Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Legislature to force UA and ASU to play?.....

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, March 12, 2013, 05:06:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

this is bull...this is none of the government's dang business and surely they have better things to do.... http://www.katv.com/story/21595128/u-of-a-vs-asu-arkansas-legislature-could-lay-down-the-law

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 12, 2013, 05:06:38 pm
this is bull...this is none of the government's dang business and surely they have better things to do.... http://www.katv.com/story/21595128/u-of-a-vs-asu-arkansas-legislature-could-lay-down-the-law

Just over-legislation at its worst.
Even if I did want to see a game between the two schools (I don't btw), I wouldn't want the govt. to be involved.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

ricepig

I'm fine with the game, but the last thing I want to see is the Legislature wasting their time on it.

The Great Hambino

For being a party that hangs their hat on limited government, the state Republicans have introduced a lot of bills this year. Most of them, like this one, are worthless.

ricepig

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Pig Mania

I'll be pi**ed if we ever play those peons.

JHicks3636

Not bad enough that Arkansas uses no State money for its sports' programs, now the Legislature wants to take money from us.

CallThemHawgs!

Voted no

This is not the type of stuff our government needs to be worrying about, even at the state level.

pigture perfect

Quote from: The Great Hambino on March 12, 2013, 05:13:09 pm
For being a party that hangs their hat on limited government, the state Republicans have introduced a lot of bills this year. Most of them, like this one, are worthless.
Last that I checked, Governor Beebe is a Democrat. And He's for it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ricepig

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 12, 2013, 05:21:43 pm

Yep, but the bill was introduced by a Republican.

JHicks3636

He's also an ASU grad-imagine that.

Bam, Alright Now

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on March 12, 2013, 05:19:29 pm
Voted no

This is not the type of stuff our government needs to be worrying about, even at the state level.

Seriously, we have way bigger problems in this World/Country/State/Cities than a freakin football game. Heaven forbid politicans focus on real issues.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2013, 05:24:31 pm

Shame on him then.  Goes vs. the party's basic principles.
His response to me:

SONofHAM

Faldon was quick on the thread starting trigger today.  We've got a silly McFadden trade rumor and now the legislation that was already posted minutes earlier. 
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

BallHog1

Does my heart good to know that while thousands can't find a job and our economy is hanging by its nails, our elected officials see fit to spend time on this.

phadedhawg

Looks like there are co sponsors from both parties.  I don't think any of this is binding.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2013, 05:12:57 pm
I'm fine with the game, but the last thing I want to see is the Legislature wasting their time on it.

i have mixed feelings about the game but no mixed feelings about the legislature sticking their nose in something thats none of their concern

dynastyhog

So elected officals are trying to make us play each other?  Stupid.
Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise. Give lifting that person your best shot, but don't hang around long enough for his or her bad attitude to pull you down. Instead surround yourself with optimistic people. - Zig Ziglar.

This republican controlled legislature has committed all of the same mistakes they complained of the democratic led legislatures in the past.

ricepig

Quote from: Karma on March 12, 2013, 05:31:35 pm
This republican controlled legislature has committed all of the same mistakes they complained of the democratic led legislatures in the past.

Party in power always wants to exert their policy, thus bills.

Stang1970

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2013, 05:24:31 pm

Well it was introduced by a Rep and Dem but the Democrat is from Jonesboro and the Rep is from East End.  Wow, not motive involved there huh.

Here are their emails. Let them know what you think about this.

'andymayberry@windstream.net'; 'harolduiagency@yahoo.com'

REP. ANDY MAYBERRY (R-EAST END) AND REP. HAROLD COPENHAVER (D-JONESBORO)

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

jboro-hog

ASU WHAT A JOKE. THIER FANS HAVE SUCH INFERIORTY COMPLEX. PRETTY BAD WHEN THIER OUT NUMBERED IN THIER HOMETOWN. HOGS RULE IN JONESBORO. WPS :razorback:

josh_sec33

Yes, but they are winning the vote. Go vote it down to kill the stupid idea.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

ricepig

Quote from: Stang1970 on March 12, 2013, 05:37:48 pm
Well it was introduced by a Rep and Dem but the Democrat is from Jonesboro and the Rep is from Hensley.  Wow, not motive involved there huh.

Hensley, what's the motive there?

elviscat

The Republican party is setting this state backwards. First, it is the gun for everyone movement, shoot-out at OK Corral is coming but don't asked me to show that I have a state  gun permit. Then the state college movement where professors can carry firearms, next will be students will be able to arm themselves. Then we will able to carry our permitted guns to Razorback sporting events and maybe allowing mixing a little hooch along the way. Shoot-out at the old ballgame. I didn't know the gun was loaded.
Now, the next wonderful piece- We support life and know damn women has any rights to say no. Guns bullets and life is our motto. But when life comes into the world don't asked me to support it, you are on your on. Also, less attack public education because the state is spending 6700.00 a year per child and that's a lot of money. Just think we can come up with a charter school and some online education service( Jeff Bush) and we will get rich. The big boys are behind this movement, Waltons, Bushes, Kock brothers.
Remember it's the guns, bullets, babies and tax cuts for the rick this is what we stand for. We are Republicans!!!

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: jboro-hog on March 12, 2013, 05:38:28 pm
ASU WHAT A JOKE. THIER FANS HAVE SUCH INFERIORTY COMPLEX. PRETTY BAD WHEN THIER OUT NUMBERED IN THIER HOMETOWN. HOGS RULE IN JONESBORO. WPS :razorback:

I will give you a +1 because you are new.

But that being said, there is a button over on the left side of the keyboard. It says "caps lock". Give it a push.

rljjr

phadedhawg

Quote from: jboro-hog on March 12, 2013, 05:38:28 pm

GREAT FIRST POST!  I DON'T THINK ANYBODY HAS EVER MADE THAT POINT BEFORE!  WAY TO GO!

