Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida Coming Up

Started by Fan701, January 14, 2018, 12:29:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fan701

Our last two home games we've averaged 59.5 points per game.  I'd guess we'll have to score at least 80 or so to beat Florida at Florida on Wednesday night.  Can our sputtering offense come back to life?

rzrbackramsfan

Man I hope so.  I don't think Arkansas has ever won at Florida, would be a great time to change that!

Arazorbackguy1

Hate to say it, but we lose by 30.  They are coming off a loss to Ole Miss and we still don't know our identity.  If MA can get the selfish play under control, maybe we keep it to 10, but even then Florida does too good of a job with penetration and Gafford will be in foul trouble early. 

Hope to hell im wrong. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 14, 2018, 12:38:21 pm
Man I hope so.  I don't think Arkansas has ever won at Florida, would be a great time to change that!

We have won at every SEC arena.

Arazorbackguy1

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 14, 2018, 12:38:46 pm
Hate to say it, but we lose by 30.  They are coming off a loss to Ole Miss and we still don't know our identity.  If MA can get the selfish play under control, maybe we keep it to 10, but even then Florida does too good of a job with penetration and Gafford will be in foul trouble early. 

Hope to hell im wrong.

Florida clearly has chinks in their armor when you look at some of their losses.  If they happened to be cold from three and were hot, we'll probably win. 

Would like to see CJ Jones light it it up again.

Fan701

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 14, 2018, 12:39:11 pm
We have won at every SEC arena.
I think it's been over 20 years since we won at Florida.  It concerns me that in SEC play the most points we've scored in regulation is 77 at Auburn, and the last two games our offense has been noticeably anemic. Sure the competition has been tougher, but it concerns me that even at home we averaged fewer than 60 points last week.

3kgthog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 14, 2018, 12:44:48 pm
Florida clearly has chinks in their armor when you look at some of their losses.  If they happened to be cold from three and were hot, we'll probably win. 

It's not very often teams are ice cold against us from 3-pt range for an entire game. Our defense is that bad and lazy.

I won't take UF by 30, but I'll comfortably take them by 15-20.

jjdlc

We are due for everything to come back together, every team has slumps, but the one we've been in has been terrible.  Maybe this is the game it clicks back in place.

Fan701

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 14, 2018, 12:47:32 pm
It's not very often teams are ice cold against us from 3-pt range for an entire game. Our defense is that bad and lazy.

I won't take UF by 30, but I'll comfortably take them by 15-20.
If we play the way we've played recently, you're probably right.  Can we hope for a big turnaround for our team?

Beaverfever

If the hogs are going to turn this season around this is where it needs to happen.  The next game is always the biggest game of the year but that's particularly true in this case. 

Atlhogfan1

Florida is in no way a must win.  Ole Miss is.  If we lose to Fl, UGa is important.  Winning at Florida would make up for the MSU or LSU loss. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Fan701

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 14, 2018, 12:58:13 pm
Florida is in no way a must win.  Ole Miss is.  If we lose to Fl, UGa is important.  Winning at Florida would make up for the MSU or LSU loss.
I'd say if our goal is to get back on track to challenge for the top of the conference in the regular season, then this would be a must-win.  If we fall further back in the pack in the SEC, we might still make the NCAA tournament, but with a lousy seed and a higher chance of an early exit.

GuvHog

To put it bluntly, If the Hogs play as well as they did for most of the first half against Missouri, they have a shot at winning. They have to play that way for the whole game though, not just for a half.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Fan701 on January 14, 2018, 01:07:38 pm
I'd say if our goal is to get back on track to challenge for the top of the conference in the regular season, then this would be a must-win.  If we fall further back in the pack in the SEC, we might still make the NCAA tournament, but with a lousy seed and a higher chance of an early exit.

