Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Legislature to force UA and ASU to play?.....

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, March 12, 2013, 05:06:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley_Hawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 12, 2013, 06:23:25 pm
I actually think most gun owners are like Michael Gross and Reba McEntire in Tremors.  When some flag burning liberal asks why the hell do you need an automtic weapon you just pop in your VHS copy of Tremors and say that's why you tree hugging berkinstock wearing hippy.

Automatic Weapons have been banned since 1986. then again you probably think my 742 Woodmaster is a "Sniper Rifle".

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

98hogs

Quote from: dk44 on March 12, 2013, 06:09:30 pm
Yeah! Stay out of women's bodies, you have no place telling women how to live! (but dammit you have to pay for their birth control or else). Get real. And on the gun front, stop it. You want all kinds of ids, regulation, and anything else to stifle the 2nd amendment but want no identification to vote. I have no problem with good citizens having guns and you shouldn't either. Stop projecting, which is to say that any gun owner is a walking Yosemite Sam.
I agree!  If a woman wants to kill a kid let em!!  Bam!! Alright now!

roothog229

Quote from: NWARazor on March 12, 2013, 06:28:51 pm
Love them trying to compare this to Ala/Auburn, Flor/Flor. State, SCar/Clemson, Miss/Miss. State, etc. What a joke! http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/love-thy-neighbor-not-this-weekend/

Which is what THEY want.

All of those are inter-conference or BCS vs. BCS. A "rivarly" vs. a Sun Belt school? We'd be the ultimate laughingstock of the SEC.

razorbacker3

I've always been against the game. Always. Until now.
I see nothing wrong with helping little Bro' grow up. Maybe in a few more years they might grow up enough to wear big boy pants every now and then. The hogs knock em down and help them back up, dust their britches off and knock em down again. Maybe once every decade or two they actually land a lucky shot and take the hogs down for a flash, so what. Good for the game .Keep the money in state instead of paying Louisiana whodat to show up.
The Legislature should have nothing to say about it, but, they want to soooooo bad.
Hopefully someone with a little sense will kill it quickly.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: razorbacker3 on March 12, 2013, 06:47:32 pm
Keep the money in state instead of paying Louisana whodat to show up.

Keeping the money instate is a fallacy.  Say Arkansas was going to play La Tech $500,000 to play here and Oregon was going to pay  ASU $1,000,000.  With the legislated game ASU then drops it's top tier BCS opponent and Arkansas pays $500,000 to ASU.  That's a net loss.  It's all about opportunity costs.  It makes about as much sense as The Chunnel.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HadRoastBeef

This makes me think of the Texas Legislature having its hand in everything sports-related.  :-\

3kgthog

I'm convinced Dems and Reps are BOTH bad for our country. Just look at the argument above. Neither group cares about Arkansas or our country. Who wins the sword fight is more important.

That said, if ASU wants a piece of the Hogs, they should be willing to give up a Hog's share of the revenue. The crowd will be dominated by Hog fans. We'll buy the most concessions. In no way should anything be an even split.

Bam, Alright Now

Quote from: 98hogs on March 12, 2013, 06:43:50 pm
I agree!  If a woman wants to kill a kid let em!!  Bam!! Alright now!

Wait, are we killing babies or not. I'm confused.

Professor Psychosis

Forget the poll.  If you live in Arkansas, call your local state representative and tell them that they better vote no.  Fill their answering machines, emails, and physical mailboxes up.  If enough people do it, it'll make the difference.

Bam, Alright Now

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on March 12, 2013, 07:08:07 pm
Forget the poll.  If you live in Arkansas, call your local state representative and tell them that they better vote no.  Fill their answering machines, emails, and physical mailboxes up.  If enough people do it, it'll make the difference.

or tell them to quit wasting time on this nonsense and worry about the economy, wars, drones, homeless, gas prices, voter fraud, ** schools, etc. and not a football game.

jboro-hog

Cry cry cry. Poor ole ASU. They wont play with us. Heard this crying up here for nearly thirty years. Guess they don't have the ability to take care of their self's.Would expect a bill like this from a dem but from a repub is an embarrassment to the party of Lincoln >:( >:( :puke:.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on March 12, 2013, 07:08:07 pm

Right......Keep Livin' that Dream. They will do what's BEST for THEIR interest.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Bam, Alright Now

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2013, 07:14:55 pm
Right......Keep Livin' that Dream. They will do what's BEST for THEIR interest.

no disagreement there. so why is this even a thread. let us just give up right? you wanna kill some babies with me later or not?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 12, 2013, 07:26:01 pm
Not banned, just heavily restricted. You can still buy one at many FFL dealers. Silencers too.

