Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kent State vs. Arkansas State game thread

Started by Huckleberry Pig, January 06, 2013, 08:02:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Andre 3000

Quote from: Root66 on January 07, 2013, 05:43:08 pm
That's fine that is what YOU think. We think a little more highly of ourselves and see Arkansas State as a wannabe....a wannabe that expects the UofA to help them get to where they want to be.

like how YOU think you're in the same class as alabama and lsu? And how top programs think of you as a wannabe major program?. Like ricepig said: "Well, just be happy that you live in a nation where you can have such misguided, illogical thoughts."

Andre 3000

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2013, 06:10:58 pm
Just opinions like yours.

Had nothing to do with the argument at hand, nor did it refute any thing. Ad hominem

Andre 3000

Quote from: hogwild2882 on January 07, 2013, 05:44:45 pm
That is a fair point.  Our bowl winning % is not elite.  Most teams that have played in a large number of bowls hover around .500, though so it's not as if all great programs are dominating their bowl appearances.  I was pretty surprised when I looked them up how mediocre/low a lot of top tier teams' winning % were in their bowls.  We actually have a higher % than Va Tech, and they are still considered a top tier program by most CFB enthusiasts.  But yes, we must win more big games.

thats just my take though. Looking at it through. because its some teams with like 26-31 bowl apperances and still have more bowl wins and a higher percentage than arkansas. Ive just seen arkansas blow it so many times on big games that are important, not counting the many upsets arkansas has pulled off like vs lsu, tenn, texas etc when a title wasn't on the line

ricepig

Quote from: Andre 3000 on January 07, 2013, 06:14:02 pm
Had nothing to do with the argument at hand, nor did it refute any thing. Ad hominem

See, that's your problem, there is no argument, just your opinion, which I think is illogical and misguided.

Thus ad doucheness.

Andre 3000

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2013, 06:20:21 pm
See, that's your problem, there is no argument, just your opinion, which I think is illogical and misguided.

Thus ad doucheness.

You just proved my point LMFAO and its clear you don't even know what that mean LOL. Hog fans... kings of ad hominem. go get ready for national title game or something because you lost. Have a great night!

Seminole Indian

January 07, 2013, 06:48:11 pm #155 Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:10:31 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: Root66 on January 07, 2013, 05:43:08 pm
That's fine that is what YOU think. We think a little more highly of ourselves and see Arkansas State as a wannabe....a wannabe that expects the UofA to help them get to where they want to be.
Think those days have came and gone.

Most ASU fans are very happy with where their program is at today, and the direction it is headed(winning 10 games in a rebuilding year tends to perk up fans). I don't think they really spend much time  compairing themselves to the Razorbacks, and seem  more intrested in how they compair to the teams they have on their schedule.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

ricepig

Quote from: Andre 3000 on January 07, 2013, 06:35:36 pm
You just proved my point LMFAO and its clear you don't even know what that mean LOL. Hog fans... kings of ad hominem. go get ready for national title game or something because you lost. Have a great night!

Two years of Latin, I know what it means. I also know a [CENSORED] troll, bye bye.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Andre 3000 on January 07, 2013, 06:35:36 pm

Are you watching 'Bama-ND? See, that's what the Hogs have to face every year. Not to win the SEC, but to win the West. Not to mention LSU & Texas A&M. Maybe you'll start to realize why the Hogs aren't worrying about competing with ASU. There are much larger fish to fry.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Andre 3000

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 07, 2013, 08:52:00 pm
Are you watching 'Bama-ND? See, that's what the Hogs have to face every year. Not to win the SEC, but to win the West. Not to mention LSU & Texas A&M. Maybe you'll start to realize why the Hogs aren't worrying about competing with ASU. There are much larger fish to fry.

I'd fully believe that if yal stop scheduling other sun belt teams and FCS teams like samford.

Science Fiction Greg

Why do you think you deserve a spot on our schedule more than those other teams?
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: wmemphisspider on January 07, 2013, 07:33:13 am
congrats stAte  hawg fan till the dirt    but also love everything arkansas
said plenty, said it right, nuff said. +1
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Root66

Quote from: Andre 3000 on January 07, 2013, 06:12:14 pm

like how YOU think you're in the same class as alabama and lsu? And how top programs think of you as a wannabe major program?. Like ricepig said: "Well, just be happy that you live in a nation where you can have such misguided, illogical thoughts."

No like I think we are in the best conference in America...and that maybe Bielema understands some things that Petrino didn't. But we are in much better shape than having to settle for the GoDaddy bowl...how freaking embarrassing.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Root66 on January 07, 2013, 11:16:59 pm
No like I think we are in the best conference in America...and that maybe Bielema understands some things that Petrino didn't. But we are in much better shape than having to settle for the GoDaddy bowl...how freaking embarrassing.

