Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The New AD is a done deal

Started by Porked Tongue, November 16, 2017, 05:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 20, 2017, 08:52:34 pm
Didn't know your personal opinion was in the rules. I just want to know the name the cryptic nostradamous posts from everyone claiming to have inside info is just old. I don't really know the guy, but I'm thinking someone gave him some bad info.

As for my contribution, i read a lot more than I post. If only others did the same.

Brotha....just stop.

Don't question them.

PRJ

The Hawg Marshal

People just don't have manners anymore.

dmaxfan

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 20, 2017, 08:54:56 pm
Brotha....just stop.

Don't question them.

PRJ

Im done seriously. I'll go back to more reading less posting 😂😁
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 06:38:23 pm
You want the thread to file bankruptcy?
Not sure why he wants 13 though. Just go Chapter 7 and make a clean break.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 20, 2017, 08:57:08 pm
Im done seriously. I'll go back to more reading less posting 😂😁

Don't quit posting.

I am just trying to help you out.

PRJ

hogblitz

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 20, 2017, 08:49:23 pm
You should have thought before you posted this....

Don't call out mods on the board.

I am telling you first hand, let it ride...this is not the mountain you wish to crawl up.

PRJ
PRJ...Do you believe what the supposed BOT member said in the article in the other thread?  He stated that there is no AD picked out and don't believe the rumors  concerning the AD. Says something about a search committee.   Then, states a week or so before Bielema is terminated.  Was hoping it would be sooner. 

WilsonHog

Quote from: PorcineSublime on November 20, 2017, 08:57:19 pm
Not sure why he wants 13 though. Just go Chapter 7 and make a clean break.

That was my thought. Screw a repayment plan.

HawgPound

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 20, 2017, 08:52:34 pm
Didn't know your personal opinion was in the rules. I just want to know the name the cryptic nostradamous posts from everyone claiming to have inside info is just old. I don't really know the guy, but I'm thinking someone gave him some bad info.

As for my contribution, i read a lot more than I post. If only others did the same.
It is a losing cause. Unless you agree with the hive mind of what the cryptic and often vague posts mean you are not contributing to the board.  :)

dmaxfan

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 20, 2017, 08:57:56 pm
Don't quit posting.

I am just trying to help you out.

PRJ

I understand and thanks. I enjoy the crap out of this on the deerstand. Probably had 20 deer walk past I never seen. 😂
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

PorkSoda

Quote from: hogblitz on November 20, 2017, 08:58:58 pm
PRJ...Do you believe what the supposed BOT member said in the article in the other thread?  He stated that there is no AD picked out and don't believe the rumors  concerning the AD. Says something about a search committee.   Then, states a week or so before Bielema is terminated.  Was hoping it would be sooner. 
why would it be sooner?  you hoping to hire one of the already unemployed coaches?  miles? nutt? mcelwain?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

WilsonHog

Quote from: HawgPound on November 20, 2017, 09:00:48 pm
It is a losing cause. Unless you agree with the hive mind of what the cryptic and often vague posts mean you are not contributing to the board.  :)

Or, you might take a more reasoned, adult approach. Maybe something along the lines of...

"Hey, PT. Thanks for the information. I've been around long enough to know these don't often happen exactly the way we think, but I appreciate the info anyway. If you feel like you can't share a name, that's cool. Maybe we'll know something soon."

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hogblitz on November 20, 2017, 08:58:58 pm

Bret will be gone a week from today.

Porked tongue gets good info...so I can't speak to that. If he heard that, I would suspect an AD will be hired sooner than later.

In my opinion, we will have a coach before the AD.

PRJ

hogblitz

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 20, 2017, 09:02:35 pm
why would it be sooner?  you hoping to hire one of the already unemployed coaches?  miles? nutt? mcelwain?
I don't know.  I just want him out ASAP!  Was hoping Friday or Saturday.  I do not guess it matters.

hog_fan

I expect it to be Saturday. Could see it going another few days especially if he has another job lined up which is a rumor.

Porked Tongue

The media is swarming the BOT members and personally I believe it's not the job or proper for member of BOT to make any statements regarding a "pending" personnel matter.

