Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, November 05, 2017, 05:45:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RexMentor

Quote from: ballz2thewall on November 05, 2017, 08:00:43 am
my favorite line from wally this morning......

Someone must have told him that. Wally's never read Chaucer. The only thing Wally reads with any regularity are his birthday and fathers day cards.

Kevin

dykes was not thought of as good hire. it was laughed at in the women's basketball world
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: RexMentor on November 05, 2017, 08:07:15 am
Someone must have told him that. Wally's never ready Chaucer.

It was in the TV broadcast, was Wally even there???

nwahogfan1

Quote from: jst01 on November 05, 2017, 06:18:52 am
To be fair, all but Dykes and Smith were thought to be good hires at the time. Can't see the future, but Long's legacy here will be determined in less than 30 days
All of Long's coaching decisions except Dykes had good merits at the time for their being hired.   Dykes we just did not know.    Smith was an interim coach so should not even be mentioned as a hire and everyone thought this patch was a good one at the time.  Dykes was a bad hire because he had no track record so Long made a mistake here.  CBB hiring at the time seemed like a great hire.  We all thought that.  So lets all quit being so high and mighty as MONDAY MORNING QBs and admit it.   

I would wish we would get off the fire Long and let the man do his job. This is getting too childish and petty.  It is not Long's fault that CBB was not the coach WE all thought he would be.  Bielema is not a good fit at Arkansas so lets move on.  Long is a professional, well respected and will not get on any twitter account and get childish like so many of us are acting to defend himself. 

Now if Long does nothing or hires a coach you do not like then by all means challenge the man but lets wait and see what he does.  Let the man do his job. 

ballz2thewall

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 05, 2017, 07:21:51 am
I would hope the BOT would convene an emergency meeting this afternoon involving the Chancellor and tomorrow morning at a 9:00 A.M. presser announce the dawning of a new day in Arkansas sports in general and football in particular.

they meet on wednesday.
The rest of the frog.

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on November 05, 2017, 07:50:23 am
You also forgot:

Mike Larabee - Softball
Robert Pulliza - Volleyball

Both abject disasters.
Hahaha...we're all of sudden concerned about softball and volleyball.  There is more to being an AD than just hiring coaches.  CBB and Petrino were considered major coups at the time of hiring.  They didn't work out.

HoggyCat

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 05, 2017, 05:56:27 am
How do you know Long doesn't know it's over?  How do you know Long isn't talking to prospective new coaches every day?  How do you know Long doesn't have a plan in motion to hire someone soon after the end of the season?  My guess is he is doing what an AD should be and getting his ducks in a row so we don't end up with a situation like LSU.

How do you know Long is going to be here to and the call??
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: HardCore on November 05, 2017, 06:23:42 am
That's pretty telling.  Long MUST go.  If he is so highly touted as the Longlovers seem to indicate, he should have a new job in a day or two.

If the BOT renews his contract, it may be the worst decision since the Iran-Nuclear deal.  I just hope Asa is watching all of this and realizes the importance of those nominations and the repercussions of not vetting it out carefully.  There is more to life than just solving Trigonometric Substitutions and Laplace Transformations.

He wouldn't have been looked over by SEVERAL other institutions if he was that highly thought of. That's just an illusion of the Long sheeple. Michigan chose a former football player that was AD at UCONN...... a basketball school, over him. But then again, Long had worked at Michigan in the past, so they know him. Then there's Nebraska.... they made a hire out of left field (no pun intended) over him. So you gotta wonder who the coaches are that's tied to these ADs. We know Moos hired Leach at WSU, decent looking results. Michigan already has harbaugh. Jeffi's coaching tie..... LesS Miles.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HeathWimp

That’s pretty telling.  Long MUST go.  If he is so highly touted as the Longlovers seem to indicate, he should have a new job in a day or two.

If the BOT renews his contract, it may be the worst decision since the Iran-Nuclear deal.  I just hope Asa is watching all of this and realizes the importance of those nominations and the repercussions of not vetting it out carefully.  There is more to life than just solving Trigonometric Substitutions and Laplace Transformations.

Integration by trigonometric substitutions?
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

#1Fan

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 07:54:32 am
Here's the agenda;

https://www.uasys.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2017/11/2017-Nov-8-9-Board-Agenda.pdf
I won't have time to attend the meeting that day.  I have a private meeting with Trump to air some of my grievances.  But maybe could attend next month's BOT meeting.

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: #1Fan on November 05, 2017, 02:32:28 pm
I won't have time to attend the meeting that day.  I have a private meeting with Trump to air some of my grievances.  But maybe could attend next month's BOT meeting.

I don't believe that. Trump only meets with people that has more brains than him.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

porkrindjimmy

That's pretty telling.  Long MUST go.  If he is so highly touted as the Longlovers seem to indicate, he should have a new job in a day or two.

Dadgum engineers....

I was told there would be no math.

PRJ

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: harrisburghog on November 05, 2017, 06:05:25 am
How do we know Jeff Long doesn't know? Because it's Jeff Long.
Jeff Long is the definition of "riding a high horse". He has consistently positioned himself as one who cares about "more important" things like improving players GPA, making them leaders, ect.than winning games. Therefore, if you disagree with what he is doing you are on the low road of caring more about winning than players doing well grade wise, ect. This all ignores the obvious that nobody pays a coach $4 million dollars plus a year in order for them to primarily work on making players better students over winning football games. Jeff Long needs to go and take his song and dance routine with him.

HawgPilot

If the BOT renews his contract, it may be the worst decision since the Iran-Nuclear deal. I just hope Asa is watching all of this and realizes the importance of those nominations and the repercussions of not vetting it out carefully.  There is more to life than just solving Trigonometric Substitutions and Laplace Transformations.

Pretty sure he is currently visiting Japan and China trying to drum up business for the state right now...

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 05, 2017, 05:07:52 pm
I don't believe that. Trump only meets with people that has more brains than him.

Well then that would include all of us!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

grayhawg

Quote from: tusksincolorado on November 05, 2017, 09:31:13 pm
Well then that would include all of us!
;D    Most of us at least.

EastexHawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 05, 2017, 08:09:17 am
Now if Long does nothing or hires a coach you do not like then by all means challenge the man but lets wait and see what he does.  Let the man do his job. 

We have all observed Long "doing his job" for ten years.  The program can't endure another of his clueless hires.  "He thought it was a good idea" doesn't cut it.