Oh get real. If the hogs had qualified for a bowl and the GD was your only offer you would have taken it. That is just being stupid to knock ASU simply because of the bowl they were in. A bowl game is a bowl game and one vs a ranked opponent is nothing to raise your nose at.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Got_da_captain

Quote from: Corndog7 on January 07, 2013, 10:34:11 pm
Why do you think you deserve a spot on our schedule more than those other teams?
Tenn-Chattanooga did?

WaltKowalski

Quote from: Got_da_captain on January 07, 2013, 11:49:38 pm
Tenn-Chattanooga did?

I'm not sure 1 out of 10 CFB fans could name one thing that sets the two programs apart. I imagine they get the slot because their AD isn't a yappi little ankle biter.

Westcoasthog

I am very glad that Arkansas State won the Go Daddy Bowl  over Kent State
17  - 13.  Arkansas should be playing Arkansas State yearly instead of playing
the Lousiana Monroe's and Lousiana Lafayette's.  Keep the money in the State
of Arkansas.  Every other state plays their state school. 

GreenwayTigerHog

Quote from: Corndog7 on January 07, 2013, 10:34:11 pm

Not more than, but just as much.  To me, even as a Hog fan, I think it is the ultimate dooshbaggery to play every other team in the Sun Belt but Arkansas State. 

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Root66 on January 07, 2013, 11:16:59 pm
I can understand why a program that spends as much on athletics as the Razorbacks might find going to the GoDaddy.com bowl embarrassing, but not a school like ASU.

Think their fans are anything but embarrassed, and there are more of them than in the past.

Winning seems to be what they needed to to energize their fan base, and grow their program, and I think they are going to do a lot of that over the next few years.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

DeltaBoy

Put this in your pipe and smoke, ASU was the only Bowl team in the state this year and they won their bowl.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Got_da_captain on January 07, 2013, 11:49:38 pm
Tenn-Chattanooga did?

Sure why not.  Now, why does ASU deserve a spot on our schedule over them?
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 08, 2013, 11:04:29 am
Put this in your pipe and smoke, ASU was the only Bowl team in the state this year and they won their bowl.

Oh no, nearly their best year ever and the year we fired our coach.  Toughest conference in the country and the Sun Belt.  This comparison is perfect!

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Corndog7 on January 08, 2013, 11:51:18 am
Oh no, nearly their best year ever and the year we fired our coach.  Toughest conference in the country and the Sun Belt.  This comparison is perfect!
I don't think anyone is compairing the programs, and yes there is a big difference in the SBC and the SEC.

What makes ASU football fans excited is they know they have as good or better faculties, athletes, coaches and fan support as any SBC team. Plus their team is playing as well or better than any SBC team, as evidenced by winning the last two SBC championships. These are tangable reasons for being optimistic, and they are.

Not sure that this is the case with most Razorback fans right now. Most Razorback fans question whether their school can ever recruit as well as the top 5-6 SEC programs, and the fact is other SBC schools have the resources to hire and retain top coaches, and build first class faculties.

Think  Razorback fans are cautiously optimistic about the future, at best.

(notOM)Rebel123

Congratulations to ASU on their bowl win & also defeating a Top 25 ranked team.  Hopefully, the "Powers-that-Be" at ASU will look to leave the Sun Belt and join Conference USA.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Westcoasthog

Congratulations Arkansas State the football team and the coaching staff for a
a great win over Kent State 17-13.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Seminole Indian on January 08, 2013, 02:05:14 pm

Not sure that this is the case with most Razorback fans right now. Most Razorback fans question whether their school can ever recruit as well as the top 5-6 SEC programs, and the fact is other SBC schools have the resources to hire and retain top coaches, and build first class faculties.

Think  Razorback fans are cautiously optimistic about the future, at best.

I think I'll take being cautiously optimistic about competing on a national stage over being optimistic about competing in the Sun Belt.

Flatline

Quote from: HawgAlude on January 06, 2013, 11:52:19 pm
Congrats to ASU, I look forward to John Thompson, JB Grimes, Tim Horton and Gus Malzhan coming to Fayetteville next season and kicking JL and BB in their carpet bagging arses.

sincerely Hawgalude.

idiot

DaddyBoarBucks

Why is this thread still here? And why in the world does it keep getting resurrected?

GolfNut57

Quote from: DaddyBoarBucks on January 10, 2013, 11:04:31 pm
Why is this thread still here? And why in the world does it keep getting resurrected?

If the last five posters, who were all razorback fans btw, hadn't clicked on it it would be buried on the second page still. Excluding my answer to you of course.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.