Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Twitter Comedy

Started by WooPig90, January 09, 2014, 10:17:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on January 12, 2014, 07:15:10 am

I forgive your lack of knowledge of SBC football, because I'm surprised how little most here know about their own program. Again nothing in the description of being a 'fan' requires you to know anything about what you are a fan of.

I'm always surprised at how little you know about anything, yet, it doesn't stop you from typing away.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on January 10, 2014, 10:36:23 am
8-5 beats 3-9 every time in my book.  That doesn't matter if it's pee wee football or the NFL.
Probably the most ignorant comment I have read in months.

KaysFieldTouchdown

Quote from: Ben Swine on January 12, 2014, 10:14:06 am
Probably the most ignorant comment I have read in months.

I think he meant the overall direction of the program, 8-5 is better than 3-9.

BTW- I met Ben Stein one time at an Arkansas/Mississippi State game, back in like 98'. I've never heard anybody else mention seeing him there though but I was too young, at the time, to be inebriated. So, I dunno.

HoggyCat

Quote from: GolfNut57 on January 12, 2014, 06:30:53 am
What are you talking about? Hardin didn't steal the hook em sign from TX and change it to the Wolf signal. That hand gesture happened as soon as the mascot was changed from the Indians. If it was copied from anyone it would be the NC St. Wolfpack.

Bull$hit. He did that at his press conference. He even explained it.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: GolfNut57 on January 12, 2014, 06:35:30 am
Can you name another school in the country that's called the Red Wolves? What, if anything, does ASU use that is razorback related?

http://www.iueredwolves.com/SIDHelp/m.php

And like I said above. When the 200 people on one side of the field says "ARKANSAS STATE", and the other 17 on the other side say "PUPPIES"...... #Ripoff

Lysol

The Sun Belt is the worst conference in FBS. And the margin between them and the 2nd-worst MAC will continue to grow as the the C-USA keeps stealing the top Sun Belt programs. I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years the SBC is entirely comprised of recent FCS programs.... and ASU

HoggyCat

Quote from: Lysol on January 12, 2014, 10:56:13 am
The Sun Belt is the worst conference in FBS. And the margin between them and the 2nd-worst MAC will continue to grow as the the C-USA keeps stealing the top Sun Belt programs. I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years the SBC is entirely comprised of recent FCS programs.... and ASU

Pretty much already is. Along with the two remaining LA schools.

Seminole Indian

January 12, 2014, 11:45:45 am #157 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:15:05 pm by Seminole Indian
Opinions vary, so again looking at the Massey Composite ratings they finished 2013 rated ahead of the MAC and CUSA:
http://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

I think the days of the SBC being the worse FBS Conference is over, but the only thing that was important to ASU was could they win and go to a bowl each year as an SBC team.

As far as adding FCS, I'm sure they would prefer not to keep calling them up, but most people would agree that a far as football,adding App. State and Georgia Southern, was better for the strength of the conference that the FBS additions (New Mexico State and Idaho).

Again the  bottom line is ASU is in a Conference that they can win in, they have the best players, and may very well again have the best coaches.

Know ASU fans are excited by the fact that their most talented players this year, for the most part, were Sophomores and Freshmen, but what is more exciting is the next group is just as, if not more talented, so the best is yet to come.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

HoggyCat

Quote from: Seminole Indian on January 12, 2014, 11:45:45 am
Opinions vary, so again looking at the Massey Composite ratings they finished 2013 rated ahead of the MAC and CUSA:

I think the days of the SBC being the worse FBS Conference is over, but the only thing that was important to ASU was could they win and go to a bowl each year as an SBC team.

As far as adding FCS, I'm sure they would prefer not keep calling them up to but most people would agree that a far as football,adding App. State and Georgia Southern, was better for the strength of the conference that the FBS additions (New Mexico State and Idaho).

Again the  bottom line is ASU is in a Conference that they can win in, they have the best players, and may very well again have the best coaches.

Know ASU fans were blown away by the talents of their Sophomores and Freshmen that played this year, but what they don't know is the next group is just as, if not more talented, so the best is yet to come.

