Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyway we can just reassign coach B?

Started by bigpigpimpin, November 23, 2017, 06:46:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

To another position in the university? It hasn't worked out for him here as a coach, but he is a good man, and an asset to the university. Today, on Thanksgiving, he was out visiting the fan at the hospital that collapsed at the game last saturday. The man coded twice but they got him back. He's doing much better. But Coach taking time out of his day on Thanksgiving is truly #uncommon

100%Razorback

Hogman2

As a fund raiser? Sorry, he wants to coach! 

bighogdaddy

farmhawg

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 23, 2017, 06:46:35 pm
To another position in the university? It hasn't worked out for him here as a coach, but he is a good man, and an asset to the university. Today, on Thanksgiving, he was out visiting the fan at the hospital that collapsed at the game last saturday. The man coded twice but they got him back. He's doing much better. But Coach taking time out of his day on Thanksgiving is truly #uncommon
Destroyed our football program but you love him. Figures.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: farmhawg on November 23, 2017, 06:52:54 pm

It was already destroyed.  He simply failed in his attempt to fix it.  I'm disappointed that he couldn't get it done as I really like the man.

seasonhog

To another position in the university? It hasn't worked out for him here as a coach, but he is a good man, and an asset to the university.
\

Are you talking about the coach who a few years back was cursing over the intercom at his Red & White game..........with small children in the stand........

Good man........................????????

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on November 23, 2017, 06:55:55 pm
It was already destroyed.  He simply failed in his attempt to fix it.  I'm disappointed that he couldn't get it done as I really like the man.
+1, if you dont like CBB, thank Petrino...

farmhawg

Best coach we have had is arguably petrino, worst is Brett.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

SquidBilly

What about the rest of the people Bret brought here to work with him,; assistant coaches, strength coaches, support staff, etc.  Do we just reassign all of them too?  Most of them are good people too.  Or do we only reassign Bret and leave the rest of them to fend for themselves?

seasonhog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 23, 2017, 07:40:59 pm
So you are a bad person if you curse? God bless you if you are perfect. Some of the most honest, genuine people I have ever met, people that will give you the shirt off their back, I've heard them curse on a regular basis.

Young children............stop with this good man stuff...

hogcards

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on November 23, 2017, 06:55:55 pm

Petrino ran it off the rails. Bret set it on fire.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

seasonhog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 23, 2017, 07:48:33 pm
Glad you've never made a mistake there biggun. Hopefully you will reach sainthood sood.

I have made many misstate in my life.....when I had a foul mouth......around children.... I was not a good man.......I have since grown out of that habit...

HawgWyld

moses_007

This is my third time to answer this.  His contract clearly states he is Head Football Coach for the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.  He cannot be reassigned, shoved off in a corner somewhere, stripped of his title, etc.  It would be a violation of his contract if the POT did anything like that.

ricepig

He'll be working next year somewhere, helping our buyout.

moses_007

Quote from: ricepig on November 23, 2017, 07:59:45 pm
I doubt he needs to.  By the time he gets all of our buyout, he will have made around $20 million here.  We paid out $20 mil for virtually nothing.

ricepig

Quote from: moses_007 on November 23, 2017, 08:03:55 pm
I doubt he needs to.  By the time he gets all of our buyout, he will have made around $20 million here.  We paid out $20 mil for virtually nothing.

Did I say he needs to?

wildhogman

Quote from: farmhawg on November 23, 2017, 07:36:21 pm
Best coach we have had is arguably petrino, worst is Brett.
no argument to it,, Bret may not be good, but Booby is NOT the best by a far cry

Hawg Life

Quote from: ricepig on November 23, 2017, 07:59:45 pm

Probably Illinois.

snoblind

Hawg Life

Quote from: wildhogman on November 23, 2017, 08:06:42 pm
no argument to it,, Bret may not be good, but Booby is NOT the best by a far cry

I'm very biased, but I'd say Kenny Hatfield followed by Holtz.

ricepig

clutch

Quote from: farmhawg on November 23, 2017, 06:52:54 pm

He didn't destroy our football program, he failed at his job. Big difference. Hugh Freeze may have destroyed Ole Miss, Art Briles did destroy Baylor, Bret just didn't win games. Nothing that a year or two with a fresh start can't fix.

