Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bumbling Bielema

Started by hawgon, September 14, 2017, 08:11:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 14, 2017, 09:04:28 pm
This.  Never heard of him.
Does that matter? If you've heard of someone or not doesn't mean his opinion is of value

jcbville

Quote from: factchecker on September 14, 2017, 08:41:49 pm
The question is this:

Does Beau Wilcox have a low post count..... we have to be careful.

jcbville

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 15, 2017, 06:02:34 am
In case you haven't noticed, the "hounds" have been running wild since last Saturday evening. Everyone has their opinion of what the problems are, few actually know. I'm not sure how people can sustain so much anger and still function day to day.

I'm not happy with what I witnessed on Saturday and I had a few choice words for that performance just like everyone else but all the ongoing whining, moaning and gnashing of teeth in the world isn't going to change things and we have no control over the situation. If folks want to criticize the product on the field that is o.k. Taking it to a more personal level is childish.

All we can do is wait and see what this staff does with the team when they face A&M. Question is, what if they come back and beat A&M? Is everyone going to just pass that off as luck? Next Saturday will be an interesting day, one way or the other.

Well said.

sowmonella

Quote from: hawgon on September 14, 2017, 08:47:56 pm
Someone who knows how to correctly asses a situation.

Spell check is your friend genius.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hawgon

hobhog

Ark Times hates sports. Gets too much attention over their beloved politics and teeth gnashing.......

MuskogeeHogFan

September 15, 2017, 05:44:09 pm #56 Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:56:27 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 15, 2017, 08:30:56 am
I think he meant 10 wins.. saw what you responded but doesn't answer his question.. Do you feel good about our chances of 10 wins "if the ball bounced just right" or even the 8+ you predicted, after what you saw last Saturday...

I answered his question, which was: Am I still predicting a 10 win season? Obviously, I never predicted that so I had to explain it again.

You want to know what I project going forward for the season? Geez, I know what is possible, I can't possibly say what even appears to be probable based on what I saw last Saturday. What I do know is that what we saw last weekend isn't what this team is capable of producing (from a potential standpoint) on offense. I was proud of the defense based on how far they have come and how well they played considering this was their first legit challenge in a new 3-4. I discount the last two TCU TD's to some extent based on the circumstances at the time.

What are we going to see on offense vs. A&M? It wouldn't surprise me if we played like a team who has their hair on fire and we kicked their butts big time.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the offense looks lost again and can't muster a lot of firepower for three quarters, leaving the defense on the field longer than they should be, and we lose in the 4th by two more scores when the defense isn't getting any help.

Neither would surprise me. I just don't know which Arkansas offense is going to show up...the one that should be at least slightly improved over last year, or the one that plays as they are capable of playing.
Go Hogs Go!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 15, 2017, 05:44:09 pm

What are we going to see on offense vs. A&M? It wouldn't surprise me if we played like a team who has their hair on fire and we kicked their butts big time.

We can only hope... it sure would go along way for the rest of the season.. verses another egg laid which might send us into a free fall... you hate to put to much emphasis on one game, especially this early in the season.. but...

farmhawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 15, 2017, 08:05:02 am
Well crap, I'm really confused.  Does he access the program, assess the program, or identify asses correctly?
Ass identifying is a skill....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: sowmonella on September 15, 2017, 09:52:05 am
Spell check is your friend genius.

would spell check have caught that?

hoglady

Nichols St gave A&M all they wanted most of the game.
They are a broken team right now playing without a serviceable QB for a lame duck coach.
Aggies should be easily put in the Win column but we may be a broken team, too.
So who knows.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Steef on September 15, 2017, 07:21:50 am
The aricle was written to be deliberately harsh. Unfortunately, it's factually accurate.

Essentially, everything good and healthy that progressed on our team during Bret's first three years, came to a screeching halt last year.

So in other words your mixing the cookie dough as you speak?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: farmhawg on September 15, 2017, 09:04:48 pm
Ass identifying is a skill....

Yes, it's something that can never be perfected; one must hone his skills for pretty much a lifetime.  And, for those of us that are married, it has to be done discretely.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

BigBrandonAllenFan

The Arkansas Times has always been and will ever remain to be a third rate liberally slanted toilet paper.

Biggus Piggus

In Arkansas, anything left of Attila is "liberally slanted."
[CENSORED]!

LZH

I'm not for calling out players at all, but otherwise he hit the bullseye dead on.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: LZH on September 16, 2017, 04:30:01 pm
I'm not for calling out players at all, but otherwise he hit the bullseye dead on.