I didn't know we were holding high expectations.  Sure, then all games are must win if we want to challenge for the top of the conference.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Fan701

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 14, 2018, 01:15:32 pm
I didn't know we were holding high expectations.  Sure, then all games are must win if we want to challenge for the top of the conference.
Well, yeah, I guess you're right!

hogfanny

Seems that most all the sec teams are having roller-coaster seasons so far so the potential for a blowout either way is a strong possibility. If we come out hot we could beat most any of them,but if we are cold and defensively lazy it will be hard to watch.

Breems

Maybe a road game will help us lighten up after being embarrassed and then scared on our home court.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

TNhawgfan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 14, 2018, 12:44:48 pm

The guy who can't throw one in the ocean at home during conference play, you want to see light it up at one of our toughest opponent's floor? Good luck with that
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

elksnort

Razorbacks won in Gainesville in the mid 90s.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 14, 2018, 01:32:54 pm
The guy who can't throw one in the ocean at home during conference play, you want to see light it up at one of our toughest opponent's floor? Good luck with that

Have you ever played basketball? Shooting comes and goes, he might make his first and then hit his next three.

elksnort

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 14, 2018, 12:58:13 pm
Exactly. This game was an L. Actually winning there would be like 2 wins.
Our team goes as our 3 point shooting goes.

incHOGnito

We beat them at Florida in Heath's last year if I remember correctly. Pretty sure Corliss and Co. won there once.

cardinalhawg

Florida is the only place in the SEC, Anderson has not won at as coach of the Razorbacks.  Besides North Carolina, this is the game I have wanted to see the Hogs win the most and break that losing streak there.  It could be one of those signature wins of the season and possibly jump start us like the road win against South Carolina last season.

The Hogs have not been as home dominant in recent seasons while still being good at home, but have countered that with better road play.  Lets close out these games well and make the free throws.

Fan701

Quote from: incHOGnito on January 14, 2018, 01:44:47 pm
We beat them at Florida in Heath's last year if I remember correctly. Pretty sure Corliss and Co. won there once.
Nope.  Last won @Florida February 1995.

raz1965

It will not be easy for the hogs to win at Florida, but the same can be said of ever team in the nation. If my memory serves me correctly the hogs have been  close in Gainsville but for a couple of questionable calls.

razorpimp

Only two ways Arkansas wins against Florida

1) shoots absolute lights out
2) don't play uptempo and an aggressive zone defense

Beaverfever

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 14, 2018, 01:15:32 pm
I had very high expectations for this team. The SEC is deep but not top heavy.  I thought the goal was to contend for the regular season championship and put ourselves in position for a 5 seed or better so that we'd have a realistic shot to make it to the second weekend.  For any of that to still be in play the hogs are gonna have to pull off some big wins.  Florida isnt ranked but a road win there would qualify as a big win.

rtr

Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2018, 01:24:53 pm
Maybe a road game will help us lighten up after being embarrassed and then scared on our home court.
SCREW FLORIDA
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

HogBreath

Quote from: raz1965 on January 14, 2018, 03:09:41 pm
It will not be easy for the hogs to win at Florida, but the same can be said of ever team in the nation.

If my memory serves me correctly the hogs have been  close in Gainsville BUT FOR A COUPLE OF QUESTIONABLE CALLS.
It's always those danged refs..ohhh..I hate those guys.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HogBreath on January 14, 2018, 04:27:59 pm
It's always those danged refs..ohhh..I hate those guys.
I remember football in 2009, ewwwww
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorbackchamps94

Fla will thump us, come home and beat Ole Miss and go back on road and Georgia will thump us ...

zebradynasty

Florida has good guards if we come out trying to press them full court or for long periods of time half court...it will be long night!

ADavisTheGOAT

Florida will beat us by 40.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hog.goblin

Florida wins by 18. 

We need to find a way to slow it down and keep it respectable.  Winning the remaining 4 games in January is possible and gets us back toward our goals for this season.