Bacons Rebellion

I love the "Oh, it's a benefit for the Children's hospital" tactic. If you don't want to play ASU, they'll say it's because you like dead children.

jboro-hog

Yes go vote to kill it. And when it comes election time. Vote these two goof balls out of office. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Porked Tongue

Benefit game?  Hell no.  Just a front.

Stupid bastards.

I don't think they have standing either.

kodiakisland

Quote from: elviscat on March 12, 2013, 05:40:32 pm
The Republican party is setting this state backwards. First, it is the gun for everyone movement, shoot-out at OK Corral is coming but don't asked me to show that I have a state  gun permit. Then the state college movement where professors can carry firearms, next will be students will be able to arm themselves. Then we will able to carry our permitted guns to Razorback sporting events and maybe allowing mixing a little hooch along the way. Shoot-out at the old ballgame. I didn't know the gun was loaded.
Now, the next wonderful piece- We support life and know damn women has any rights to say no. Guns bullets and life is our motto. But when life comes into the world don't asked me to support it, you are on your on. Also, less attack public education because the state is spending 6700.00 a year per child and that's a lot of money. Just think we can come up with a charter school and some online education service( Jeff Bush) and we will get rich. The big boys are behind this movement, Waltons, Bushes, Kock brothers.
Remember it's the guns, bullets, babies and tax cuts for the rick this is what we stand for. We are Republicans!!!

I must say you are the typical democrat.  Sad.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

ricepig

Quote from: jboro-hog on March 12, 2013, 05:44:42 pm
Yes go vote to kill it. And when it comes election time. Vote these two goof balls out of office. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Well, Harold did just barely defeat the nutt job that said slavery was good for the black man.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

jboro-hog

ASWHO? Has trouble giving away tickets to so called big games. Been offered tickets before to drive ten minutes across town. No thanks. :razorback: 

rljjr

Who is Jeff Bush?

Bam, Alright Now

Yeah! Stay out of women's bodies, you have no place telling women how to live! (but dammit you have to pay for their birth control or else). Get real. And on the gun front, stop it. You want all kinds of ids, regulation, and anything else to stifle the 2nd amendment but want no identification to vote. I have no problem with good citizens having guns and you shouldn't either. Stop projecting, which is to say that any gun owner is a walking Yosemite Sam.

Dwight_K_Shrute

UofA wants to put the kibosh on this thing just threaten to pull games from WMS.  It's going to happen anyway.

If the game is legislated say OK we will play them and that will be our one game in LR per year period.

Other things to consider will this always count as a home game for UofA or home and home.  If home and home then UofA should not have to pay anything to ASU, this then hurts ASU because they are giving up a payday game.

If UofA is the designated home team then offer less than going rate to ASU because they travel involved is much less than going to play at a Nebraska, Oregon, or Wisconsin.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

arkansastrack

Most importantly the state legislature wants the UofA to sacrifice MILLIONS for this?!?

The joke about the "benefit" game is where does that money come from? It should not come from UofA profits. I would also imagine the gate, concession, etc. would be split between the 2 schools. Which again is unacceptable.

Tim Harris

This ranks right up there with Congress getting involved with steroids in baseball.  Don't these idiots have anything better to do....

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: dk44 on March 12, 2013, 06:09:30 pm
Stop projecting, which is to say that any gun owner is a walking Yosemite Sam.

I actually think most gun owners are like Michael Gross and Reba McEntire in Tremors.  When some flag burning liberal asks why the hell do you need an automtic weapon you just pop in your VHS copy of Tremors and say that's why you tree hugging berkinstock wearing hippy.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

roothog229

This isn't a Republican or Democrat issue. One of each sponsored it.

This is a "ASU is stuck in the Sun Belt, which lost its top TV markets to C-USA next year so ASU is desperate for money and pub so they are trying to force STATE TAXPAYER MONEY AND TIME to play Arkansas".

Pathetic. Beyond pathetic. ASU's endowment is $11 million. Shouldn't they be worried more about building that instead of this?

Vote NO. Playing ASU is like screwing an ugly chick. You don't get anything out of it, and no matter what to do to her, she ends up somewhat satisfied.

NWARazor

Love them trying to compare this to Ala/Auburn, Flor/Flor. State, SCar/Clemson, Miss/Miss. State, etc. What a joke! http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/love-thy-neighbor-not-this-weekend/
Because it's Everything Texas isn't; Better than Ole Miss; a Northerner's Dream and a Southerner's Wish; the Pride of Arkansas; The Ultimate College Experience; Wooooo Pig Sooie; Old Main; LSU's Worst Nightmare; And a Place That Can Get In Your Blood and Stay Forever...

Porked Tongue

At the least, they shouldn't make it a part of any season ticket package.

Choctaw Hog

Anybody that votes for this needs to be targeted during reelection.  Government has NO business delving into crap like this.   

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2013, 05:12:57 pm

"The Game" isn't the point. 

tusksincolorado

I say kill'em all and let God sort'em out!

You guys voted for these people to repair the State...not vote on a DANG SPORTING EVENT!

Just go ahead and let that pompus sanctimonious bunch weasel into determining what should happen with YOUR UA DONATIONS next.

How about better Highways, Mass Rail Transit between LR and NWA, better Schools, and don't the Citizens of Arkansas still pay taxes on food, and taxes on personal property?

But no, an abortion stand is more important? I guess Arkansas will continue to fall behind the progressive curve. Just what is the median age in the State these days?

Everytime I come back and visit I am reminded of the phase...."Separation of Church and State".

Maybe we are truly "R-kansas".

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!