Pork Twain

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 20, 2017, 08:57:08 pm
Im done seriously. I'll go back to more reading less posting
Taking posting advice from me or PRJ is like taking Tweeting advice from Trump.  ;)
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 20, 2017, 09:33:29 pm
Taking posting advice from me or PRJ is like taking Tweeting advice from Trump.  ;)

Hey now.......

PRJ

hoofer

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 16, 2017, 05:21:26 pm
Likely announced as early as Monday.

Name won't be a stunner.

The OP has no clue. I just read all his prior posts, going back to when he stated JL would be around and get an extension, etc. He claims facts changed. If he believes that, he's not in the know at all. JL was on his way out for months before his firing. He knew it, BOT's knew it, hence why he went after Neb job, etc. If OP thinks he has sources, they are not sources who are getting trickle down info trying to act relevant.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: hoofer on November 20, 2017, 09:48:32 pm
The OP has no clue. I just read all his prior posts, going back to when he stated JL would be around and get an extension, etc. He claims facts changed. If he believes that, he's not in the know at all. JL was on his way out for months before his firing. He knew it, BOT's knew it, hence why he went after Neb job, etc. If OP thinks he has sources, they are not sources who are getting trickle down info trying to act relevant.
Thank you for your support.

I get no pay for being here and no bonus for being right or wrong.  Many know what I have brought and when.  Finding good info is tough and for sure being right is an "in the moment thing".  I'm not batting 1.000 but I bet I've batted .700 on what is a very difficult game.

On Long, they swung the votes.  Never thought I'd see it but it happened.

If you looked further, you'd find how early I claimed BB was gone.  But it's okay, I'm not out to win the Porked Pulitzer.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: hoofer on November 20, 2017, 09:48:32 pm
I don't know what the OP did or didn't know or what kind of info he may have, but I can tell you this, Long wasn't on his way out for months. That was a very recent development.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 09:00:16 pm
That was my thought. Screw a repayment plan.

He's taking the honorable way like mike Vick, given time he paid everyone back.  "They didn't stiff me so I'm not going to stiff them".

Put me in the camp that I really don't think it's Kevin Scanlon.  Guy has life by the horns right and really enjoying where he's at. 

HawgPound

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 09:04:52 pm
Or, you might take a more reasoned, adult approach. Maybe something along the lines of...

"Hey, PT. Thanks for the information. I've been around long enough to know these don't often happen exactly the way we think, but I appreciate the info anyway. If you feel like you can't share a name, that's cool. Maybe we'll know something soon."
I do not see how questioning a vague or unsourced statement makes it any less of an adult approach.

I was not specifically talking about the OP but the general consensus around here is if you do not believe the "sources" and just accept what is said without question you are some how a problem. I would hope the OP and all mods would appreciate someone not accepting every rumor as fact. I posted a link to a story about a BOT that said the exact opposite of OP hoping to get feedback or a conversation about it. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Oklahawg

It is a shame that anonymous message boards posts with credible information that has to be kept somewhat discreet (duh, for obvious reasons) and might still have some fluidity to it (duh, until it is public it ain't a done deal...then there is Dana Altman territory) gets bashed by anonymous message board posters who have paid exactly nada for the privilege of reading, writing, arguing, and (if that is even a possibility) having their fandom enhanced.

No, I don't think anyone getting bunched up about message board posts has much fandom capable of being enhanced.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

WilsonHog

Quote from: HawgPound on November 20, 2017, 10:05:56 pm
I do not see how questioning a vague or unsourced statement makes it any less of an adult approach.

I was not specifically talking about the OP but the general consensus around here is if you do not believe the "sources" and just accept what is said without question you are some how a problem. I would hope the OP and all mods would appreciate someone not accepting every rumor as fact. I posted a link to a story about a BOT that said the exact opposite of OP hoping to get feedback or a conversation about it. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Sure do. My first thought is that a "no comment" from a member of the BOT would be more productive at this juncture. My second thought is that, as I posted earlier today, there is a perfectly legitimate reason for not announcing the new AD immediately.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HawgPound on November 20, 2017, 10:05:56 pm

I can say right now, uequivocally, that if ANYONE is putting stock in what the posters on this board are saying about anything related to hirings or firings, I'd suggest you leave your wallets/purses out of it.   ;D

I've seen the guys everyone says are solid, based on their past results, be DEAD wrong.  I've also seen guys jump on the board with 9 total posts, put up what appears to be something out of left field, and have it NAILED.