Keep telling yourself that. If it were true, the teams would stay there. As soon as ULL and ULM get an opportunity, they're gone. And theirs will come way before asuj's. 

Seminole Indian

January 12, 2014, 11:59:25 am #159 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:27:53 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: HoggyCat on January 12, 2014, 11:50:58 am
Keep telling yourself that. If it were true, the teams would stay there. As soon as ULL and ULM get an opportunity, they're gone. And theirs will come way before asuj's.
My bad, I thought you were talking about the strength of the conferences.

No doubt the other G5 Conferences are more prestigious, have more bowl contracted, and better TV deals, but most expect that to change and other than the than maybe the AAC, to be a wash.

Still, most people agree that unless you are in a P5, the only way to grow your program going forward, and  your revenue streams, is to win, and ASU has positioned themselves  to do that. I fully expect them to be one of the more recognizable and successful G5 programs.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GolfNut57

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 12, 2014, 10:27:35 am
Bull$hit. He did that at his press conference. He even explained it.

No. That hand signal was being used long before Harsin ever set foot on the ASU campus. Learn WTH you are talking about if you are going to insist on making lame efforts to bash ASU.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

FIU and FAU were top Sunbelt programs? Wow, some of you are so totally clueless about the Sunbelt that you sound like brainless idiots when you try to bash ASU.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 12, 2014, 11:50:58 am

Keep telling yourself that.

Hooch

Quote from: GolfNut57 on January 11, 2014, 09:26:29 pm
You can't be serious. You know damn well that ASU had close to 15,000 fans at the GD bowl regardless of how many tickets they sold through the school itself. Just because Red Wolf fans chose to buy tickets from other sources for financial or better seating reasons doesn't detract from the fact that they had an excellent turnout in Mobile for the third year in a row.

Its hard to argue with folks who think they are on the same level when their average season attendance would be the equivalent to a big game of ours in basketball. 

Lysol

Quote from: Seminole Indian on January 12, 2014, 11:45:45 am

As far as adding FCS, I'm sure they would prefer not to keep calling them up, but most people would agree that a far as football,adding App. State and Georgia Southern, was better for the strength of the conference that the FBS additions (New Mexico State and Idaho).

Know ASU fans are excited by the fact that their most talented players this year, for the most part, were Sophomores and Freshmen, but what is more exciting is the next group is just as, if not more talented, so the best is yet to come.

Actually, I always thought the MAC was the worst conference with the SBC a close 2nd. That was until the most recent conference realignment that turned the SBC upside down. You're correct in your statement that App St and Ga Southern were better additions than current FBS members NMSU and Idaho. That doesn't mean they are good additions lol. I'm sorry, but do you realize that you are saying the conference is better now with the FCS additions than when it had NT, MTSU, FIU, FAU, and WKU? The MAC had a team in a BCS bowl bowl last year...

The bottom line is ASU is benefiting from a much weaker conference slate now and that is a GOOD thing for the program. But it's kind of obvious how bad that conference is now. When you have to pull teams from a lower subdivision because you can't lure any teams from other FBS conferences, I think that means your conference is at the bottom.

Lysol

Quote from: GolfNut57 on January 12, 2014, 12:41:38 pm
FIU and FAU were top Sunbelt programs? Wow, some of you are so totally clueless about the Sunbelt that you sound like brainless idiots when you try to bash ASU.
Guy I can almost guarantee I've been following the SBC and other small conferences longer than you. Not that it matters. And I think most ppl, on this board anyway, do not dislike ASU, just their fans on this board.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Seminole Indian on January 12, 2014, 11:59:25 am
My bad, I thought you were talking about the strength of the conferences.

No doubt the other G5 Conferences are more prestigious, have more bowl contracted, and better TV deals, but most expect that to change and other than the than maybe the AAC, to be a wash.

Still, most people agree that unless you are in a P5, the only way to grow your program going forward, and  your revenue streams, is to win, and ASU has positioned themselves  to do that. I fully expect them to be one of the more recognizable and successful G5 programs.

