Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kent State vs. Arkansas State game thread

Started by Huckleberry Pig, January 06, 2013, 08:02:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckleberry Pig

didn't see one posted yet.  i know it's an arkansas board but i like to watch football regardless and we've done this for just about every other bowl. 

should be a high scoring game

HawgPilot

whats up with how the Kent coach folds the bill of his hat ??? ???

Tony Perkis

Huckleberry Pig

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

secfan30

I haven't paid much attention, who is coaching state in the bowl?

Tony Perkis

Quote from: secfan30 on January 06, 2013, 08:14:20 pm
I haven't paid much attention, who is coaching state in the bowl?
Who knows. I don't even know who their coach next year is.

idochog

Quote from: Buff on January 06, 2013, 08:14:20 pm

lololololololol i know, right?

stAte aint gonna get much love from me ever, especially on a HOG board
I love Jesus!

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Blue35

The_Bionic_Pig

John Thompson their future Defensive Coordinator
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

secfan30

Hawgphish

Is this the worst bowl?  It is too late in the bowl season and the kickoff is too late.

idahodian

Quote from: Hawgphish on January 06, 2013, 08:39:20 pm
Is this the worst bowl?  It is too late in the bowl season and the kickoff is too late.
My guess is, they wanted a time spot where they were not competing against another game. They found it.

AloRaptor

look who is playing in it and you will have your answer. ;D

hogninja

Come on Guys. Won't hurt to root for another ARK team. :razorback:

jfred59

bamaHOGfan13

What is there like 6 people in the stands? With Ark state closer than Kent state one would think their fans would travel well. I guess thats just the real Arkansas team fans.
Retired Air Force Veteran. 100% HOG fan!

BorderPatrol

Quote from: bamaHOGfan13 on January 06, 2013, 08:52:48 pm
What is there like 6 people in the stands? With Ark state closer than Kent state one would think their fans would travel well. I guess thats just the real Arkansas team fans.

They don't attend home games, what makes you folks think they would travel?

bp

jfred59

At least we can praise them for being in a Bowl game.  If Good Ole Gus was still there some of you would singing the praises

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bamaHOGfan13

Quote from: jfred59 on January 06, 2013, 09:01:57 pm
At least we can praise them for being in a Bowl game.  If Good Ole Gus was still there some of you would singing the praises

Not I.
Retired Air Force Veteran. 100% HOG fan!

jfred59

Quote from: bamaHOGfan13 on January 06, 2013, 09:03:39 pm
Not I.

I am an ASU grad  but I would not be singing them because of Gus.  Didnt like him on the hill and didnt like him at ASU

hoghevn

Kent State had to kick off from their own 10 yard line.  Arkansas State started their drive on Kent State's 39 yard line.  Then after not getting a down with ANY positive yardage has to punt from their own 49 yard line.  Couldn't even get close enough for a field goal after starting on the 39.  Sad........  And they insult the Hogs, make comments about how much better they are than the Hogs & how the Hogs are afraid to play them; blah, blah, blah.  I would hate to see one stat school emabarrass another state school that bad.

The_Bionic_Pig

Bring that Trophy back to the Natural State WOLVES!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Chestodrawers

Touchdown!!!!!  REDWOOLEFES!!! Always wanted to see that on this board!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: hogninja on January 06, 2013, 08:48:55 pm
Quote from: jfred59 on January 06, 2013, 08:51:28 pm
Some of you guys are real jerks

Just for these two posts I'm gonna use my credit card to send the refs some bonus money on behalf of the Flashes at halftime.  GO KENT STATE!!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

jfred59

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 06, 2013, 09:15:07 pm

Just for these two posts I'm gonna use my credit card to send the refs some bonus money on behalf of the Flashes at halftime.  GO KENT STATE!!

If these are SEC refs they will be glad to take your money

Albert Einswine

jfred59

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

craighog

Albert Einswine

Quote from: jfred59 on January 06, 2013, 09:24:37 pm
Especially Curles or good ole Penn

You can't use foul language like that on the board! 8)

Chestodrawers

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!     REDWOOLEFES!!!!!!!  Twice on the Hog network!! What fun!

hogwild32

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Am I the only one unimpressed with Spencer Keith? I know he's an Arkansas kid and all, but Aplin is definitely the better QB. Not saying that just based on this game. I have seen both play 2-3 games this season.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Chestodrawers

Quote from: hogwild32 on January 06, 2013, 09:32:46 pm
What is a Redwoolefe?
Thats how we spell stuff over here in the east bottoms. Ain't you heard bout our schools?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jfred59 on January 06, 2013, 09:01:57 pm
Yeah but didn't you remember that Hugh Freeze was actually on St. Gus's staff back in '11? I'm sure glad I watched the Ole Miss/Pitt game yesterday to be informed of that by the announcers.....

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Quote from: jfred59 on January 06, 2013, 09:24:37 pm
Especially Curles or good ole Penn

You mean Curles, Moe and Larry and Penn Wagers (on the other team)?
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

josh_sec33

Quote from: HawgPilot on January 06, 2013, 08:04:37 pm
whats up with how the Kent coach folds the bill of his hat ??? ???

Forget that. What is up with the painted eyes on the front of the Kent St. helmets? Batesian Mimicry at its worst?
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Poop Hoggy Hogg

six fans in the stadium? Are we watching the same game? Other than a few spots in the endzones, it looks pretty full at a-state's game. Gotta admit that this game seems to have much better attendance than most other bowl games I've seen this season.

jfred59

secfan30

Quote from: hogninja on January 06, 2013, 08:48:55 pm

I always root for other Arkansas teams, but the major [CENSORED] envy by ASU fans makes it rough to root for them. At least UCA fans (the ones I know) love the hogs too.

idochog

If ASU would be happy building their own reputation w/o the help of the Hogs, I might root for them.

Their effort to bring themselves UP while trying to do it pulling the Hogs down, will NEVER allow me to root for them.

They will get to play usif /when they ever do something of significance on their own. Problem is, they can't do it
I love Jesus!

elksnort

Hogfaniam

no free tickets
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

DaddyBoarBucks

Your eyes need checked. Small stadium really small crowd.

hogman64

this could be the most boring bowl game of the year...the kent state offense is so bad ASU doesnt mind letting them start from the 40 each time..

elksnort

Interesting, Kent State beat Rutgers did they not.

Most of you people aren't half the Razorback I am, but I have enough sense to pull for an in state team. 

188fw_FyngRzrbk

Quote from: hogman64 on January 06, 2013, 10:22:56 pm
this could be the most boring bowl game of the year...the kent state offense is so bad ASU doesnt mind letting them start from the 40 each time..

You've got that right, and I've watched a TON of cfb over the past couple of weeks.  This one is a real yawner, but it's football.  Aw heck, who am I kidding, I'm thinking about just going to bed rather than force the agony of the remainder of this game upon myself.
Be professional, be courteous, be polite and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.