Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How could YOU describe our football program and the direction it is going?

Started by Cresthog, January 03, 2007, 11:34:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cresthog

Alabama- Hires Nick Saban to take them back into the elite of college football's "Who 's Who."

LSU- Will remain a powerhouse because of the influx of in-state talent and overall program support.

South Carolina- Hired Steve Spurrier a few years ago, stepped up to the plate in order to win.

Florida- Got rid of Ron Zook and got a proven winner in Urban Meyer, not to mention another offensive genius.

Tennessee- Still has Phil and has declined but made the decision to bring Cuttclife back in order for to develop Ainge and plan for the future.

Ole Miss- Orgeron continues to bring in talent to Oxford despite not having a winning a season. One day that talent will have to develop.

Mississippi State- Continues to trust Croom. Has a decent recruiting class coming in. Should be competitive in the next year or two.

Kentucky- Probably has less talent than anyone in the SEC besides Vandy. Went to a bowl and is begining to build on that talent.

Vandy- Getting better year in and year out. Has an outstanding coach that knows the game very well.

Georgia- Has the best coach in the SEC in Mark Richt. Wonderful recruiting classes every year in Athens and has a young QB that will be an all american.

Auburn- Will continue to be competitive every year. Great recruiting, great tradition and a coach with balls.

After that being said what can you say about our football program? I look at the rest of the SEC and can tell who will be a player in the future and who will remain the same. LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, and now South Carolina are the program that are stepping up and doing whatever it takes to win. Ole Miss has been recruiting like crazy and one day it will pay off. So, what are we doing in order to be a successful program among some of the best across the nation and the SEC? Are we recruiting to top talent? Are we bringing in the correct coaching in order to develop that talent? How could YOU describe our football program and the direction it is going?

Chad In Real Life

Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

Tejano Jawg

Arkansas--Has the best football facilities in the SEC and the most beautiful college town in the south. Continues to recruit a small number of superior athletes who can bring us notoriety, win games on their own, and keep saving their coach's ass.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

BassinHawg

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

mudslog

How would I describe it?  Bend down here and let me fart in your face.... :puke:

uagrad1998

didnt Kentucky win their bowl game?  didnt Auburn win theirs? didnt LSU win theirs? SC win theirs?  Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes

Arkansas, Alabama, Tennesse, and I think GA all lost theirs

Before we know it: Miss St/Miss/Vandy will be bowling soon and Arkansas on the outside looking in and placing 5th or 6th in west if things dont change soon
DARKSIDER SINCE  2001 AND D#$N PROUD OF IT

[Spicoli has had a pizza delivered to class]
Mr. Hand: Am I hallucinating here? Just what in the hell do you think you're doing?
Jeff Spicoli: Learning about Cuba, and having some food.

Jeff Spicoli: No shirt, no shoes...
Jeff and Stoner Buds: No dice! Ohhhh.
Brad Hamilton: Right. Learn it. Know it. Live it.  Jeff Spicoli: He's the full hot orator.

wooo

HogEx_N_Tex

And how many undisputed NC's did Broyles bring us during his tenure?  Sheesh....what a brainwash job ol' Paw-Paw has done on the state, making us think he was as good as Darrell Royal or Bear Bryant.   Sure hope HDN doesn't plan on staying in the saddle as long as Broyles did.  Bowels move excrement from the top down folks.   The current staff is just the sphincter wildly expelling what its master intestine tells it too.

Quote from: turbo2000 on January 03, 2007, 11:35:36 pm
Stuck in the 1960s.

RazorRaider

How would I describe our football program?

It is in a handbasket.

What direction it is headed?

Hell.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

Hawgon

I say next year that we lose to Alabama, Auburn, LSU, South Carolina, and Tennessee (do we play Tennessee?).  We also play Ole Miss down there.  What have we won in Oxford, one game since we joined the SEC?

In short, next year is going to be an unmitigated disaster that should finally seal the deal on Nutt, but also put Arkansas football in the crapter for the next decade or so.

Chief Mac

Quote from: uagrad1998 on January 04, 2007, 01:48:25 am
didnt Kentucky win their bowl game?  didnt Auburn win theirs? didnt LSU win theirs? SC win theirs?  Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes

Arkansas, Alabama, Tennesse, and I think GA all lost theirs

Before we know it: Miss St/Miss/Vandy will be bowling soon and Arkansas on the outside looking in and placing 5th or 6th in west if things dont change soon

UGA won their bowl.

SEC is 5-3 currently in bowl games

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!