It's like a badge of courage to say "I told you so" on Hogville.  I do much better at "I THOUGHT I was going to tell you so, but turned out I wasn't even close."   ;D 

"I agree that BB may fail here, and it will be because he doesn't get difference makers on offense.  I feel confident that if he doesn't, the next coach will at least inherent a team that is solid in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

I hit my thumb on that one.  Did NOT nail it.   8)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

hoofer

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 20, 2017, 09:57:45 pm
I don't know what the OP did or didn't know or what kind of info he may have, but I can tell you this, Long wasn't on his way out for months. That was a very recent development.

No it wasn't! He interviewed for the Nebraska job and didn't get it. The BOT's never wanted it to get to this and thought for sure he would get that job or another one before it came to firing. Saying otherwise is not true, I heard several BOT members say JL would be gone before CBB, and that was about 2 months ago when CBB's future was uncertain.

HawgPound

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 20, 2017, 10:11:34 pm
It is a shame that anonymous message boards posts with credible information that has to be kept somewhat discreet (duh, for obvious reasons) and might still have some fluidity to it (duh, until it is public it ain't a done deal...then there is Dana Altman territory) gets bashed by anonymous message board posters who have paid exactly nada for the privilege of reading, writing, arguing, and (if that is even a possibility) having their fandom enhanced.

No, I don't think anyone getting bunched up about message board posts has much fandom capable of being enhanced.
I'm not sure how to take that last sentence. I was not getting "bunched up" over anything really. I offered an off the cuff remark to a poster that was half heartily a joke (that is what the smiley was supposed to indicate).

That being said, are you saying that if people do not accept the information as fact they are not fans? Fans of who? The Arkansas program?

Anyway, I am going to let this go and move on. Probably going to go back into lurking mode and just check back every now and then after things calm down and the discussion turns back to football.

No matter who the AD turns out to be and the eventual new coach WPS! Good luck to you all.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hoofer on November 20, 2017, 10:23:30 pm
No it wasn't! He interviewed for the Nebraska job and didn't get it. The BOT's never wanted it to get to this and thought for sure he would get that job or another one before it came to firing. Saying otherwise is not true, I heard several BOT members say JL would be gone before CBB, and that was about 2 months ago when CBB's future was uncertain.

But you didn't share it with Hogville until now?  If SEVERAL BOT members told YOU this, then what was holding you back from getting your name engraved on the Hogville "I told you so" wall of fame?   ;)   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HawgPound on November 20, 2017, 10:51:49 pm
I'm not sure how to take that last sentence. I was not getting "bunched up" over anything really. I offered an off the cuff remark to a poster that was half heartily a joke (that is what the smiley was supposed to indicate).

That being said, are you saying that if people do not accept the information as fact they are not fans? Fans of who? The Arkansas program?

Anyway, I am going to let this go and move on. Probably going to go back into lurking mode and just check back every now and then after things calm down and the discussion turns back to football.

No matter who the AD turns out to be and the eventual new coach WPS! Good luck to you all.

Alma Sonic, FOI, Banners, Newspaper ads, STILL talking about HDN, and thickly veiled "insider information and sources" are what Hogville is built on.  Take that away, and you're just left with a foundation of sand.  We'd have nothing. 

Remember, no amount of drama on this board will EVER compare with what happened here in real life with the CBP incident.  Never, ever.  You can't even make stuff like that up!   ;)   

Hogvillage Idiot

"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on November 20, 2017, 11:08:35 pm
So who's AD of the day?

