Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My theory about this season

Started by mike_the_geek, November 19, 2017, 07:25:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_the_geek

I think at some point maybe at beginning of season or after the first sec game drubbing (South Carolina) that Coach B was told he would not be retained at end of this season period,  or was given a 'win this many or leave town' ultimatum.

I know many in here wanted Jeff gone, but maybe just maybe he was going to do right by us fans and the UA, and was fired over stadium finances and other issues that we just don't know yet.

Once we were past the point of no return on the losses, i strongly suspect that Coach B through an agent has been actively looking for a new job and has one lined up.  I don't think the asst coaches or players know anything specific or it would have leaked already, but they're not stupid and I'm sure suspect something is up.

After the Mizzou game it will be announced that Coach B and the UA are parting ways, he goes to his new job, and our new coach is announced.

I don't have any sources for this, just crazy conjecture. It seems that Coach B was just going through the motions this season, and the team's performance on the field suffered dearly for it. We have enough talent to have finished 7-5 at least, but it's playing out like 4-8 most likely.  I'll hang up and listen! 

hawgon

Unless it is a job for an unarmed night security guard for some mall in BFE, Bert ain't got a job lined up.

mike_the_geek

Coach B experiment has not worked out here for a variety of reasons, and we need a new coach who can right the ship.  But I do think he would do better in an easier conference or at a school that doesn't expect to win much. Maybe he doesn't get a new job right away. But I feel strongly he was given walking papers weeks ago.

TNhawgfan

My theory is he made a horrible OL coach hire, didn't recruit enough quality OL, and he paid the price. When your line gets beat by coastal Carolina, you suck
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawgon on November 19, 2017, 07:27:33 am
Unless it is a job for an unarmed night security guard for some mall in BFE, Bert ain't got a job lined up.

I could see him going to Illinois.  You know, "going all the way home..."

Potosihog

His comment yesterday about "that's why you have contracts" says your wrong.  We are going to be paying a lot of money to two guys to have them not work for us any longer.

PorkRinds

I'll tell you this. The players and coaches absolutely know he's gone. I can say that with 100% certainty.

porkrindjimmy

Here is my theory.

Tito's vodka and Hurts donuts...

PRJ

tusksincolorado

Quote from: hawgon on November 19, 2017, 07:27:33 am
Unless it is a job for an unarmed night security guard for some mall in BFE, Bert ain’t got a job lined up.

Brett doesn't need a job....Arkansans have stuck 20+ million into his pockets.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Bebop

My theory is that he isn't a coach but has been staying at a Holiday Inn these past five years.

tusksincolorado

November 19, 2017, 10:31:00 am #10 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:05:32 pm by tusksincolorado
Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 19, 2017, 10:04:56 am

Nope that 20+ million in his pockets will be chewed up by Illinois taxes.

Boarme

Quote from: Bebop on November 19, 2017, 10:30:54 am
My theory is that he isn't a coach but has been staying at a Holiday Inn these past five years.
Well that is where he screwed up.  It is supposed to be a Holiday Inn Express.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: tusksincolorado on November 19, 2017, 10:28:20 am
Brett doesn't need a job....Arkansans have stuck 20+ million into his pockets.

plus another 10mm as he walks out the door.

my personal theory is that bert was never a great coach but found himself in a great situation at Wisconsin in a big 10 that was down. so everything he thought  that he knew about coaching and recruiting and game management was really more about circumstance. it would have been easy for an idiot like jeff long to mistake bert's good fortune as skill. that is how you win 11 sec games in 5 years with the 14th largest budget in all of college football.

i call it the how to p*ss away 30 million dollars theory.

SemperFi

My theory, Bret Bielema is a fraud; Jeff long got canned because he allowed it to happen. I'm sick and tired of the excuses.

The 4th down call yesterday was absolutely stupid. There's rolling the dice and then there's stupid and we witnessed absolute stupid.

Will not accept injuries as an excuse. It's part of the game.