Not Silencers....Supressors.

Sivad

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 12, 2013, 05:06:38 pm
this is bull...this is none of the government's dang business and surely they have better things to do...
Worst legislature in state history...no surprise they would come up with this crap.

RNHog

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on March 12, 2013, 05:43:15 pm
I love the "Oh, it's a benefit for the Children's hospital" tactic. If you don't want to play ASU, they'll say it's because you like dead children.

Trust me....ACH will not hurt if they don't get benefits from this game. The donations they get are crazy amounts of money. You should see the way the brand new addition and the brand new units look like.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: dk44 on March 12, 2013, 07:25:53 pm
no disagreement there. so why is this even a thread. let us just give up right? you wanna kill some babies with me later or not?

And this is what is wrong....I believe THAT I DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT TO DETERMINE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO.....AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T INFRINGE MY RIGHTS. I DO NOT believe in determining any reproductive decisions of a Women. I do not believe that MY GOD is any BETTER than YOUR GOD. And I certainly DO believe in separation of CHURCH and STATE.

And I DO believe that the Republican Party has been hijacked by Religious Zealots and abandoned the original Republican Principles.

That is why we continue in the situation we are currently witinessing.

Want to go protest Military Funerals holding "God Hates Fag" signs later or not?

Porked Tongue

RNHog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2013, 07:50:25 pm
And this is what is wrong....I believe THAT I DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT TO DETERMINE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO.....AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T INFRINGE MY RIGHTS. I DO NOT believe in determining any reproductive decisions of a Women. I do not believe that MY GOD is any BETTER than YOUR GOD. And I certainly DO believe in separation of CHURCH and STATE.

And I DO believe that the Republican Party has been hijacked by Religious Zealots and abandoned the original Republican Principles.

Want to go protest Military Funerals holding "God Hates Fag" signs later or not?

Typical liberal garbage. You want me adhere to your beliefs while I am supposed to suppress mine. No happy medium with you people. Me ME me ME me.

Keep that crap up in Colorado.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: RNHog on March 12, 2013, 07:55:21 pm
Typical liberal garbage. You want me adhere to your beliefs while I am supposed to suppress mine. No happy medium with you people. Me ME me ME me.

But you demand the reverse right?

RNHog

Nope. I want people to respect my opinions and I'll respects yours. You don't have to agree but you can live with both sides opinions and work together.

So no. Nice try.

trav1021

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 12, 2013, 06:14:36 pm
UofA wants to put the kibosh on this thing just threaten to pull games from WMS.  It's going to happen anyway.

If the game is legislated say OK we will play them and that will be our one game in LR per year period.

Other things to consider will this always count as a home game for UofA or home and home.  If home and home then UofA should not have to pay anything to ASU, this then hurts ASU because they are giving up a payday game.

If UofA is the designated home team then offer less than going rate to ASU because they travel involved is much less than going to play at a Nebraska, Oregon, or Wisconsin.

I agree.  Pull out of WMS contract if this happens it's nearly done anyway.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2013, 07:50:25 pm

You're wrong about your view.  The modern Republican Party has shifted WAY toward the middle, and true conservatives don't really have anyone representing them.  And I'm talking about sound philosophical principles, not religious zealotry.  Stuff like limited government powers.  Strong military but not be so involved in everyone else's squabbles, etc.