That doesn't make him a bad man or unlikable. I've worked with a lot of coaches that didn't succeed at a certain place they were at. It wasn't because they didn't try, or they weren't good, it's just that some places weren't a good fit for them. I think Bret is a genuinely good guy. At least he has been on the occasions that I've gotten to meet him. It could have been a front he was putting on, but I've heard too many others say the same thing. He seems to have tried to build the program up in a way that would make men out of the players and for some reason his methods just didn't work here.

Charlie Strong is a good example of a situation not working out. He did great at Louisville, and is succeeding at USF, but he failed miserably at Texas. He tried to go in and completely change the culture there and it just didn't work out for him.

longpig

Make him the personal assistant to that mysterious little old man hanging out on our sidelines.
Don't be scared, be smart.

hogginbama

Quote from: hogcards on November 23, 2017, 07:48:25 pm
Petrino ran it off the rails. Bret set it on fire.

That would have been JLS that set it on fire. Many folks said he walked into a mess behind the scenes and on the recruiting trail that would take years to fix. There are many schools out there who wanted nothing to do with a Razorback coach being on their campus while Petrino was here. Those relationships have been mended for the most part. While he didn't win enough for the majority of folks on here, as someone pointed in another thread, in the past 3 years, his win total is separated from Gus's by 2 game each year with lower ranking classes. He has apparently fixed the issues behind the scenes, has a good base of players set for the next few years. The next coach will be walking into a situation similar to 1998 with players that know where to be, when to be there and won't be a total embarrassment to the university. I find it funny that the same folks who are/were willing to give the BB team 6+ yrs to turn it around (which is easier to turn since it only takes 2-3 good players) are not willing to give a FB coach the same pass. When the next guy comes in and struggles in year 5 you will have your pitch forks out again and it will repeat itself. Until folks realize it takes time to build a system to compete with the big-boys (regardless of coach), Arkansas will continue this cycle. Sure, there may be the occasional 2 year run like Petrino had, but it will never be sustained.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Nickle-Pig

Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

husker71

the worst thing we could do for the new coach is let the old one hang around.  don't know where people think we should offer him some job here.  He will be happy to take the money and walk away IMHO.  Well maybe not happy but he will take the money and walk away.

212hawg

Quote from: hogginbama on November 24, 2017, 12:06:58 am
That would have been JLS that set it on fire. Many folks said he walked into a mess behind the scenes and on the recruiting trail that would take years to fix. There are many schools out there who wanted nothing to do with a Razorback coach being on their campus while Petrino was here. Those relationships have been mended for the most part. While he didn't win enough for the majority of folks on here, as someone pointed in another thread, in the past 3 years, his win total is separated from Gus's by 2 game each year with lower ranking classes. He has apparently fixed the issues behind the scenes, has a good base of players set for the next few years. The next coach will be walking into a situation similar to 1998 with players that know where to be, when to be there and won't be a total embarrassment to the university. I find it funny that the same folks who are/were willing to give the BB team 6+ yrs to turn it around (which is easier to turn since it only takes 2-3 good players) are not willing to give a FB coach the same pass. When the next guy comes in and struggles in year 5 you will have your pitch forks out again and it will repeat itself. Until folks realize it takes time to build a system to compete with the big-boys (regardless of coach), Arkansas will continue this cycle. Sure, there may be the occasional 2 year run like Petrino had, but it will never be sustained.

I feel like people tend to forget that Petrino was also helped by having Mallett transfer in.  No Mallett, and I think Petrino's record is much, much different.

RebelliousHog

I'm not sure what his plans are, but if he and Jen like the area (who wouldn't, except for the traffic) I could see him working for ESPN or some other network and staying there. Stranger things have happened.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci