Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UCA up 3-0 in the Sixth

Started by JonClaudeVanHam, May 25, 2013, 07:01:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JonClaudeVanHam

I hope they pull it off. We want all the state's team to have success. We should honestly start playing UCA as long as they have Gum. It will benefit both teams.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

ricepig

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on May 25, 2013, 07:01:05 pm
I hope they pull it off. We want all the state's team to have success. We should honestly start playing UCA as long as they have Gum. It will benefit both teams.

If they win, we'll be playing them soon enough.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2013, 07:13:13 pm
If they win, we'll be playing them soon enough.

Not too worried, but Gum is a great coach.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

ricepig

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on May 25, 2013, 07:14:06 pm
Not too worried, but Gum is a great coach.

Not worried at all, just stating what will happen.

hogfan14

RazorHawg16

Would they be a 3 seed or a 4 seed?

TikiHog

with their RPI  and losing conf record they will be a 4

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on May 25, 2013, 07:28:50 pm
Would they be a 3 seed or a 4 seed?

Probably a 3.. but maybe a 4. They would be a nasty four seed, though.

TikiHog

cant see the 7th place team in the Southland being a 3

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: TikiHog on May 25, 2013, 07:31:45 pm
cant see the 7th place team in the Southland being a 3

Oh, so now conference records matter? Because they're non-con was top 25 worthy.

TikiHog

sos 173
7th in the 11th RPI ranked conf
3-5 Top 50
19 wins vs 200RPI or higher
Non Conf SOS 238

ucahogfan

Won 4-0!  GO PURPLE BEARS!!!!!!!

Really proud of my alma mater.

ricepig

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 25, 2013, 07:45:25 pm

I figured they were toast after their first game and recent nosedive, but they made it to the show.

ucahogfan

Quote from: ricepig on May 25, 2013, 07:53:18 pm
I figured they were toast after their first game and recent nosedive, but they made it to the show.
So did I, but they have shown they have the talent.  They are in like the top 20 in ERA in the country and might lead the country in OBP.  They could be a scary team in the postseason or they could go 0-2.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 25, 2013, 07:55:08 pm
So did I, but they have shown they have the talent.  They are in like the top 20 in ERA in the country and might lead the country in OBP.  They could be a scary team in the postseason or they could go 0-2.

I've watched them play enough to know that they are a nasty 4 seed.

hogfan14

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 25, 2013, 07:45:25 pm

You and me both  :)

Im gonna HATE pitting my lifelong team growing up vs. my alma mater though if they do get sent to fayetteville. I like to see both win. But of course ill pull for the hogs more.

Super Hog

Grew up with Allen Gum in Bentonville and played baseball with him from t-ball through American Legion. Great, great guy and I am so happy for him and his success at UCA!

TikiHog

when the RPI is updated after this win and their in the 50's they could be a 3...I just think the 7th place finish and bad SOS and 19 wins vs 200 or higher will hurt them...If we host they will be the 4 in Fayetteville

jry04

Quote from: TikiHog on May 25, 2013, 08:07:05 pm
when the RPI is updated after this win and their in the 50's they could be a 3...I just think the 7th place finish and bad SOS and 19 wins vs 200 or higher will hurt them...If we host they will be the 4 in Fayetteville
I agree. They had to win their tournament to make the NCAAT. Being 7th in a bad conference, and having to run the table to make it tells me they will be a 4 seed.

tennesseehogwild

Does UCA getting in, in any way, shape, or form help the Hogs to host? I know it probably doesn't but it would sure be convenient for the committee.

TikiHog

I was thinking the same thing it would make it easy...doubt we would be so lucky though

Philip Seaton

Maybe they will get sent back to Mississippi State where they took two-of-three from the Bulldogs :)

basscat3

Could be this years Stoney Brook
Quote from: losthawg68 on February 19, 2010, 10:48:52 PM
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike
down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my frito pie. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you

southarkhog06

Quote from: Two wrongs don't make a D'Nerian Wrighter on May 26, 2013, 02:28:02 am
Maybe they will get sent back to Mississippi State where they took two-of-three from the Bulldogs :)
i think they end up in the same regional as us. but i want so bad for that to happen ive never commented on another teams board before but i may have to if they get put out of their own regional by uca

Uncle_Larry

Quote from: jry04 on May 25, 2013, 08:12:45 pm
I agree. They had to win their tournament to make the NCAAT. Being 7th in a bad conference, and having to run the table to make it tells me they will be a 4 seed.

If you think the Southland is a bad conference you need to watch more college baseball my friend. Conference team wins over Baylor, Mississippi St, Texas, Texas A&M, Rice, Kansas, Wichita State, Oklahoma State...just to name a few off the top of my head. All of which are likely tournament teams except for maybe A&M.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Uncle_Larry on May 26, 2013, 01:59:07 pm
If you think the Southland is a bad conference you need to watch more college baseball my friend. Conference team wins over Baylor, Mississippi St, Texas, Texas A&M, Rice, Kansas, Wichita State, Oklahoma State...just to name a few off the top of my head. All of which are likely tournament teams except for maybe A&M.
Baylor, Texas, one of KU/OSU, Wichita State, and maybe TAMU probably won't be in the field this year.

TikiHog

Wichita St is in as a auto matic

ucahogfan

Quote from: TikiHog on May 26, 2013, 02:09:46 pm
Wichita St is in as a auto matic
Didn't realize that.  Thanks for the correction.