Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stAte AD calls out JL @ Ark (little rock club)

Started by Mike Shelton, September 27, 2012, 08:36:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

astate

Oh my goodness.  Please get off this subject.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on September 27, 2012, 08:43:19 am
Oh, I'm sure stAte would LOVE to start one now as we start rebulding. Interesting time to come out and officially say you want to start a "rivalry".

No. There will NEVER be a "rivalry" between our schools. It would only be a game.

This isn't Michigan/MSU. This isn't Ole Miss/MissST.

The disparity between the two teams is too great.

Sorry stAte, you went about this the wrong way. If you wanted a game, you should have approached Jeff Long about it, not took it public.

Go suck eggs.

We have bigger, more important issues right now than you.

And we probably always will.

Good luck through the rest of your season, which is what you SHOULD be focusing on now, anyway. What a silly, silly time to bring this up.

Isn't it interesting how only ONE school keeps begging to play the other one. It is ALWAYS the little brother. If it was so important to Big Brother then they would play.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Mike Shelton on September 27, 2012, 08:36:25 am
Said its time to have a "in border" rivalry.. ill get the link once its available. 
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: THOUGHTS???
If ASU wants to play us, they just get their big boy pants on and join the SEC.  Then they can play us.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

EXSPAHOG

What about a scrimmage against UAPB? I could never see playing ASU, but UAPB would let us 1. keep money in state 2. P Off ASU 3. Do something for another member of the UA system - if the money actually made it to the school and wasn't diverted or ....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: nwarazfan on September 27, 2012, 04:28:26 pm
This system works too.  We pay ULM.  Alabama pays WKU.  Miss St pays Middle Tennessee St.  Tennessee pays Troy. 

And ASU gets paid BIG to go play others...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

fsrider

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 27, 2012, 09:31:17 am
It's rebuilding when the staff is pretty much packed it in for the season and you do realize next year we lose a ton of experienced players right? 

We might have a better record next year depending on the coach we get because our record this year will probably be no better than 5-7 maybe 6-6 and how fast he can recruit because the defense will suck just like it sucks now and the offense will get a lot worse. Right now it's pretty good as long as Tyler Wilson is healthy.  He goes out and we suck on both sides of the field.   
what games are you guys counting as wins?   we've had 4 home games and we are 1-3.   that leave way too many road games for this team and this secondary.  Ole Miss, A&M, Tulsa are pass happy and probably giddy.  MS State, LSU, will just line up and knock us down.   how do we get 3-4 wins from this poorly coached team.  poor Tyler

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on September 27, 2012, 09:35:47 am
I have always been against playing stAte in the past, and still am really.  I do try to keep an open mind on the subject though.  My question is this:

How much is stAte willing to pay the UofA to get this game.  That must be taken into consideration in my opinion.  I mean they want it so bad, maybe they need to open the check book.

Now there is an interesting take....................

Psharp

Quote from: IndianaHog on September 27, 2012, 03:14:29 pm
I'm a senior here at Indiana University but I was born and raised in Southern Arkansas.  Anyways here at IU they play Ball State which is a MAC school AND Indiana State a MVC school.  Notre Dame and Purdue are the other state schools IU competes with for recruits but they don't act high and mighty like they can't play other state schools.  Same as Ohio State and Illinois they play state schools. Hell Michigan State played Eastern AND Western Michigan.  Before somebody calls me a big 10 homer or whatever I went to a school to be closer to my family.
Typical Razorneck fans who are arrogant, conceited, self-centered, smug, & crazed fanatics. And then there's the idiotic moron from Fayetteville who assaults a foreign dignitary. What a dangerous & foolhardy stunt.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DrSwineESQ on September 27, 2012, 08:53:55 am
He's saying this now because there's blood in the water, razorback fans are disillusioned, many are angry, and he has a coach in Jboro that a lot of hog fans members of one specific church like (though, I'm not one of them).   The stAte AD is just trying to draw attention to stAte.   He knows JL isn't interested in a rivalry--JL said that again yesterday.   You can expect, if stAte beats ULM tonight, that the crowing in Jboro will just get louder.

FIFY

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: my3boneheads on September 27, 2012, 10:29:18 am
I'm sure ASU would take 1.3 million and play at Fayetteville every couple of years.

I'm sure they would. BUT will ASU pay the HOGS 1.3 million to play.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on September 27, 2012, 04:35:05 pm
If ASU wants to play us, they just get their big boy pants on and join the SEC.  Then they can play us.

They had their chance to play us in basketball in 1994 and 1995...we were waiting for them in the NCAA finals, but.....

whirlwind

I think I remember stAte having stickers that said  " how long will the hogs run" referring to the basketball team until stAte was beaten in the NIT, don't remember the year.

nwarazfan

Quote from: whirlwind on September 27, 2012, 05:01:38 pm
I think I remember stAte having stickers that said  " how long will the hogs run" referring to the basketball team until stAte was beaten in the NIT, don't remember the year.

They brought them out when Lacewell had some good football teams in the 80s too. 

tbhogfan

Amazing how stAte never brings up the "rivalry" when the Hogs are in the middle of a winning season.
Go Hogs!

BartIV

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2012, 04:21:19 pm
It is NOT the UA athletic departments job to help ASU fund their athletic budget. They go out of state and play teams to fund their meager budget. No problem.
Is it a job for the UoA athletic department to help fun the Athletic budget of ULM and give them a win???
What did Arkansas pay ULM again to play them and lose???

BartIV

Quote from: tbhogfan on September 27, 2012, 05:19:52 pm
Amazing how stAte never brings up the "rivalry" when the Hogs are in the middle of a winning season.
They leave that up to the fans who believe in a good instate rivalry game.

chiefsfan

4 pages?

