even worse.
I'm done with you.  You cock-up every thread in which you post.

PonderinHog

majestic

HogBreath

Quote from: husker71 on May 29, 2016, 02:13:09 pm
If our last game there was any indication, then he's for dang sure got it turned around.

GuvHog

Quote from: majestic on May 29, 2016, 03:33:25 pm
I'm done with you.  You cock-up every thread in which you post.

Typical. If you can't refute the post you resort to attacking the poster. Par for the course.