Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Name$ have been named in FBI probe

Started by 3kgthog, February 23, 2018, 05:27:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Drop the Mike

Would Cal be the first coach to vacate wins from 3 different programs?

jm

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 23, 2018, 08:51:00 am
I read through it. There are some 5 digit figures on a few names, but its mostly free meals, hotels, and flights.

Its laughable that the FBI is investigating college hoops scandals.

They don't care about the basketball, it is the overt tax evasion, fraud, and racketeering that gets their attention.

NinoHogUNIA

Quote from: sunalmighty79 on February 23, 2018, 06:46:30 am
Wow. Atleast Mike hasn't compromised the program. Duke though???

They've been doing this back since the Corey Magatte(spelling) days. 
BIE

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on February 23, 2018, 07:47:35 am
Wait till the dominoes start falling. Folks start squealing.
yea just look no further than the kid that flipped from us to Mistake U.  Rumor is $300K

GoshenHog

Quote from: Drop the Mike on February 23, 2018, 09:55:00 am
Head over to rupprafters if you want to see some irony! Coach cal is clean, nothing to see here! But let's still throw the book at Duke, Louisville and Kansas! It's been a wonderful morning watching the kentucky denials!!

Lol, the latest article lists Bam Adebayo.  I guess KY Fan thinks they stopped paying players after last season:
https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

hogsanity

Quote from: GoshenHog on February 23, 2018, 03:10:54 pm
Lol, the latest article lists Bam Adebayo.  I guess KY Fan thinks they stopped paying players after last season:
https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

Where did any of the documents say any school has been paying any player? This is agents paying players to try to entice them to sign with them after college, or a shoe guy trying to get players to go to one of the dozens of schools wearing his shoes.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GoshenHog

Semantics, I used a poor choice of words.  My point should have been that the article implicates KY every bit as much as it does KU, Louisville, Duke, etc.  Those who want to believe Cal is squeaky are welcome to it, but history shows that smoke is always fire for him.

rude1

Quote from: hogsanity on February 23, 2018, 04:01:23 pm
Where did any of the documents say any school has been paying any player? This is agents paying players to try to entice them to sign with them after college, or a shoe guy trying to get players to go to one of the dozens of schools wearing his shoes.
Doesn't matter, if the University's didn't know they should have, institutional control is what we are talking about. Plausible denial helps, but still you are suppose to know what is going on in your program, and you "should" be held responsible for it. I am sure the NCAA hates this, with some of their favorite programs involved. With the world looking, it will be hard to give everyone a NC treatment.

mykidsdad

Quote from: hogsanity on February 23, 2018, 04:01:23 pm

You are either extremely stupid, or intentionally obtuse. Agents send players to schools with coaches that help steer players to agents after they graduate. Shoe companies send players to schools that wear their gear. The coaches choose the shoe company, so if I want your school to wear my gear, I can help you get the best players for your team.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 23, 2018, 12:47:38 pm
Cal is cleaner than a virgin's honeypot.

(bonus points if you get the reference)
My parents honeymooned at a place down in Zihuatanejo. Owner was a Randall Stephens. Liked to take his guests out charter fishing on some old boat he'd fixed up new

Dark Helmet Hog

All those schools should go down flames but I doubt it ever happens. The NCAA doesn't have the fortitude or courage to do it.

hogsanity

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 23, 2018, 06:05:57 pm
You are either extremely stupid, or intentionally obtuse. Agents send players to schools with coaches that help steer players to agents after they graduate. Shoe companies send players to schools that wear their gear. The coaches choose the shoe company, so if I want your school to wear my gear, I can help you get the best players for your team.

If someone accuses you of a crime, would you want to be convicted because the jury THOUGHT you might have done it, or would you think the prosecution should have to prove you did it?

I asked where in the reports is the proof that any school paid players? There is none at this point. It could come out later but right now there is not any PROOF.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

husker71

I don't see anything aimed at the schools yet

Mike Irwin

Several of these players either met with an agent or let an agent buy them dinner. Alabama freshman guard  Collin Sexton is one of those players. He was suspended for one game back in November for "breaking a team rule" right after the FBI arrests took place.

The word is the school knew about his involvement with an agent, suspended him and then reinstated him after the NCAA said he was good to play.

Sounds like the schools that could be in trouble or those where the players got loans or cash money.

liljo

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 23, 2018, 11:07:42 am
I've never seen a razorback fan claim he was clean.

Calipari? Dirty? Who'd of thunk it? ;)
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.