Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UNC has...

Started by TNhawgfan, March 03, 2018, 08:09:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TNhawgfan

2 fts to Duke's 14 and is up 8. Ban the refs, right?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Razorback_Mack

Duke's the home team??? What a shocker....

Dr. Starcs

Refs have no idea who to screw and ESPN has no idea who to cheer for.

HardCore

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 03, 2018, 08:09:41 pm

Interesting......who won that game?
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

raz1965

I like to watch Duke an UNC play, at least I know I will see one or the other go down in defeat. It's a shame these two teams have so many skilled players yet both have several losses, great players , decent coaches.

AlmaHog2011

Amazing stupidity on a Razorback message board. Must be sad you have nothing more to do than come  on this board when you can't possibly be a Hogfan. And  you have no idea how to watch a basketball game.

Just proves what I have always known some people can watch a game and talk basketball and even have played a little and have no idea what they are watching.

carolinahogger

Quote from: raz1965 on March 04, 2018, 09:15:10 am
I like to watch Duke an UNC play, at least I know I will see one or the other go down in defeat. It's a shame these two teams have so many skilled players yet both have several losses, great players , decent coaches.  *(emphasis mine)

lol.  Decent coaches?  The ridiculous stuff I read on this board sometimes boggles my mind.  3 National Championships for Williams and 5 for Krzyzewski. 

carolinahogger

In the game of basketball, slower and smaller players will often have to foul in order to contain bigger, faster players.  That's what was happening.  UNC didn't have the size or talent to hang with a young Duke team.  If you think that the job of the officials is to 'even out' the number of fouls called, then you need to study up on the game a bit.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: carolinahogger on March 04, 2018, 10:21:41 am
In the game of basketball, slower and smaller players will often have to foul in order to contain bigger, faster players.  That's what was happening.  UNC didn't have the size or talent to hang with a young Duke team.  If you think that the job of the officials is to 'even out' the number of fouls called, then you need to study up on the game a bit.
Then why did Duke foul more and shoot more free throws when the game was played @ Chapel Hill? Come on man, there is loads and loads of data that shows the visiting team is consistently called for more fouls. It's about where the game is played more than anything else.

raz1965

I would venture to say with similar talent as most schools have Williams and coach K would be lucky o have one national championship between them. Players make coaches an that's why I called them decent coaches, I personally believe they are no better than dozens of other coaches an chances are good coaches with lesser records are actually better nobody can argue the fact they are winners with great talent on the floor..

The real Hogules

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 03, 2018, 08:09:41 pm

I remember when we use to be good enough to beat our opponent and the officials, too....................
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

carolinahogger

Quote from: raz1965 on March 04, 2018, 01:33:44 pm
I would venture to say with similar talent as most schools have Williams and coach K would be lucky o have one national championship between them. Players make coaches an that's why I called them decent coaches, I personally believe they are no better than dozens of other coaches an chances are good coaches with lesser records are actually better nobody can argue the fact they are winners with great talent on the floor..

Players make coaches.  I agree.  Who recruits and signs the players?  Coaches.  Recruiting is a huge part of a successful college basketball program.  Wins and championships are the ultimate measure.  Name a few basketball coaches who are better than Krzyzewski and Williams.

By your theory Bielema may be a better coach than Saban.  After all, Saban only wins because he has great players, right? 

holeinthewall

UNC ranked 9th.  Will be the 6 seed in ACC tourney.

carolinahogger

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 04, 2018, 11:50:46 pm
UNC ranked 9th.  Will be the 6 seed in ACC tourney.

That was due to a string of tiebreakers among the four teams tied for third place with 11-7 conference records.  If they had beaten Duke in the last game of the regular season they would have been either the 2 or the 3 seed.