Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I absolutely hate the horns

Started by island hog, September 28, 2017, 10:29:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

island hog

Even when they beat a crappy Cyclone team, I still despise everything about them. I wish they would lose every game on the last play.  I wish bad things would happen to them at all times.             Ok I feel a little better now

RebelliousHog

What the hell did they do?

I'd rather hate Auburn.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

VirginiaHog

Quote from: HenduHog on September 28, 2017, 10:37:59 pm

I'd rather hate Auburn.
They are Texas. Doesn't matter if they did anything.

SugarHillGaHog

Glad you feel better.  You've got it easy.  The county built a new high school a few years ago about 3000 feet from my house.  What is is their nickname?  Longhorns.  So now almost all of the cars have Longhorn decals on them and the kids knock on my door for support.  I hand the few bucks over and tell them to give their trinkets to the folks down the street.

island hog

My daughter's high school team plays another whose mascot is the longhorns. There are times I want to run out on the field and play against 'em. The horns have broken my heart so many times through the years in football... can't stand them at all. Whew, I'm starting to sweat

RebelliousHog

Dudes. We hardy ever play them anymore. We play Auburn every year and last year they beat us 100-3.

Any hate I got, it's for those sunsabitches.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HenduHog on September 28, 2017, 10:48:58 pm
Dudes. We hardy ever play them anymore. We play Auburn every year and last year they beat us 100-3.

It's a historical thing. I should be the last generation of my family that was raised to hate the Longhorns.

My son will never understand the hatred.
This is my non-signature signature.

island hog

I hear you but for any Hog fan my age, there is almost a primal level of revulsion that will never exist for another team like it is for the horns. 

RebelliousHog

I watched the Shoot-out in 69. I always respected Royal and never saw Texas as being the dicks Tamu was.

Danimal

I'm pretty good at multi-tasking..

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Danimal on September 28, 2017, 10:57:27 pm
I'm pretty good at multi-tasking..

Yep.  I was 11 in 1969 but it burned a memory in me.  However as I've aged it's migrated over to Auburn, Florida, Florida State and Notre Dame.  I now live in the SE where I have to deal with those fans daily.  Georgia fans aren't too bad.  Arrogant but not to the level of the above.  Bama folks just know what they have and don't rub it in.

pigture perfect

Actually, I hate any college team who wears orange. I don't know why that is.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigture perfect

Quote from: hogz11 on September 28, 2017, 11:27:39 pm
Haven't been in the SWC in 25 years and people are talking about Texas hate?

Must be some old coots thinking about the "good ole days."
if you weren't there, you have no idea. You ever have an Ex-wife? Texas is worse than that.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

RONBO

Yeah, I have some hate to sling their way, but over the years, it's slowly evolving to a grudging respect. People wonder why all this hate after all these years ?  You just had to have been there.  I do think the games in the mid to late 60s era gave us a big part of the strong foundation we have today.  Go Hogs! Beat Texas!

Inhogswetrust

Old barn are cheaters and all but their arrogance and ego doesn't even come close to that of the horns.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pigasaurus

Yeah, my kids will never understand the Texas despite. The closest I've felt in SEC was 2010 Bama game in Fayetteville or the Florida ref screwing.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Hoggish1

Quote from: HenduHog on September 28, 2017, 10:37:59 pm

I'd rather hate Auburn.

Exactly.  There are 11 teams we should hate first.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: hogz11 on September 28, 2017, 11:27:39 pm
Haven't been in the SWC in 25 years and people are talking about Texas hate?

Must be some old coots thinking about the "good ole days."

You young farts simply don't understand.

Redhogs

Prepare to hate them more, they actually had the balls to make a coaching change because , wait for it, they were tired of losing. Herman's a good coach, they are on their way back. 3-4 years they will be in the playoff. By the way, I hate Tx. too.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

WhenPigsFly

HighcountryHog

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on September 29, 2017, 07:16:56 am
You young farts simply don't understand.