Maybe this is something indicative of the Bible Belt cause I guarantee you that you won't find anymore religious zealots in the Republican Party vs. the Democrats when you move to one coast or the other.  What you will see is a party that resembles a watered down version of the Dems.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

tophawg19

seperation of church and state is no where in our constitution . it is however in Russia's . seems like your beliefs match Russia's pretty well .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Chief Mac

For those that thing this would spawn an Auburn/Alabama type rivalry, get real. State population is no where near the same and cannot support two programs that are nationally competitive. If this happens, the only thing that it does is weaken the U of A. They will get an instate rivalry but it will be ole miss/miss st lite.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

99toLife

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on March 12, 2013, 08:07:02 pm
For those that thing this would spawn an Auburn/Alabama type rivalry, get real. State population is no where near the same and cannot support two programs that are nationally competitive. If this happens, the only thing that it does is weaken the U of A. They will get an instate rivalry but it will be ole miss/miss st lite.

it would never be Auburn/Alabama... but we play Mo-State what's the difference.  still a cupcake.

RNHog

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on March 12, 2013, 08:07:02 pm

This. Our state is too small for this to even be an issue IF it did happen.

tusksincolorado

No not a Liberal, or "YOU PEOPLE"....an AMERICAN. Don't let that warp your narrow little world.

Are YOU one of "THOSE" that can "SEE" Russia from Arkansas?

And truly I could care less what you want to believe....hold on....wait....because it's NONE OF MY BUSINESS!  WOW!!!!

So currently we see LOTS of people FLOCKING to live in Arkansas, which use to be called the "Land of Opportunity", right?

At least in Colorado we instruct our Legislative Branch to place in effect the laws it's Citizens vote for,right or wrong, THE PEOPLE DETERMINED their Government....novel idea, huh?

Again....how are those regressive taxes working for you? Think about that while you dodge the pots holes driving to work in the land of orange barrels wondering where does that money go?

So bottom line....you voted for the current mess your living in.

Chief Mac

Quote from: 99toLife on March 12, 2013, 08:14:40 pm
it would never be Auburn/Alabama... but we play Mo-State what's the difference.  still a cupcake.

Missouri state isn't trying to pry donations and talent away from the U of A
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

RNHog

Like I said, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way back to Colorado when you come back every once in a while.

I Love Arkansas. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Some would. That's why they flock off to other states to find their "progression".

SONofHAM

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 12, 2013, 05:32:53 pm
I'm at spring drills speed right now, not Saturdays in the fall speed.
good stuff+1
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

arkansastrack

All Arkansas has to do it let LR/WMS know that if this were to happen the WMS will not be renewed. WMS needs the Hogs far more than the Hogs need WMS.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 12, 2013, 08:00:44 pm
seperation of church and state is no where in our constitution . it is however in Russia's . seems like your beliefs match Russia's pretty well .

So we have abolished the 1st Admendment, and now have move the 2nd Admendment to 1st Admendment position.....

I'm could work with that! Except I don't believe Jefferson intended for that to happen.

KlubhouseKonnected

I hope the voters are learning their lesson. This could end being the most wasteful legislative period yet for our state.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Greyhands

This is stupid you do not take a ugly ass women out on a date just to make her feel good...

Sivad

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on March 12, 2013, 08:40:53 pm
This could end being the most wasteful legislative period yet for our state.
This legislature is setting the bar on that...and this "Rescue ASU" foolishness cements it.

Professor Psychosis

This whole thing doesn't seem to be getting much support based on the comments of the KFSM and KNWA stories they posted on Facebook.  I've been reading through them to get an idea of what the general public thinks, as opposed to just hardcore Hog fans, and you've got your typical Hog haters that pipe up everytime there's a chance to talk trash, a few people that think it's a great idea, but well over half the people seem to be saying that this is ridiculous that the legislature would even waste their time with this.  I guess the "donations" blackmail angle isn't going to work.

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 12, 2013, 08:00:03 pm
You're wrong about your view.  The modern Republican Party has shifted WAY toward the middle, and true conservatives don't really have anyone representing them.  And I'm talking about sound philosophical principles, not religious zealotry.  Stuff like limited government powers.  Strong military but not be so involved in everyone else's squabbles, etc.

Thankfully, the neocon wing of the party is going to be losing it's grip because the "Libertarian Kids" are staging a takeover.

tusksincolorado

March 12, 2013, 08:47:50 pm #88 Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:11:34 pm by tusksincolorado
Quote from: RNHog on March 12, 2013, 08:25:43 pm
Like I said, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way back to Colorado when you come back every once in a while.

