Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

U S Open

Started by 71832, June 17, 2010, 02:50:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody know if their streaming the Open. If so please post a link.

gotyacovered

You are what you tolerate.

gotyacovered

they arent currently showing anything...

gotyacovered

i was wrong, westwood, eles and woods group is live...

http://www.usopen.com/en_US/console/console.html?ts=1276806988691&video=Marquee%20Group&syn=&db=false&ref=www.usopen.com/en_US/index.html&alt=

GolfingAndy

From the look of his swing early, if Tiger puts on the putting clinic he had in '00 its his tournament to lose.

Stating the obvious I know.

roundball

It's hard to wath Tiger play like this. I know it's not a terrible round, but he just can't read any putts. His ball striking was much better today though. If he can't keep striking good shots and get some putts to fall, I look for him to make a push tomorrow. Who knows what he'll do tomorrow though..

Hot_Town_Hog

Choi gets the gameball today...starting +3 thru 2, then going -4 on the next 16 was pretty impressive.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: roundball on June 17, 2010, 09:15:35 pm
It's hard to wath Tiger play like this. I know it's not a terrible round, but he just can't read any putts. His ball striking was much better today though. If he can't keep striking good shots and get some putts to fall, I look for him to make a push tomorrow. Who knows what he'll do tomorrow though..

Tiger's blaming the poa on his putting woes...like nobody else has to putt on those bumpy greens!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

gotyacovered

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on June 17, 2010, 10:16:26 pm
Choi gets the gameball today...starting +3 thru 2, then going -4 on the next 16 was pretty impressive.

that is solid

Boarcephus

Can't really put my finger on as to "why" but I've found myself pulling against him ever since that messy deal he's involved in.  Starting pulling for whoever he's up against him and it was never like that till recently.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

EastexHawg

Tiger just virtually shanked a very simple chip shot on #6.  The announcers on the live feed immediately started in with the "did he have a bad lie" stuff/excuses.

How freaking bad a lie can you get in grass that is mowed to 1/4 inch?

GolfingAndy

Not a bad lie, but even for the best it can be hard to pick it clean off that tight of a lie.

Anyone know why Justin Rose isn't in the field? He would've done great on this setup IMO.

gotyacovered

Quote from: GolfingAndy on June 18, 2010, 02:45:54 pm
Not a bad lie, but even for the best it can be hard to pick it clean off that tight of a lie.

Anyone know why Justin Rose isn't in the field? He would've done great on this setup IMO.

tiger isnt going to try and pick anything with a wedge, especially if it was a bad lie... i didnt even see it, but that isnt his style. did he miss the green?

userpick

Quote from: GolfingAndy on June 18, 2010, 02:45:54 pm

He tried to qualify the day after his win at jack's tournament, but was unsuccessful.

EastexHawg

June 18, 2010, 02:52:56 pm #15 Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 02:55:10 pm by EastexHawg
Quote from: gotyacovered on June 18, 2010, 02:48:05 pm
tiger isnt going to try and pick anything with a wedge, especially if it was a bad lie... i didnt even see it, but that isnt his style. did he miss the green?

No, but he hit it offline by a good 15 feet into the fringe right of the green and it trickled out to the left...coming up about 15-18 feet short.  He then missed the putt.

He was only about five yards off the front of the green and had a perfectly straightforward shot of at most 20 yards.

The conditions couldn't be any better for scoring right now.  It is overcast and there is no wind at all.  The greens are as receptive as they can possibly be.  Shots into them are holding well.

gotyacovered

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 18, 2010, 02:52:56 pm
No, but he hit it offline by a good 15 feet into the fringe right of the green and it trickled out to the left...coming up about 15-18 feet short.  He then missed the putt.

He was only about five yards off the front of the green and had a perfectly straightforward shot of at most 20 yards.

The conditions couldn't be any better for scoring right now.  It is overcast and there is no wind at all.  The greens are as receptive as they can possibly be.  Shots into them are holding well.

i saw his birdie on the par three, they still seem very receptive... three hops and it stopped rolling back a foot or so... his iron into 16 sat softly too...

clutch

Tiger looked like a completely different golfer today. Oh yeah and Dustin Johnson is unreal. Dude can bomb it.

john c

Mikelson needs to go on "What Not To Wear".  Decent threads would have to be worth a few strokes/round and surely he can afford whatever.  I mean white slacks, browny-tan shoes and BLACK socks.  Come on.  NO slacks that even approach being hip huggers.  Possibly consider one of those stretch underthings.  Logos shouldn't look like they were put on with a shotgun.  I say he should go to a visor cap and have that long hair highlighted.  Wrestler belt not a good look for Phil.

clutch

Whats everybody's predictions for tomorrow?

Hot_Town_Hog

Dustin Johnson will hold off the Tiger charge. Mickelson will play better, but it won't be enough. McDowell will shoot a couple over. Of course, this is eve before the final day of a major, so we will find out what Johnson and NcDowell are really made of tomorrow. Short answer, anything could happen, but I think DJ wins this time.

clutch

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on June 20, 2010, 12:05:09 am
Dustin Johnson will hold off the Tiger charge. Mickelson will play better, but it won't be enough. McDowell will shoot a couple over. Of course, this is eve before the final day of a major, so we will find out what Johnson and NcDowell are really made of tomorrow. Short answer, anything could happen, but I think DJ wins this time.

I do too. If he keeps hitting the ball the way he has been then I don't see Tiger having a chance. I don't think McDowell can hold it together. I think if it came down to it somehow between him and Tiger I think he would fold, but I think Johnson can hold it together. I think Phil pretty much blew any chance that he had today. Just don't see him overcoming a 7 stroke deficit at the US Open. Same goes for Els.

Hawgndaaz

No way an adulturer and person who swears can be in contention..

Hawgon

Actually, Mickleson might be in good spot.  Or someone else around where he is.  The leaders are going to be grinding out there and trying to hang around par.  If someone goes out and gets hot for a little bit and throws up a 65, he could pass them all.

Don't forget about Els either.  He is playing really well and is only one behind Woods.

kingofdequeen

Tiger is going to Chindee.

if you have to ask "what's chindee?"...punch yourself in the groin.

clutch

Quote from: Hawgon on June 20, 2010, 08:43:57 am
Actually, Mickleson might be in good spot.  Or someone else around where he is.  The leaders are going to be grinding out there and trying to hang around par.  If someone goes out and gets hot for a little bit and throws up a 65, he could pass them all.

Don't forget about Els either.  He is playing really well and is only one behind Woods.

Going to be hard to put up a 65 if those winds get to blowing 15mph like they are calling for.

clutch

Johnson is blowing up. Don't know what exactly he was thinking, but he hurt himself there.

clutch

Els is looking good right now.

Hot_Town_Hog

Johnson in complete meltdown.....Els looking very solid and Tigger still doesn't have it. Phil doesn't have the putter going. How about Havret with almost a 400 world ranking?

clutch

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on June 20, 2010, 05:26:42 pm
Johnson in complete meltdown.....Els looking very solid and Tigger still doesn't have it. Phil doesn't have the putter going. How about Havret with almost a 400 world ranking?

Els is looking the best so far, but him and Phil better turn it on now because I have the feeling that they won't wont to be within striking distance of Tiger when the he steps onto the back 9.