Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vote NO! UA vs ASU

Started by MarionHog, March 12, 2013, 06:15:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: farmhawg on March 17, 2013, 09:40:54 am
Keep dreaming.

Yeah, there is a good chance Ar Tech will have more students than ASU in five years given each's current growth.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on March 17, 2013, 09:35:20 am
It's a stupid poll and means nothing. A more scientific poll would have included an option to "shove it up your A$$ and get back to real work that elected officials were elected to do. 

I think we have a winner!
+1
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hawgzinbowlz

It's a stupid poll and means nothing. A more scientific poll would have included an option to "shove it up your A$$ and get back to real work that elected officials were elected to do.

LOL, LOL, LOL, ETC., ETC...

" GO HOGS "

harrisburghog

Most logical thing said on subject yet.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Seminole Indian on March 16, 2013, 08:53:55 pm
Really!!

Playing the Razorbacks is not a big deal to anyone associated with ASU, fans players coaches, administrators .........anyone. That is a fact.

That most people in Arkansas would like to see them play is also a fact ( something that  even a poll like the one discussed here , that the Razorback Foundation  and people here have done everything within their power to swing to 'no' shows is true).

That the Administrations and  fans of both schools are opposed  to a game being forced on anyone is also a fact.

Everything else is pretty much not true.

Like I tell the  fans of both teams that I know, the worse thing confronting the Razorbacks is reality, the best thing confronting the Red Wolves is reality. Deal with it, as best you can, but deal with it.

"Playing the Razorbacks is not a big deal to anyone associated with ASU, fans players coaches, administrators .........anyone. That is a fact."

WOW.....

I'm now needing a drink after reading this post....at 1030am on a Sunday!

2013's dummiest statement for the year so far.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

ricepig

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 17, 2013, 11:29:06 am
"Playing the Razorbacks is not a big deal to anyone associated with ASU, fans players coaches, administrators .........anyone. That is a fact."

WOW.....

Don't feed the troll.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 17, 2013, 11:29:06 am

WOW.....

Should have been in Church.

I realize that some Razorback fans need to think that ASU fans are jealous of the Razorbacks, but I have found that has not been the case since in 80's (that basketball game really had an effect, because it demonstrated that the UofA is ready willing and able to take on ASU in post season play and even sent their women's team to Jonesboro). They just have a policy of not scheduling in-state teams during the regular season.

Since the basketball game in 87 all ASU fans care about  is when the opportunity presents itself (without the legislatures help), beat the Razorbacks.

Unfortunately those opportunities have and will probably continue to be few and far between, with only a few women's tennis matches, women's basketball game and Rugby, since then. ASU has more than held their own.

Again, like it are not, playing the Razorbacks is not a big deal, for ASU or for anyone, beating them is all that matters. If ULM can do it (almost twice) don't think for a second ASU cannot, and they know it and that changes everything.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Root66

Quote from: roothog229 on March 15, 2013, 10:19:15 pm
Amazing how the "No" vote was well ahead, so the site closed for "too much bandwith" and then once it came back up, all of the sudden the "Yes" vote is up by a few hundred. Politics at its worst.

That was total bulldung. You would think that poll is being managed out of Chicago, the land of community organizers.

jboro-hog

Quote from: Seminole Indian on March 17, 2013, 08:48:35 am
Yes but you saying it does not make it so, and like those that say Jonesboro and ASU are dumps, you are just showing you ignorance, because things have change...........big-time.

There are a lot of good Razorback fans in Jonesboro, just like every where else in the state but there are ASU fans throughout the state as well, and more every year.

Maybe you might want to to go back and reread what I said. I never callled Jonesboro or  ASU a dump. What i did say that there are more hog fans in Jonesboro than red wolves and that is true. When ticket prices for red wolves game are not even half of the cost of a razorback game and people would prefer to drive 4 plus hours across the state you cant tell me people in this part of state are not die hard hog fans. 650 fans in manila which is less 40 minutes from jonesboro,came to see Bret Bielema goes to prove that north east ark also is razorback country. so when asu can consistently put more than 20000 butts in the seats then come back and argue with me. wps wps wps :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: 

hillhog

Quote from: HogInFlorida on March 12, 2013, 06:53:14 pm
I don't get why so many Arkansas fans are so against this. I'd rather beat stAte to a pulp every year than Jacksonville St or Tulsa
Or lose to ulm or any other cupcake

RedyorNot

Quote from: mindtoxicity on March 16, 2013, 10:33:18 pm
Actually it was because Romney and Republicans decided to insult half the country by saying 47% want handouts... And their difficulty appealing to gays, women, and racial minorities due to their strong stance against issues that are important to them.