The 2017 season was a work in progress and started the day that Bielema arrived on campus.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

tusksincolorado

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 19, 2017, 10:37:00 am
plus another 10mm as he walks out the door.

my personal theory is that bert was never a great coach but found himself in a great situation at Wisconsin in a big 10 that was down. so everything he thought  that he knew about coaching and recruiting and game management was really more about circumstance. it would have been easy for an idiot like jeff long to mistake bert's good fortune as skill. that is how you win 11 sec games in 5 years with the 14th largest budget in all of college football.

i call it the how to p*ss away 30 million dollars theory.

Poor Jen...

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: mike_the_geek on November 19, 2017, 07:25:15 am
I think at some point maybe at beginning of season or after the first sec game drubbing (South Carolina) that Coach B was told he would not be retained at end of this season period,  or was given a 'win this many or leave town' ultimatum.

I know many in here wanted Jeff gone, but maybe just maybe he was going to do right by us fans and the UA, and was fired over stadium finances and other issues that we just don't know yet.

Once we were past the point of no return on the losses, i strongly suspect that Coach B through an agent has been actively looking for a new job and has one lined up.  I don't think the asst coaches or players know anything specific or it would have leaked already, but they're not stupid and I'm sure suspect something is up.

After the Mizzou game it will be announced that Coach B and the UA are parting ways, he goes to his new job, and our new coach is announced.

I don't have any sources for this, just crazy conjecture. It seems that Coach B was just going through the motions this season, and the team's performance on the field suffered dearly for it. We have enough talent to have finished 7-5 at least, but it's playing out like 4-8 most likely.  I'll hang up and listen!
You are late to the party, bud. I said here over a month ago that Bielema was informed immediately after the SC game that he was done unless he had an instant turnaround, which he did not have. At the same time, I said he would be fired the evening or next day after the Mizzou game. 1-7 in SEC to bookend his 0-8 first year at Arkansas. Nice pay for that production, right? I would not be shocked in the least if it is announced today or tomorrow that BB is fired. As for him going to his new job, he will not be starting a new job. No one would hire 11-29 in conference play. At least not any program in P5 conferences.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HogBreath

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 19, 2017, 10:04:56 am
Isn't he from Iowa?
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Bebop

Quote from: Boarme on November 19, 2017, 10:34:37 am
Well that is where he screwed up.  It is supposed to be a Holiday Inn Express.

Yep, it explains the sub-par results. If he had stayed at an Express, he might have been able to etch out a mediocre record as a non-coach and possibly been in a commercial.

Where you sleep at, it matters. ;D

tusksincolorado

Quote from: SemperFi on November 19, 2017, 10:39:39 am
My theory, Bret Bielema is a fraud; Jeff long got canned because he allowed it to happen. I'm sick and tired of the excuses.

The 4th down call yesterday was absolutely stupid. There's rolling the dice and then there's stupid and we witnessed absolute stupid.

Will not accept injuries as an excuse. It's part of the game.

The 2017 season was a work in progress and started the day that Bielema arrived on campus.

I have to argue that point....Brett has great game. Just look at his beautiful young wife.

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: tusksincolorado on November 19, 2017, 10:58:35 am

I have to argue that point....Brett has great game. Just look at his beautiful young wife.

$$$$$

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Bebop on November 19, 2017, 10:57:32 am
Yep, it explains the sub-par results. If he had stayed at an Express, he might have been able to etch out a mediocre record as a non-coach and possibly been in a commercial.

Where you sleep at, it matters. ;D

With Brett it's all about the free breakfast bar!

tusksincolorado

SemperFi

Quote from: tusksincolorado on November 19, 2017, 10:58:35 am

You win and Bret definitely has game...lol!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

jcbville

Quote from: TNhawgfan on November 19, 2017, 07:51:12 am
My theory is he made a horrible OL coach hire, didn't recruit enough quality OL, and he paid the price. When your line gets beat by coastal Carolina, you suck