Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Found this quite funny

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, May 02, 2016, 12:27:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Jimmy Whitt to SMU. If Kapita gets eligible, they'll have taken 2/3 players of the 2015 class.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

RealHog

There so much Smoke around Kapita I'm surprised Larry Brown is risking that. Multiple sources reporting multiple professional contracts. I think he's stopped caring about if the NCAA thinks he cheats and is just going all out. Which NCAA has shown they are a joke so why not.

3kgthog

Quote from: RealHog on May 02, 2016, 12:34:49 pm
There so much Smoke around Kapita I'm surprised Larry Brown is risking that. Multiple sources reporting multiple professional contracts. I think he's stopped caring about if the NCAA thinks he cheats and is just going all out. Which NCAA has shown they are a joke so why not.

So, what was Mike's reasoning for chasing a guy that obviously had some kind of issue becoming eligible? It seems like Kapita was never even close to being ready to enroll here.

HoopS

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 02, 2016, 12:56:40 pm
So, what was Mike's reasoning for chasing a guy that obviously had some kind of issue becoming eligible? It seems like Kapita was never even close to being ready to enroll here.
he did not have the "obvious" issues when we went after him and filled a need. He was a risk. But at the time it was worth rolling the dice. Now it has become an even bigger risk and looks sketchy and this time around we didn't offer. Fool us once...  Now watch him get cleared by the NCAA. Even if he does, we did the right thing going a different direction.

King Kong

Grade issues was his only issue here. Now SMU will have to deal with the Grade issue in addition to proving that Kapita never agreed or negotiated contacts with France and/or Ameri Leauge

rude1

When you have trouble getting talented players to say yes, you are more prone to taking risks on a kid who is talented but but might have some requirement issues. Unfortunately for the staff he wasn't a back up plan, he was the only plan.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RealHog on May 02, 2016, 12:34:49 pm

Larry Brown never has worried about if the NCAA thinks he cheats.................................He knows they know he always has.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jry04

The contract issues came up AFTER we recruited him.

Hawg Red

The Kapita checklist:

1) Couldn't get paperwork from the Congo.

2) Allegedly was going to play pro ball in France.

3) Allegedly was going to play in Glendon Alexander's failure of an attempt at a league.

4) Claimed he wasn't eligible because of a test score and denied all claims that he was going to play professionally anywhere.

5) Still has not signed with SMU.

King Kong

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 02, 2016, 02:49:54 pm
The Kapita checklist:

1) Couldn't get paperwork from the Congo.

2) Allegedly was going to play pro ball in France.

3) Allegedly was going to play in Glendon Alexander's failure of an attempt at a league.

4) Claimed he wasn't eligible because of a test score and denied all claims that he was going to play professionally anywhere.

5) Still has not signed with SMU.

But, I hear his hip is great now

Hawg Red

Quote from: King Kong on May 02, 2016, 02:51:22 pm
But, I hear his hip is great now

Then there's that.

Ted Kapita was great in theory but won't be in actuality.

FineAsSwine

Kapita will be 28 years old before he is eligible, the way this saga is playing out.

RealHog

Have gone back and watched some Whitt from last year. Guy had some good things he could do. Fast up the court and rangy. Def IQ was inconsistent but many freshman are. On the O side of the ball that jumper was just so inconsistent and UGLY. Very quick off the dribble as a slasher but his pull up was never going to be something I want the game to depend on. Overall not a devastating loss and I don't ever see him being a All conference guy or anything. Was very surprised he bailed though, let's hope it was because he was scared of Barford and Macon.

hawgwileywyatt

I don't have much respect for the SMU program. The fact that Kapita is attached to it now makes the sketchiness seem so much more legitimate, both on SMU and Kapita's part. And now that Whitt has decided to transfer there I have lost respect for that kid.

MountieDawg

I bet they cannot sign Doobie
SEC!

nwahogfan1

I am not upset with Mike for signing Kapita even though he knew it was a very long shot he would ever hit campus. I was upset with him for not having a good back up plan. 2015 was a horrible recruiting year.