Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Does The Recent Success Of A-State Football Say About Arkansas' In-State Recruiting?

Started by sportster365, January 06, 2014, 12:04:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on January 08, 2014, 04:47:15 pm
Says at least two things:

a) As Arkansas of necessity becomes  more national in its recruiting aims, there's a wider opening for Arkansas State for in-state players on the margins.

2) Arkansas State's success has improved its recruiting platform both within and outside Arkansas.
That pretty much sums it up.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

kaiserhog

Quote from: BeoPig™ on January 06, 2014, 12:05:50 pm
It proves that A-State is in the Sunbelt, not the SEC.  A 3* in Florida or Texass is likely much better than a 3* in Arkansas, based on level of competition alone.  It is also about fit.  Far too often we saw HDN offer every in-state kid out there even if they all played the same position.
Yet, our best players have been from the Great State of Arkansas. I'm tired of all this Arkansas bashing.

Got_da_captain

All recruits are different, both schools are recruiting well. Let's just say that!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: BeoPig™ on January 06, 2014, 12:05:50 pm
It proves that A-State is in the Sunbelt, not the SEC.  A 3* in Florida or Texass is likely much better than a 3* in Arkansas, based on level of competition alone.  It is also about fit.  Far too often we saw HDN offer every in-state kid out there even if they all played the same position.
Bingo! Until (and unless) ASU and the Hogs play the exact competition year after year any comparisons and conclusions about anything is tenuous at best.

kaiserhog