Not sure.  But according to Mike Irwin's sources, Scanlon is in, and he's also out.   ;D

Sorry Mike...I had to.   :P

mj4president

Quote from: mj4president on November 19, 2017, 08:28:51 pm
Gus to Arkansas
Bobby to Auburn

I'd like some props for being the first to break this to the board.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Kevin

Quote from: mj4president on November 22, 2017, 09:45:26 pm

We shall see
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ur

Quote from: mj4president on November 22, 2017, 09:45:26 pm

Ur
Unofficial Head Football Coaching Search / Re: Some new info....
« on: November 18, 2017, 09:37:11 am »
On a side note, if gus comes here, I could see auburn going after BP. With Steele staying at aub and bp having Stidham and those RBs, that will be one heck of a team, and a game when we play aub next year.

mj4president

Quote from: ur on November 22, 2017, 10:04:17 pm

Ur
Unofficial Head Football Coaching Search / Re: Some new info....
« on: November 18, 2017, 09:37:11 am »
On a side note, if gus comes here, I could see auburn going after BP. With Steele staying at aub and bp having Stidham and those RBs, that will be one heck of a team, and a game when we play aub next year.

"could"
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

CDBHawg

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 26, 2017, 09:36:57 am
This still a done deal?

Lol, maybe more so now than it's ever been!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2017, 05:40:45 pm
You got to give them credit for the coup, a few Central America countries could learn something here.
I believe the president of Panama was a University of Arkansas graduate

oldhawg

Quote from: elksnort on November 26, 2017, 09:43:25 am

Juan Carlos Varela graduated from Georgia Institute of Technology.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: elksnort on November 26, 2017, 09:43:25 am
Former president Ricardo Martinelli.  He spoke at commencement when I graduated in 2013.  Fwiw, I think he’s a bit preoccupied at the moment with legal issues.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

oldhawg

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on November 26, 2017, 09:53:26 am
Former president Ricardo Martinelli.  He spoke at commencement when I graduated in 2013.

Think he could be a good AD?  About as viable or available as some who have been suggested.

ricepig

Quote from: oldhawg on November 26, 2017, 09:55:31 am
Think he could be a good AD?  About as viable or available as some who have been suggested.

Last time I heard about him there was some embezzlement of bribery accusations, something like that. I think he's residing out of country, presently.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: oldhawg on November 26, 2017, 09:55:31 am
Probably not.  Pretty sure he was arrested over the summer and is awaiting extradition to Panama.  May put a kink in things.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

PORKULATOR

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 20, 2017, 10:21:42 pm
I can say right now, uequivocally, that if ANYONE is putting stock in what the posters on this board are saying about anything related to hirings or firings, I'd suggest you leave your wallets/purses out of it.   ;D

I've seen the guys everyone says are solid, based on their past results, be DEAD wrong.  I've also seen guys jump on the board with 9 total posts, put up what appears to be something out of left field, and have it NAILED.

It's like a badge of courage to say "I told you so" on Hogville.  I do much better at "I THOUGHT I was going to tell you so, but turned out I wasn't even close."   ;D 

"I agree that BB may fail here, and it will be because he doesn't get difference makers on offense.  I feel confident that if he doesn't, the next coach will at least inherent a team that is solid in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

I hit my thumb on that one.  Did NOT nail it.   8)
good post
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

elksnort

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on November 26, 2017, 09:53:26 am
Former president Ricardo Martinelli.  He spoke at commencement when I graduated in 2013.  Fwiw, I think he's a bit preoccupied at the moment with legal issues.
Thanks. I did not know if current president or not.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on November 26, 2017, 09:57:12 am
Last time I heard about him there was some embezzlement of bribery accusations, something like that. I think he's residing out of country, presently.
Maybe this is what's needed.

oldhawg

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on November 26, 2017, 09:57:48 am
Probably not.  Pretty sure he was arrested over the summer and is awaiting extradition to Panama.  May put a kink in things.

Severely.  Lived in Panama a few years in the 90's, just haven't kept up with my Panamanian history.

HawgPilot

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on November 26, 2017, 09:57:48 am

I thought that was his brother, although I could be wrong.

fakenews

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 26, 2017, 09:53:36 am
Yes sir.

Lol you are like calling one of those psychic hotlines where they tell you just enough vagueries to get you to buy it