My dad has finally quit all the, "In my day," and "Texas this. Texas that."  To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.  That time has come and gone my friend.  I still hate Texas though for other reasons.
no bumps, no fat chicks

Hogist

Sigh...now hogville is trying to dictate who I should and shouldn't hate...

longtimeHogfan

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 28, 2017, 10:53:16 pm
It's a historical thing. I should be the last generation of my family that was raised to hate the Longhorns.

Amen I was able to infect my Daughter with Hate for the Burnt Orange.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

IronHog

Why would anyone hate Auburn? 

Texas is all that's wrong with the 1st world 🤠
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Ex-Trumpet

There's plenty of hate to go around! 

If you don't understand the longhorn hate, then you kids need to stay off my lawn!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ChicoHog

I used to hate them and I still don't like them but I can tolerate them.  Now I really hate the Aggies, Auburn, Mississippi, Tennessee and have always hated Florida along with Oregon. Ohio st (as long as Urban Liar is coaching there) and USC. 

It would actually be good for us if the Longhorns get good again so many of the Texas recruits would go to Austin instead of College station.  We need the Aggies to be a doormat. 

311Hog

i will never give up my hate for the shorthorns.  Ever

Orange is not allowed in my house. 

The gap between my hatred for another team besides Texas has shortened over these past few years, but it is still pretty wide.  To be honest one of the only things sustaining me during our down period here is the fact that Texass is also down, and that we won the last game against them.

Hogs-n-Roses

Its the orange. Something bout that %^$#@ orange.

porkrindjimmy

If you weren't raised to hate Texass....spit....you can't call yourself a true Razorback fan. That stuff is ingrained in you from birth. Like in the DNA.

PRJ

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HighcountryHog on September 29, 2017, 07:44:21 am
My dad has finally quit all the, "In my day," and "Texas this. Texas that."  To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.  That time has come and gone my friend.  I still hate Texas though for other reasons.

Some day you will tell your grandkids...........In my day we hated___________. And they will think you are crazy.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on September 29, 2017, 09:56:47 am
Its the orange. Something bout that %^$#@ orange.

I honestly can't think of another color that is so stupid for a sports team. Any shade of orange as the main color is the worst. Th only thing that even comes close is some lighter shades of blue. Good grief they might as well only play Tiddly Winks.

oldhog63

Quote from: island hog on September 28, 2017, 10:29:55 pm
Even when they beat a crappy Cyclone team, I still despise everything about them. I wish they would lose every game on the last play.  I wish bad things would happen to them at all times.             Ok I feel a little better now
You must be an old timer, because I feel the same way. Doesn't matter what sport or contest. If I see they are losing a game as I am surfing through, I will stop and watch.

oldhog63

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 28, 2017, 10:53:16 pm

Mine two don't either.

oldhog63

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 28, 2017, 11:31:19 pm
if you weren't there, you have no idea. You ever have an Ex-wife? Texas is worse than that.
That's right, you had to be there. There wasn't just a Texas pep rally...it was TEXAS WEEK!! A whole week of pep rallies before the Texas game.

Ugly Uncle

My son is 11.  He already knows to hate Texas with a passion.

My daughters understand that it is completely unacceptable for them to marry, date, be friends with any boy from Texas that might be a long horn fan.

Some of you are failing at this parenting thing.
Retired Radio Host

longpig

Quote from: IronHog on September 29, 2017, 08:18:48 am

Why would anyone hate Auburn? 

Texas is all that's wrong with the 1st world 🤠

"Texans are weird" - Grandma

"What about Aunt Ethel, she lives in Texas"? - 5 year old me

"Well, since she moved to Texas she's gotten weird" - Grandma
Don't be scared, be smart.

phadedhawg

If you are an Arkansas Razorback fan, hating Texas, is what you do....

Of course it's just going thru the motions at this point.  I don't hate Texas.  There's no fun in caring about a program that's pretty much in the same boat as our's and we don't play them. 

I agree with the above posters who said they save their hate for SEC teams.

I think part of the problem is the days when Arkansas was good enough to get our hearts broken, it was mostly in the SWC and yes, Texas often messed that up for us.  Those days are over, Texas is in the same dumpster we are, if they ever got their act together, I'd probably hate 'em again.

IronHog

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 29, 2017, 11:32:56 am

Of course it's just going thru the motions at this point.  I don't hate Texas.  There's no fun in caring about a program that's pretty much in the same boat as our's and we don't play them. 

I think part of the problem is the days when Arkansas was good enough to get our hearts broken, it was mostly in the SWC and yes, Texas often messed that up for us.  Those days are over, Texas is in the same dumpster we are, if they ever got their act together, I'd probably hate 'em again.

SEC teams don't hate each other......even Bama and Barn really have a sibling rivalry

But Texas is Texas.  Burn it down and sow salt type hate.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 28, 2017, 11:08:45 pm
Actually, I hate any college team who wears orange. I don't know why that is.

This is a big problem for me as well.  When I had my colors done I found out as an autumn one of the colors that complements me is orange.  Well I refuse to buy or wear any orange do to the association with both UTs.  Sorry, my appearance can be subpar but I'm not putting that darn on.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 29, 2017, 11:32:56 am

Of course it's just going thru the motions at this point.  I don't hate Texas. There's no fun in caring about a program that's pretty much in the same boat as our's and we don't play them. 

Living in Texas, there's still more than enough reasons to hate the whorns.  Their fans are the absolute worst.

Aggies are getting to be just about as bad.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on September 29, 2017, 11:27:56 am
My son is 11.  He already knows to hate Texas with a passion.

My daughters understand that it is completely unacceptable for them to marry, date, be friends with any boy from Texas that might be a long horn fan.

Some of you are failing at this parenting thing.
Actually its a part of parenting101.My youngest child is 17 now and her older sisters taught it to her early in life.At 4 years old they all could sing the fight song. 7 ala matre and had been doing the inverted horns thing since before either of those. When my youngest was an infant, asleep, I configured her fingers that way pointing down and its a family heirloom.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 29, 2017, 11:57:51 am
This is a big problem for me as well.  When I had my colors done I found out as an autumn one of the colors that complements me is orange.  Well I refuse to buy or wear any orange do to the association with both UTs.  Sorry, my appearance can be subpar but I'm not putting that darn on.

The mere fact you had your colors done is reason enough for concern...

Ben

As much of a historical rival Texas is, Arkansas has only played them 5 times in the past 25 years. I get the hate for the older ones in here. The 22-56 alltime record, the mulitple years where title hopes were dashed by Texas, being on the losing end of the Game of the Century etc.  but that was so long ago. We have probably played tulsa and monroe more than Texas since being in the SEC. The ones to hate should be Auburn, LSU, and Ole Miss, though they dont feel the same about us.

I will say that i wouldn't have minded an annual Thanksgiving OOC game between Texas since our old TG rivals have each other. Missouri is just too manufactured
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

phadedhawg

Arkansas has had lots of teams we've hated but not sure we've ever been hated by anyone.  Even Texas would rather beat Oklahoma than us. 

Nobody in the SEC takes us serious enough to hate.  We had a brief rivalry with Kentucky in basketball in the 90s but UK would rather beat Louisville than us. 

If we wanted a true rivalry, though it would mean one team would almost always win, Arkansas State.  It wouldn't be an exciting match up but there's no one out there that is going to circle Arkansas on their schedule unless it's once in a decade teams that threaten to win 10 ten games.  ASU would always circle us on their calendar and I'm sure after being around their fans for a few years, we'd love to curb stomp them once a year.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 29, 2017, 09:12:47 am
I used to hate them and I still don't like them but I can tolerate them.  Now I really hate the Aggies, Auburn, Mississippi, Tennessee and have always hated Florida along with Oregon. Ohio st (as long as Urban Liar is coaching there) and USC. 

It would actually be good for us if the Longhorns get good again so many of the Texas recruits would go to Austin instead of College station.  We need the Aggies to be a doormat. 

Tolerate them?! Somebody slapped the wrong one in the delivery room you were born in. Obviously weren't raised right from the beginning.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 29, 2017, 09:12:47 am

I said it before, I'll say it again...THERE'S ENOUGH HATE TO GO AROUND!! :D

EastexHawg

Been10Hog

How old are you? Probably too young to have acquired the hate! That's why this  ::hornsdown:: is on here