Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Beard (Ole Miss lean)

Started by Snout team, March 18, 2018, 03:31:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

I have never been a "fire Mike" guy and I am still not.  As I have said in other threads when you are selling tickets like they did this year the seat is pretty cool.

With that said, if we could get Chris Beard, would you make the change?

I know he says he is home but 300k a year?  Really?

https://texastech.rivals.com/news/inside-tech-s-five-year-deal-with-chris-beard

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Snout team

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

GoHogs1091

Porter Moser and Chris Beard are 2 former UALR Head Coaches who are now in the Sweet 16.

Does anyone else find it odd that UALR was able to hire those apparent high-quality head basketball Coaches, and we got stuck with having to hire/decided to hire Heath, Pelphrey, and Anderson (Anderson has under achieved here)?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 18, 2018, 03:36:34 pm
Porter Moser and Chris Beard are 2 former UALR Head Coaches who are now in the Sweet 16.

Does anyone else find it odd that UALR was able to hire those apparent high-quality head basketball Coaches, and we got stuck with having to hire/decided to hire Heath, Pelphrey, and Anderson (Anderson has under achieved here)?

Specific circumstances dictated all 3 of those hires.  Last time we did a search without all of the bull darn was when Frank hired Nolan after Rollie backed out.  Wonder what it would be like to be able to search for the best coach we could hire and hire a coach just to do a job.  Not because of a lawsuit or because of off the court disaster leaving us poor choices or nostalgia we can't let go.  Just a coach to do a job.  Give them 4-5 seasons and if they can't, move on.  Not good ole dumb--- Arkansas though.  "I want an Arkansas man."  Heard this stupidity as recently as our last AD and football coaching hire. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 18, 2018, 03:43:06 pm
Specific circumstances dictated all 3 of those hires.  Last time we did a search without all of the bull darn was when Frank hired Nolan after Rollie backed out.  Wonder what it would be like to be able to search for the best coach we could hire and hire a coach just to do a job.  Not because of a lawsuit or because of off the court disaster leaving us poor choices or nostalgia we can't let go.  Just a coach to do a job.  Give them 4-5 seasons and if they can't, move on.  Not good ole dumb--- Arkansas though.  "I want an Arkansas man."  Heard this stupidity as recently as our last AD and football coaching hire. 

You are correct.  There has been garbage ancillary aspects associated with our last 3 head basketball Coach searches.

Then we get garbage/mediocre results from the head basketball Coaches we hired, and then all-of-the-sudden people wonder why the Coaches are underachieving.

They shouldn't have been hired to begin with, but garbage outside influences affected the hiring process, and the incorrect Coaches were hired.

Mr. Porkleone

We will continue to be mediocre while others will take winning seriously

daprospecta

When I saw Porter Moser's name, I looked up how well he has done since he left. He has one NCAA tourney appearance since 2000, that one is the one he is in now. 

hobhog

Quote from: #hammerdown on March 18, 2018, 03:34:03 pm
Never mind. He signed a new 6 year, 19 mil deal.  Talk about a nice raise.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22656343/texas-tech-signs-chris-beard-new-six-year-deal

Texas Tech found right guy at right time and will be force to be reckoned with for next several years. We just have to keep trying to find "that guy" if don't dance next year. And we won't.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hobhog on March 18, 2018, 06:01:59 pm
Texas Tech found right guy at right time and will be force to be reckoned with for next several years. We just have to keep trying to find "that guy" if don't dance next year. And we won't.

Beard took over a program that was already making the tournament under the previous coach. It makes a huge difference.

Not having to excise losing mindsets and building on previous success is a great starting point.

Snout team

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 18, 2018, 07:18:48 pm
Beard took over a program that was already making the tournament under the previous coach. It makes a huge difference.

Not having to excise losing mindsets and building on previous success is a great starting point.

True statement.  Of course, what he did at UALR..

HogBreath

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 18, 2018, 07:18:48 pm

Plus he can coach.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Breems

Quote from: hobhog on March 18, 2018, 06:01:59 pm
Texas Tech found right guy at right time and will be force to be reckoned with for next several years.

Did they?

Beard has had a great season. Kevin Ollie won a championship. Heath went to an Elite Eight.

Beard had Keenan Evans already in place. He doesn't have much coming in next year to replace him.

The flavor of the month isn't always the answer. The SEC cycled through those for 2 decades before they learned their lesson and started hiring proven winners. Now they're getting results.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HogBreath

Quote from: Breems on March 18, 2018, 08:00:49 pm
Did they?

Beard has had a great season. Kevin Ollie won a championship. Heath went to an Elite Eight.

Beard had Keenan Evans already in place. He doesn't have much coming in next year to replace him.

The flavor of the month isn't always the answer. The SEC cycled through those for 2 decades before they learned their lesson and started hiring proven winners. Now they're getting results.
Good point Breems, any other guys you can think of who went to an elite eight once but never got back again?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

maggiesue

When he beat Purdue in the tourney two years ago I said we should go get him...but at that point Mike had only been at Arkansas 5 years and had even made the tournament once!  It is all hard to understand, and the loyalist that still support Mike makes it all the more a headscratcher!