Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 16, 2024, 08:24:09 am

Smart TV

Started by Sho Nuff, November 28, 2016, 07:16:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sho Nuff

I bought my father a smart tv on Black Friday.  It came preloaded with a few apps, but not the Watch ESPN app.  Is there a way that I can put that app on his TV?  Thanks

Sho Nuff

I bought my father a smart tv on Black Friday.  It came preloaded with a few apps, but not the Watch ESPN app.  Is there a way that I can put that app on his TV?  Thanks

PonderinHog

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how%20to%20download%20watch%20espn%20app%20on%20samsung%20smart%20tv

JIHawg

I assume he has wifi, buy something like Chromecast (around 30 bucks) at Best Buy or Wal Mart among others.  It's a little box that hooks into your tv by HDMI cable.  Easy to set up and he's in business.

Danny J

Depends on your smart tv...I have 4 HD tv's in my home with the two main ones being smart tv's...one LG and one Vizio and neither have the watchespn app. So I went and bought 3 Roku's and an Apple and LOVE them. I love the new Roku Ultra for my 4K HDR TV. The picture quality is awesome.

OP...you can buy a Roku Ultra for around $95 shipping included on Ebay. All you need is a good wifi connection. My Wifi is around 25mb through AT&T U-verse but when setting it up through the watchespn app be sure to select your cable provider and not your internet provider that way you can watch the SEC network plus games on watchespn.

Sho Nuff

10yrsofhell

Forget about the smart tv. They never update their apps. And they don't offer as many apps. You can get a Roku Streaming Stick for about $40. That's all you'll need.
"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."
― George Orwell, 1984
"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."
― George Orwell, 1984

BASSNHAWG

Not if it's a Samsung. I have the same problem with my brand new 65 inch KS8000. It can't be downloaded to it. I've tried and failed. You can Google the problem. >:(

RzRbAcK18

Hardcore Hoggy

I bought one of the Roku 32" tvs for my bathroom , it works great, didn't come with the watchespn app, had to download it.

HawgWild

Can't you cast directly to a smart TV from a phone/tablet app without having to use Chromecast? That's what I do with my Sony TV.