I Love Arkansas. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Some would. That's why they flock off to other states to find their "progression".

It's progressive....

Nah...I still have Family back home, and visit every 3 or 4 months. I am just a FIRM Believer in "draining of the shallow in of the Gene Pool". So with this kind of Bill that was introduced to the Legislation I just think it's time to flush that swamp next November. But that is up to the Citizenry of Arkansas to determined what is more important in this current economic enviroment. Just remember "Chicken Sales" and "Great Values" may not last forever.

ricepig

I guess he doesn't drive the roads of Colorado much, pot holes big enough to lose your car in Aspen, and the road up from I-70 is just about as bad.

tophawg19

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2013, 08:37:10 pm
So we have abolished the 1st Admendment, and now have move the 2nd Admendment to 1st Admendment position.....

I'm could work with that! Except I don't believe Jefferson intended for that to happen.
Hitler , Stalin and Mussalini[sp] like your view that churches should be seperated from the government
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Greyhands on March 12, 2013, 08:43:14 pm
This is stupid you do not take a ugly ass women out on a date just to make her feel good...

In Mississippi they do....she's called Sis!

(notOM)Rebel123

Harold Copenhaver is an idiot. Just another ASU alumni trying to use his position so ASU can capitalize from the UofA's success. The whole country is gong broke and this is what these two morons come up with in a legislative session? The charity aspect is a joke, as well. As a taxpayer who is having to support ASU athletics, I don't want them giving a dime of gate receipts to charity. ASU needs every penny they can get.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

SONofHAM

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 12, 2013, 05:32:53 pm
I'm at spring drills speed right now, not Saturdays in the fall speed.
good stuff +1
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

56Hog

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2013, 08:49:15 pm
I guess he doesn't drive the roads of Colorado much, pot holes big enough to lose your car in Aspen, and the road up from I-70 is just about as bad.

Except we repair them.....after the Winter thaw. But thanks for your tourist tax dollars, Coloradians appreciate your money. We will have it repaired for your next trip out. Our excuse though is elevations and the winter weather. What is your excuse for lack of highway and bridge repair in Arkansas? Swarms of mosquitoes or lack of revenue? Summertime, CDOT is busy as little bees. I personally drive though Eisenhower and Johnson at least 3 times a week. Our biggest problem is keeping the dang Elk and Big Horn off 70 around Chief Hosa and Georgetown. Maybe you folks just need to spray more.

Oh...next time I would like to suggest Gunnison/Crusty Butt (Crested Butte), instead of Eagle or Summit Counties. It's not so Californian/Texan atmosphere...and a whole lot of the true Colorado.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 12, 2013, 08:50:23 pm
Hitler , Stalin and Mussalini[sp] like your view that churches should be seperated from the government

You forgot to add Thomas Jefferson to that list.

ricepig

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 12, 2013, 09:10:34 pm

Except we repair them.....after the Winter thaw. But thanks for your tourist tax dollars, Coloradians appreciate your money. We will have it repaired for your next trip out. Our excuse though is elevations and the winter weather. What is your excuse for lack of highway and bridge repair in Arkansas? Swarms of mosquitoes or lack of revenue? Summertime, CDOT is busy as little bees. I personally drive though Eisenhower and Johnson at least 3 times a week. Our biggest problem is keeping the dang Elk and Big Horn off 70 around Chief Hosa and Georgetown. Maybe you folks just need to spray more.

Oh...next time I would like to suggest Gunnison/Crusty Butt (Crested Butte), instead of Eagle or Summit Counties. It's not so Californian/Texan atmosphere...and a whole lot of the true Colorado.

I've skied in Aspen every year since 1978,  I don't need Crested Butte. And those pot holes, thery're there every year, so I guess they don't fix them very well. Oh, these mosquitoes, they come out of my rice fieds,, that's money to me.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 12, 2013, 08:50:23 pm

As do the drafters of the constitution

KlubhouseKonnected

BTW diverting funds to those "charities" is possible an illegal exaction in violation of the Arkansas Constitution.