He did, but it has been obvious for a couple years now to all but CBB apparently.  Should have been handled internally.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Jimbob111

I couldn't find anything wrong with the article or the author's assessment of Beliema or his staff. I guess he can see the same thing I do. The entire staff is inept.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 16, 2017, 04:18:29 pm

haha... I agree

lilredheadedlady

That nickname needs to stick:Bumbling Bielema.

Quick!  Someone photoshop his face on a bumblebee and animate it!
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

AirWarren

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 15, 2017, 03:04:16 am
I only had to see two words to stop reading "Arkansas Times".

Cheapest toilet paper in Arkansas.....the Arkansas times.

farmhawg

Quote from: AP85 on September 16, 2017, 11:44:21 pm
Cheapest toilet paper in Arkansas.....the Arkansas times.
You people are strange down south.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

AirWarren

Quote from: farmhawg on September 17, 2017, 08:33:00 am
You people are strange down south.....

And you hot tea drinking Yankees are much better?

root_hawg

What is the Arkansas Times, never heard of it and lived here my whole life.

AirWarren

Quote from: root_hawg on September 17, 2017, 08:45:03 am
What is the Arkansas Times, never heard of it and lived here my whole life.

It's a "paper" full of left wing extreme liberal garbage.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: AP85 on September 17, 2017, 08:48:01 am
It's a "paper" full of left wing extreme liberal garbage.

Haha, I wonder your political persuasion, bet your an "independent that doesn't vote for the party but the man" , right?...

bondhue

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 15, 2017, 06:02:34 am
I'm not sure how people can sustain so much anger and still function day to day.
I had to sign up for anger management, but this Buddy Rydell guy leading the class is driving me crazy.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

AirWarren

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 17, 2017, 08:53:47 am
Haha, I wonder your political persuasion, bet your an "independent that doesn't vote for the party but the man" , right?...

Conservative.

Cinco de Hogo

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 15, 2017, 08:25:05 am
Nothing he says is incorrect, but that doesn't excuse the fact that I've seen better writing and grammar on Hogville.  You could basically take parts from a dozen or so threads on here and come up with that column.

feeling a bit insecure there, slick?
The rest of the frog.

ballz2thewall

the earth is 6,000 year old, man......
The rest of the frog.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ballz2thewall on September 17, 2017, 09:43:27 am
the earth is 6,000 year old, man......

If your into that argument...man!  You probably think the Arkansas Times is the bomb.

Steef

In most major cities, Lenin is considered a Centrist.

;)

rickfahr

I do enjoy keyboard warriors hollerin' at each other while using fake names.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: rickfahr on September 17, 2017, 01:44:59 pm
I do enjoy keyboard warriors hollerin' at each other while using fake names.

Will shut up and listen then! 😉

rickfahr

Quote from: Seebs on September 14, 2017, 09:51:10 pm
Arkansas Times is the newspaper or record for the entire state of Arkansas and a majority of the mid-south. 

When I was a wee lad I would sit on my pappy's lap and have him read to be the latest run-on sentences and onomatopoeias from the Arkansas Times magazine. 

Lindsey Millar is by far the best editor in the Arkansas Times' history and can out editor Max Brantley with one eye tied behind his back. His weekly Public affairs podcast is borderline erotic. 

Beau Wilcox was plucked from the mean streets of Lonoke County after crushing it at a poetry slam at Pizza D'Action in Stiff Station.  While eating a Po' Boy at the neighboring Oyster Bar after his triumphant rendition of Beowulf, but recited in limerick form, Beau was approached by Lindsey who strutted in with a cane (which converts to a pool cue) and a 1950's hipster straw fedora with a yin-yang silk ribbon around the crown.

Lindsey told Beau, 'I like the cut of your jib .. how about you blog some sports stuff for perhaps the best free publication in lower heights area?  Beau, nonplussed, recanted 'What does this pay?' Lindsey chuckled ... 'it pays you in your dreams man .. you get paid in fulfilled dreams.'

Beau ate the final butt of his hoagie, leaned back in his chair and calmly said, 'Meeting you is my dream Lindsey . .I will work for free and I will do an amazing job. incidentally .. what are sports?' Lindsey, befuddled . .'; I am not sure - but write about it, and dream. '   

They embraced and exchanged information and left together in a blue Miata.

True story .. kinda.

Seems written by someone who got turned down for a job there.