You don't replace the florida teams, WKU, middle tennessee with GaSt, UTSA, Idaho, App St and say your conference is getting better.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 12, 2014, 01:11:04 pm
You don't replace the florida teams, WKU, middle tennessee with GaSt, UTSA, Idaho, App St and say your conference is getting better.

gotta admit that the FIU and FAU are awful. They have horrible sports programs and their attendance at ball games are embarrassing. The sun Belt wasn't sad to see them go. cusa cares more about having schools in big cities than about having schools that can compete in sports. western kentucky is the only decent athletic program they are losing

Seminole Indian

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 12, 2014, 01:11:04 pm
Well bear with me again.

The general consensus at the end of this year by those that rank these things ( see the Massey Composite Rankings above) was that the SBC finished ahead of CUSA and the MAC. FIU, FAU and Middle Tennessee were already in CUSA.

With that baseline, the SBC will loses a good WKU, but will replace them with two schools that many feel will be as good if not better from the get go, in App State and Ga. Southern ( who did beat Florida this year).

Idaho and New Mexico State probably will not help the SBC, but both did finish ahead of three CUSA teams, and a couple of MAC teams in the final BCS standings and both are expected to improve.

Add to that the fact that all but one of the returning SBC teams were bowl eligible this year, and all are expected to be better next year.

Yes I think the new SBC is going to be better than both CUSA and the MAC and may make a strong run at catching the MWC and/or AAC next year, and for very good reasons.

Science Fiction Greg

This argument about whether the SBC is slightly better or slightly worse than, say, the MAC is an extremely important part of the argument about whether ASUj might have been slightly better or worse than UAf this year and/or last year.

Can you imagine finally thinking you might be better than your big brother at something only to find out it probably wasn't actually true?  It must be heart-breaking for them.  Just let them be.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Corndog7 on January 12, 2014, 02:10:47 pm
This argument about whether the SBC is slightly better or slightly worse than, say, the MAC is an extremely important part of the argument about whether ASUj might have been slightly better or worse than UAf this year and/or last year.

Can you imagine finally thinking you might be better than your big brother at something only to find out it probably wasn't actually true?  It must be heart-breaking for them.  Just let them be.
Was not for them to decide. The BCS rankings decided it......... for the second year in a row ASU is 'officially', the best FBS team in Arkansas. Nothing for them to get  heart broken over.

ricepig

Quote from: Seminole Indian on January 12, 2014, 02:15:00 pm
Not really, the BCS rankings settled it......... for the second year in a row ASU is 'officially', the best FBS team in Arkansas. Nothing for them to get  heart broken over.

Anything after first, is last.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Seminole Indian on January 12, 2014, 02:15:00 pm
Was not for them to decide. The BCS rankings decided it......... for the second year in a row ASU is 'officially', the best FBS team in Arkansas. Nothing for them to get  heart broken over.

I'm sorry, but the BCS rankings do not do what you think they do.  I'm talking about who the better team is (as in, who would win the most if they played a bunch of games against each other), not how many points the BCS formula gives them.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Seminole Indian

January 12, 2014, 02:44:19 pm #173 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:56:07 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: Corndog7 on January 12, 2014, 02:37:01 pm
I'm sorry, but the BCS rankings do not do what you think they do.  I'm talking about who the better team is (as in, who would win the most if they played a bunch of games against each other), not how many points the BCS formula gives them.
Figured that out when # 74 ASU beat #35 Ball State.

Like I said in other post the few times I watched the Razorbacks they looked real good, the few times I watched the Wolves they looked real bad. If anyone had asked me who had the better team, I would have said the Razorbacks, but no one asked me.

I do have very good reasons for believing ASU is going to be a very good G5 program. Should have a shot at a winning season and a bowl game every year for the foreseeable future. Not sure what that means beyond that.