And they are correct about the 47%.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: RedyorNot on March 18, 2013, 12:11:43 pm
And they are correct about the 47%.

I think it's up to 51% now.

Root66

Quote from: mindtoxicity on March 16, 2013, 10:33:18 pm
Actually it was because Romney and Republicans decided to insult half the country by saying 47% want handouts... And their difficulty appealing to gays, women, and racial minorities due to their strong stance against issues that are important to them.

Actually they were not correct... 47% (actually more) have had handouts for several years. Probably more like 55%. This is the land of free money. It's actually sickening to think about these welfare leeches.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hogeye_Pierce

It's a stupid poll and means nothing. A more scientific poll would have included an option to "shove it up your A$$ and get back to real work that elected officials were elected to do". 

I would like to amend that poll to include the word "sideways" after A$$ please.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

mindtoxicity

Quote from: Root66 on March 18, 2013, 12:50:43 pm
Actually they were not correct... 47% (actually more) have had handouts for several years. Probably more like 55%. This is the land of free money. It's actually sickening to think about these welfare leeches.

Actually you're wrong (though it's irrelevant, if you want to be President you don't insult half the country regardless of the facts). The 47% Romney was referring to is the 47% of people who do not pay federal income taxes. They still pay state, local, payroll and sales tax. It had nothing to do with "welfare leeches."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetnovack/2012/09/17/memo-to-mitt-romney-the-47-pay-taxes-too/

And of those who pay neither federal income taxes or payroll taxes, most of them are senior citizens... so technically they would be social security "leeches."

Arkstfan

If Pelphrey had lost to say UALR instead of East Tenneessee State or Morgan State, would he have been allowed one more year?

little pigee

Can we play Pulaski Tech too?
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

PorkSoda

Quote from: mindtoxicity on March 18, 2013, 01:29:10 pm

And of those who pay neither federal income taxes or payroll taxes, most of them are senior citizens... so technically they would be social security "leeches."

and technically not leaches since they'd paid money in.

If anyone is a leach, its the american government leeching off the people.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Athog

Quote from: 99toLife on March 12, 2013, 06:43:08 pm
Why not, what are you afraid of ?  Be good for the STATE of Arkansas...

Right! It will not do a thing for the state.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 18, 2013, 04:16:47 pm
and technically not leaches since they'd paid money in.

If anyone is a leach, its the american government leeching off the people.

If anyone is a leach, it's this guy:

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: Root66 on March 18, 2013, 12:50:43 pm

The nonworking poor only account for 10% of total welfare, less than 5% of the federal budget,  Most of those is due to temporary unemployment; most people don't stay on the wellfare for long.  A significant percentage of people who receive government checks are 1) republicans and 2) paid into a system that promised to pay for these benefits (i.e. entitlements).  Why?  Because the elderly consume the great bulk of US entitlement spending and tax revenues overall, and the elderly tend to vote Republican.  If you want something to gripe about, gripe about old foggies getting far more money out of the system than they every put into it.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

phadedhawg

Move all games to Fayetteville except for the ASU game in LR.

That's what I would like to see happen in my lifetime.  Don't have much faith it will happen.

If football is too sacred then just do it in basketball but ASU would probably beat us half the time.  Not sure if Fayetteville would handle that well.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: jboro-hog on March 17, 2013, 02:55:56 pm
Maybe you might want to to go back and reread what I said. I never callled Jonesboro or  ASU a dump. What i did say that there are more hog fans in Jonesboro than red wolves and that is true. When ticket prices for red wolves game are not even half of the cost of a razorback game and people would prefer to drive 4 plus hours across the state you cant tell me people in this part of state are not die hard hog fans. 650 fans in manila which is less 40 minutes from jonesboro,came to see Bret Bielema goes to prove that north east ark also is razorback country. so when asu can consistently put more than 20000 butts in the seats then come back and argue with me. wps wps wps :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
I'll buy that, Razorback fans are like mosquitos, they are everywhere in NEA. Problem is what you mean by 'fans'. My brothers and sisters are hard core Razorback fans, at least in their minds, but  they have never and will never attend a Razorback game. Hell I've even offered to buy the tickets and take them.

Granted I'm sure ASU would love it if people like my family were ASU fans, and stocking up on ASU garb at the local Walmart, and talking about ASU games at the local diners,  but not having them in big numbers is not a show stopper for ASU.

That might change is the Razorbacks ever gave the people what the people want and played ASU on a regular basis, but because that is not likely to happen, ma and paw six pack are all yours.

Another point I' would be surprised if there are more than 250K people in the target market of people in this state that would ever attend a college athletic event, and all I know is ASU has enough of those to be a FBS program and that number is growing.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne