Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DL dee liner coming to ASTATE from BAMA!

Started by DeltaBoy, April 07, 2015, 10:50:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seminole Indian

April 08, 2015, 07:44:16 am #1 Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:14:55 am by Seminole Indian
Their coaches, and fans seem excited to have him, and he should be is a great fit for what they are trying to do (be fast and aggressive). Maybe not as big, and physically strong as his teammates playing inside for Alabama, but very quick, and very aggressive.

Improving the inside DL is job # one for a team that their DC said  "at the end of the year we couldn't stop a hard charging marching band." .

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1532399.html

Think there are some other 'star' players that would like to join him, if they have a spot for them.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

DeltaBoy

Yep Tribe could not stop LA TECH and others from running between the Tackles all night last year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Seminole Indian

They did not play tech and better be glad they did not face that 'hard charging marching band'. 

In the  2nd half of the season they may very well have been the worse DL in D1 (FCS and FBS) college football. Can't imagine there were any worse.

Not the players fault, because most had no business every being put in that situation( had a walk-on OL, and a 234lb DE playing inside). They gave it all they had, they just did not have a lot to give.

Those watching practice say this years DL may be the strength of the team.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Dropkick

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Dropkick on April 08, 2015, 10:07:54 am
Why did he leave Bama? Playing time?
That is the consensus.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/02/alabamas-dee-liner-released-from-scholarship-to-pursue-transfer/

Sabin was ticked he lost his RS year by playing in one series in the one game his freshman year.

"I hate this rule," Saban said Oct 24, 2013. "If a guy plays in one play in one game, you cannot redshirt him. It has to be total abstinence from playing the whole season. I wish they'd make a rule where a player could play, like for a medical (redshirt), if you play in less than half of the games in the first half of the season, you can still get your year back. ... I wish they'd do the same thing for freshman."

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/02/dee_liner_transfer_alabama.html

Dropkick

DeltaBoy