Davidr295

We will not win a road game this year, this game is at Florida so it will be a loss. Our best chance was at miss St, a team that couldn't shoot the ball into the ocean and we blew it.

razorback1829

Quote from: Davidr295 on January 14, 2018, 10:18:21 pm
We will not win a road game this year, this game is at Florida so it will be a loss. Our best chance was at miss St, a team that couldn't shoot the ball into the ocean and we blew it.

Yea we are just awful I tell you! How will we ever make it??! 😂😂 Yall are too funny.

Rawker

A fact that has been coming on for a couple of years, with the influx of new and very established coaches and better recruits, is simply this....every single SEC team is pretty dang good and - more so than ever - very much a potential loss, not just for Arkansas, but ANYONE in the nation.  Every team in the SEC could beat just about anyone.  I mean all you have to do is look at the example of Texas AM:  They frickin' stomped the #2 team in the nation, beat OKSt, won at USC handedly, barely lost to an almost elite AZ team....and they haven't been able to muster ONE WIN in the SEC, even at home.  Even though Arkansas' loss to MSST was due to sheer boneheadedness, which included not just the dramatically dumb turnovers near the end but more so the atrocious FT shooting (just 2 makes of which would have won it), the Weatherspoon kids are an absolute menace for anyone if they get hot, and even they, sitting near the bottom of the conference, would be a tough out if they were given the chance to play in the tourney.  Bottom line is, Arkansas is in the same boat as every other team in the league....they have to play absolutely lights out, shoot well, make FTs, and get a little lucky to win any game (like they did when that final Mizzou three went all the way into the cylinder and out), or hope the other team is playing their worst, which just ain't gonna happen against Arkansas.  Teams are generally not going to play as poor at home as the Hogs did against LSU, so this year I don't expect a road win for the Hogs.  They can hope to win the rest of their home games and MAYBE fall backwards into the tourney by virtue of a decent RPI, but they probably need at least ONE road win.  But this one at Florida ain't gonna be it.  The Hogs hate sneaky do-everything players like Koulechov, and he will kill them.

pigture perfect

It will be ugly. A slaughter even.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Peter Porker

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 14, 2018, 01:38:53 pm
Have you ever played basketball? Shooting comes and goes, he might make his first and then hit his next three.

???
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Davidr295 on January 14, 2018, 10:18:21 pm

We will win a road game. Probably 2. However it for sure won't be at FL

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Letsroll1200

Some of the shots that where falling early in the season is not falling right now. Arkansas has a good defensive and shooting night to be the Gators.

Breems

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 15, 2018, 07:58:38 am
Some none of the shots that where falling early in the season is not falling right now. Arkansas has a good defensive and shooting night to be the Gators.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Davidr295

Quote from: razorback1829 on January 14, 2018, 11:02:07 pm
Yea we are just awful I tell you! How will we ever make it??! 😂😂 Yall are too funny.

Never said we were awful, just being realistic. We are a terrible road team, so we will lose all the road games. Heck we are even having trouble to win at home now. How am I wrong?

riccoar

Quote from: Lanny on January 15, 2018, 07:15:43 am
Road game @ Florida = L
Kinda the way I see it too.  Even before this latest 3 peat.  Can't be down unless they just simply don't show up and get embarrassed.

razorpimp

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 15, 2018, 07:08:26 am
We will win a road game. Probably 2. However it for sure won't be at FL

I thought the two easiest road games would be @ MSU and LSU

We saw what each team has done to the Hogs

Paul

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 14, 2018, 08:15:12 pm
Florida has good guards if we come out trying to press them full court or for long periods of time half court...it will be long night!
you're right  chiozza will score half a hundred if we try to press him

razorpimp

I think Andeson should really change things up for Florida, it sounds crazy but it might throw FL off and get some guys going.  No press just a zone, feed the ball down low from top of key, then out to the wings for 3

Starters:
Macon
Jones
Hall
Gafford
Thompson

2nd unit
Beard
Barford
Bailey
Cook
Thomas

They have got to do something different because a small change like starting Hall just isn't cutting it