Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Army-Navy pregame on CBS Sports Network right now

Started by Tejano Jawg, December 09, 2017, 01:15:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

Really good stuff...great interviews and stories. Plus, snowing in Philadelphia, looks super cool. And you can see Houston Dale Nutt in action.

I was never into this game until one of my nephews went to West Point, and was on the marathon team. Since then I've been watching (went once, about 2008 or so), love all the pageantry.

So, Go Army. Beat Navy.

(Also, to be fair to all the vets in my family...I had one uncle in the Navy, who was on a mine sweeper during WWII. But the rest were Army, 7 of them, counting my dad in the Army-Air Force, which was what it was called in WWII.)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 09, 2017, 01:15:57 pm

(Also, to be fair to all the vets in my family...I had one uncle in the Navy, who was on a mine sweeper during WWII. But the rest were Army, 7 of them, counting my dad in the Army-Air Force, which was what it was called in WWII.)

I once worked with a guy who had been on a minesweeper in WWII. In a slow time, he related to me, in detail, the procedure for degaussing their vessel. After about 45 minutes of this, I was guilty of momentarily wishing the Japanese had used some wooden mines.

I had forgotten the game was today. I have turned it on. Thanks.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on December 09, 2017, 01:26:49 pm
I once worked with a guy who had been on a minesweeper in WWII. In a slow time, he related to me, in detail, the procedure for degaussing their vessel. After about 45 minutes of this, I was guilty of momentarily wishing the Japanese had used some wooden mines.

I had forgotten the game was today. I have turned it on. Thanks.

I was watching one WWII documentary and one navy guy said every ship in the fleet could be a mine sweeper, once.  ;)

Love this game and was so glad Army won it last year.  Made my day!    This is a bucket list deal for me.  Guarantee there will not be any players taking a knee today. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

TriHog

Bacons Rebellion

Army looks like Stormtroopers.
Quote from: TriHog on December 09, 2017, 02:27:02 pm
Go army!  Great drive. Like the jerseys too.

The Imperial Stormtrooper look.

Inhogswetrust

December 09, 2017, 03:58:48 pm #5 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:17:17 pm by Inhogswetrust
I worked for a West Point graduate one time and my Dad had been in the Navy. Dad trumps graduate. It has also been one of my bucket list games to attend some day.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Boarcephus

This is great!  Navy with a 47-48 yard FG to win it in nasty conditions. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boarcephus