Off topic but congratulations to Arkansas State senior defensive lineman Ryan Carrethers who has been named the Little Rock Touchdown Club's (LRTDC) Arkansas State Player of the Year.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Poop Hoggy Hogg on January 12, 2014, 01:20:04 pm
gotta admit that the FIU and FAU are awful. They have horrible sports programs and their attendance at ball games are embarrassing. The sun Belt wasn't sad to see them go. cusa cares more about having schools in big cities than about having schools that can compete in sports. western kentucky is the only decent athletic program they are losing

Both Florida schools won a conference title. So, actually, that really hurts the view of the conference.

As far as WKU, it's really sad for the so called prestige and strength of that conference when an 8-4 team doesn't go bowling.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 12, 2014, 03:12:39 pm
Both Florida schools won a conference title. So, actually, that really hurts the view of the conference.

As far as WKU, it's really sad for the so called prestige and strength of that conference when an 8-4 team doesn't go bowling.
Hurts that they only have 2 bowl tie ins, but will have 3, maybe 4 ties ins next year.

Don't think they should concern themselves with prestige at this point, just  staying ahead of the MAC and CUSA, and gaining on or catching the MWC and AAC.

CFN, who normally is very anti-SBC, just posted their final rankings and really gave a lot more respect to the SBC teams. ASU was # 61 and that is a very good ranking by them, but several  SBC teams were ranked higher than many schools from the P5.

Arkansas came in at #95.

Like I said win and the 'prestige' thing will take care of itself.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2014, 09:36:17 pm
Go read your board, plenty say a number a lot less than 15,000. And one should believe you sold 12,000 tickets in Mobile?

They can't sell 12k in their own town.
Quote from: Seminole Indian on January 12, 2014, 03:33:07 pm

A Squaw lecturing anyone on prestige is akin to Michael Jackson giving a birds and bees talk.

Seminole Indian

January 13, 2014, 06:22:53 am #177 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 07:02:09 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 13, 2014, 04:27:16 am
They can't sell 12k in their own town.
A Squaw lecturing anyone on prestige is akin to Michael Jackson giving a birds and bees talk.
Not lecturing, simply decided to show what people outside the state were thinking  about the 'truths' some posters here are going to great lengths to remind everyone of. Truths that every person in Arkansas has been told from birth, were absolute, and would never change, as long as the money was there.

While I realize that these 'outsiders'  have not been properly grounded in the 'truth', if they keep putting this 'misinformation' out there like they have the last two years, it could give people outside of Arkansas the wrong impression of what the 'truth' is.

In the past it was easy to make sure this 'misinformation' did not corrupt the minds of the people in Arkansas, but in the age of the internet it is not as easy to control what they are exposed to, and some may began to question the truth. This, if it continues could become a serious problem.

A problem made worse by the fact that  it may be rather difficult playing in the SEC to demonstrate the real  truth to anyone any time soon on the field, so re-educating them may not be as easy as in the past.

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

the_kosher_pig

I can't believe people quote the Clay Travis article on my post about wins.

Let's see, you recruit to do what?  Win.
Let's see, you practice to do what? Win.
Let's see, you pay millions of dollars to a coach to do what? Win.

So by this logic it's easy to see that if one team wins 9 and another wins 3 then the 9 win team is better off.  You guys are idiots.  And so many people jumped on the "moral championship" bandwagon.  I guess Long was wrong and it should have been the "but my big brother can beat up your big brother" championship. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

three hog night

Let's see....The constant sniping about Nutt, Heath, Pelphrey, Petrino, and now Bielema.  The constant complaining about the UA in any capacity.  The nasty hatred used by many ASU fans has created some angry Hog fans.  Especially in Jonesboro and NEA.  Many ASU fans use their position in the community to treat Hog fans like crap in Jonesboro. It has gotten worse lately with ASU winning and our Hogs doing badly with Petrino's debacle.  Now they are going crazy with a bowl victory and Turner transferring.

I predict the Hog fan that supported ASU and didn't care about some of their crazy fans will start to lose patience.   The Hog fans that were secondary fans of ASU may start to dwindle...quickly
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: three hog night on January 13, 2014, 07:04:44 am
Let's see....The constant sniping about Nutt, Heath, Pelphrey, Petrino, and now Bielema.  The constant complaining about the UA in any capacity.  The nasty hatred used by many ASU fans has created some angry Hog fans.  Especially in Jonesboro and NEA.  Many ASU fans use their position in the community to treat Hog fans like crap in Jonesboro. It has gotten worse lately with ASU winning and our Hogs doing badly with Petrino's debacle.  Now they are going crazy with a bowl victory and Turner transferring.

I predict the Hog fan that supported ASU and didn't care about some of their crazy fans will start to lose patience.   The Hog fans that were secondary fans of ASU may start to dwindle...quickly
My prediction is a little different.

As far as ASU I predict that  if they keep winning, and I have good tangible reasons for thinking they will, they will continue to grow their fan base, and become one of the better known, and successful G5 programs. Where those fans come from is a non-issue.

As far as the Razorbacks, I  predict that if they continue to lose they will see their fans base erode a little bit.

Of course the key for both programs future is  winning, and IMO ASU is in a better position to win championships in the SBC than the Razorbacks are in the SEC. Just an opinion but there are tangible reasons I have this opinion.

Also helps that ASU is now able to get teams like Miami, and Missouri to come to Jonesboro.

Nothing etched in stone but will be interesting to see whose prediction is correct.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Seminole Indian on January 12, 2014, 03:33:07 pm
Hurts that they only have 2 bowl tie ins, but will have 3, maybe 4 ties ins next year.

Don't think they should concern themselves with prestige at this point, just  staying ahead of the MAC and CUSA, and gaining on or catching the MWC and AAC.

CFN, who normally is very anti-SBC, just posted their final rankings and really gave a lot more respect to the SBC teams. ASU was # 61 and that is a very good ranking by them, but several  SBC teams were ranked higher than many schools from the P5.

Arkansas came in at #95.

Tie ins or not. That's my frickin point. Listen to the (words that are comin out of my mouth). It's sad when an 8-4 team gets overlooked. Especially when thy beat a 7-5 team that went.

Which speaks volumes for how bad that conference is.

Ever heard of "at large" bids? Go aged and gloat about being second place in the worst conference in the nation.

Oh year, Memphis 31-7. LMMFAO

three hog night

Quote from: Seminole Indian on January 13, 2014, 07:20:03 am
My prediction is a little different.

As far as ASU I predict that  if they keep winning, and I have good tangible reasons for thinking they will, they will continue to grow their fan base, and become one of the better known, and successful G5 programs. Where those fans come from is a non-issue.

As far as the Razorbacks, I  predict that if they continue to lose they will see their fans base erode a little bit.

Of course the key for both programs future is  winning, and IMO ASU is in a better position to win championships in the SBC than the Razorbacks are in the SEC. Just an opinion but there are tangible reasons I have this opinion.

Also helps that ASU is now able to get teams like Miami, and Missouri to come to Jonesboro.

Nothing etched in stone but will be interesting to see whose prediction is correct.

It will be visible in Jonesboro first and soon.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

Seminole Indian

January 13, 2014, 07:35:35 am #184 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 07:46:22 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: HoggyCat on January 13, 2014, 07:24:50 am
Tie ins or not. That's my frickin point. Listen to the (words that are comin out of my mouth). It's sad when an 8-4 team gets overlooked. Especially when thy beat a 7-5 team that went.

Which speaks volumes for how bad that conference is.

Ever heard of "at large" bids? Go aged and gloat about being second place in the worst conference in the nation.

Oh year, Memphis 31-7. LMMFAO
Well I have no problems with your post (although technically ASU tied for the championship), as long as you do not have a problem with how the rest of the college football world again (and this 'again' is important) felt about how the two teams compared when the dust finally settled.

In spite of the short comings  you pointed out, and in spite of the fact that Arkansas played in the SEC, and ASU the SBC, that is what is going to be out there in the public domain, and don't be shocked if it happens again next year. That's the only point I was trying to make.

three hog night

ASU will do fine and continue to grow their program for the near term.  No matter how bad you can taste it, the Hogs will come roaring back.   The Hogs have gone through a rare crisis 2 years following the #5 ranking.   A coach melting down at a terrible time and draggin us through something a kin to a NCAA probation.   A coach that couldn't recruit skill offensive players much less anything else his last 2 years when he is known as an offensive GENIUS.   Sure he got a few kids here and there but it was sad recruiting.

the_kosher_pig

The ceiling is WAAAAAY higher with the Razorbacks.  But I do hope ASU keeps winning.  I like seeing Arkansas do well.  Didn't Henderson do pretty well this year?

Seminole Indian

January 13, 2014, 07:58:50 am #187 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:42:16 am by Seminole Indian
Quote from: three hog night on January 13, 2014, 07:41:25 am
ASU will do fine and continue to grow their program for the near term.  No matter how bad you can taste it, the Hogs will come roaring back.   The Hogs have gone through a rare crisis 2 years following the #5 ranking.   A coach melting down at a terrible time and draggin us through something a kin to a NCAA probation.   A coach that couldn't recruit skill offensive players much less anything else his last 2 years when he is known as an offensive GENIUS.   Sure he got a few kids here and there but it was sad recruiting.

It has appeared to me that the fan base has been divided for several years and that as much as anything has hurt your program.

Got a tough task ahead to right the ship in the SEC (maybe the biggest challenge in the history of Razorback football) and IMO it is never been more critical for your fan base to get behind your 'program', in spite of your differences, or it could suffer serious damage. Now is not the time to quit.

ASU, or UCA or Henderson State are non-issues as far as the future of Razorback football. The teams on your schedule are.

HoopS

Vs LaLaf

Hogs win 34-14
Wolves lost 23-7

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: HoopS on January 13, 2014, 08:00:25 am
Vs LaLaf

Hogs win 34-14
Wolves lost 23-7
October 12   11:00 AM   vs. Texas   #12   Cotton Bowl • Dallas, TX (Red River Rivalry)   ABC   L 20–36     92,500[11]

Oklahoma lost to Texas.  Do you think Texas could beat Alabama?  Sometimes matchups are different for each team. 

HoopS

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on January 13, 2014, 08:06:32 am
October 12   11:00 AM   vs. Texas   #12   Cotton Bowl • Dallas, TX (Red River Rivalry)   ABC   L 20–36     92,500[11]

Oklahoma lost to Texas.  Do you think Texas could beat Alabama?  Sometimes matchups are different for each team. 
if Bama showed up half stepping like they did in the CB, who knows.  I doubt it though.  Still, in our worst season ever, and when aSu is "up", they're still sucking hind tit and always will. 

HoggyCat

Quote from: Seminole Indian on January 13, 2014, 07:35:35 am
Well I have no problems with your post (although technically ASU tied for the championship), as long as you do not have a problem with how the rest of the college football world again (and this 'again' is important) felt about how the two teams compared when the dust finally settled.

In spite of the short comings  you pointed out, and in spite of the fact that Arkansas played in the SEC, and ASU the SBC, that is what is going to be out there in the public domain, and don't be shocked if it happens again next year. That's the only point I was trying to make.

You don't tie for the championship when you get hammered in the head to head matchup on your home field.

HoggyCat

Quote from: GolfNut57 on January 12, 2014, 12:41:38 pm

They both won conference championships.

Seminole Indian

January 13, 2014, 11:50:11 am #193 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:04:25 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: HoggyCat on January 13, 2014, 11:39:09 am
You don't tie for the championship when you get hammered in the head to head matchup on your home field.
I see your point  and think most people, if asked, would say UL was the champion, but they did in fact tie.

ASU fans are just glad the HC fired the OC after that game. Probably saved their season.

GolfNut57

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 13, 2014, 11:41:56 am
They both won conference championships.

Isn't that interesting? Both of those schools won a title when each actually finished in a tie with Troy. FAU in 2007 and FIU in 2010. It doesn't matter if YOU like the way the Sunbelt rules are set up or not. It is what it is. The ASU football team was awarded a Football Championship trophy before their latest Bowl game and the players are awarded Championship rings.