Tell me, every time someone within our administration makes a comment about "the game" will there be a 4-5 page response on this board?

I certainly hope not, because that would be a lot of threads.   The new edict from above appears to be to do whatever possible to challenge Arkansas in the state media.   Malzahn's done it, Welch has done it, Mohajir has done it, Brady's done it, Its going to continue.

New boss...new times.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Thats by force.

When Arkansas wins, Arkansas coaches focus heavily on national recruiting and will sometimes ignore those instate 3-4 stars in favor of a 5 star out of Texas.   ASU is at a point now that we can beat out most out of state BCS schools for an Arkansas player, but we are not near that point yet with the Razorbacks.   When Arkansas wins, our recruiting is often easier.

When Arkansas is losing, all of the sudden those Texas 5 stars arent so interested anymore, and you guys are forced to go after those instate players, leaving us in last minute recruiting battles.  So instead we take it to the media, and attempt to beat Arkansas in the court of public opinion. We make statements indicating we are here to compete and show our recruits we wont back down from anyone.

We'd play you any old year, but its much more important to push the out dated policy past recruits in a year when Arkansas is struggling, then it is when you are going 10-2.

I can almost guarantee you that we are using the policy and your coaching disaster against you in recruiting this year.  Most any program in the country would certainly be using the latter.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 27, 2012, 05:36:19 pm
It was actually $950,000. The UA didn't bother to tell anybody they had upped the payment going into this season.
Did anybody "FOIA" it?

asuwon

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 27, 2012, 12:49:06 pmULM and Troy are usually better than ASU anyway.

ASU has a 7-5 record against Troy.

ASU has a 19-14 record against ULM.

So... I'm calling bs.

(notOM)Rebel123

Okay folks...some people think they should play...others say they shouldn't. Jeff Long says it ain't happening right now. So for goodness sakes, let it go!!! Hogs need to worry about A&M and ASU needs to worry about WKU.

LZH

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 27, 2012, 04:57:02 pm
Nope...$500,000 but ULM got to count attendance figures.
http://blogs.nwaonline.com/slophouse/2012/09/04/arkansas-ulm-in-final-year-of-unique-contract/

Oops.  Well, get your info from TV and you're on your own.  So, did Auburn pay them $1.1M or did they count attendance as well?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BartIV on September 27, 2012, 05:27:30 pm
Is it a job for the UoA athletic department to help fun the Athletic budget of ULM and give them a win???
What did Arkansas pay ULM again to play them and lose???

ULM asked nice. ASU never does. They think they deserve to play. ULM is thankful to play.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 27, 2012, 07:37:30 pm
Okay folks...some people think they should play...others say they shouldn't. Jeff Long says it ain't happening right now. So for goodness sakes, let it go!!! Hogs need to worry about A&M and ASU needs to worry about WKU.

We DO let it go until some idiot ASU drunk brings it up on a HOG board occasionally.

(notOM)Rebel123

September 27, 2012, 07:43:24 pm #175 Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:45:01 pm by (notOM)Rebel123
Quote from: LedZepHog on September 27, 2012, 07:39:33 pm
Oops.  Well, get your info from TV and you're on your own.  So, did Auburn pay them $1.1M or did they count attendance as well?
Quote from: LedZepHog on September 27, 2012, 07:39:33 pm

Didn't get my info. From TV...don't care what Auburn paid ULM. If you want to keep arguing over a game that Jeff Long says won't happen anytime soon, go ahead. Might as well be discussing Arkansas vs. UAPB. Enjoy!

redeye

If you guys don't care, then why bother replying to the thread?

The only reason I'm replying is because I accidentally clicked on it. Honestly!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: redeye on September 27, 2012, 07:52:26 pm
If you guys don't care, then why bother replying to the thread?

The only reason I'm replying is because I accidentally clicked on it. Honestly!

Because it's on a HOG board. If they bring it on here they deserve everything they get..........

!HuAsTuEcRk!

dsims2k3

Although I am a Razorback fan myself, some of you other guys' pride come off as arrogance. With the state the football program is in right now, there is no room to act that way. Given the situation, stAte could very well beat the Hogs this season. Its very intriguing dicussion.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: dsims2k3 on September 27, 2012, 08:17:01 pm
Given the situation, stAte could very well beat the Hogs this season. Its very intriguing dicussion.

That's normally when the Jumpin' Joes, ooops Red Wolves, howl the loudest about playing.

arkansastrack

Here is the question that I would like answered:

What are ASU's expectations of any potential matchup in football?
-- Home and home??? Ridiculous not going to happen
-- Game at WMS with 50-50 split?? No way
-- Game at WMS with ASU getting more than the normal allotment of visitor tickets?? Not happening

The ONLY way this WILL ever happen is if
1. The game is in Fayetteville just like any other "rent a win" game
2. ASU gets the same number or tickets that Fayetteville supplies "rent a wins"
3. It will not be an every year thing
4. They will be not be paid near as much as what Oregon or Nebraska paid them
5. The UA is the one to approach ASU not the other way around

I honestly don't see what the benefit for either school would be in the long term. Arkansas won't pay ASU as much money -- ASU loses money
Arkansas fans won't be as likely to support ASU as some do now -- ASU loses "fans"

If they were to ever play in Fayetteville it would eventually turn into ASU wanting to play a game in LR...Then they will want a 50-50 split in LR...Then they will want a home and home...

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: arkansastrack on September 27, 2012, 10:47:12 pm
Here is the question that I would like answered:

What are ASU's expectations of any potential matchup in football?
-- Home and home??? Ridiculous not going to happen
-- Game at WMS with 50-50 split?? No way
-- Game at WMS with ASU getting more than the normal allotment of visitor tickets?? Not happening

The ONLY way this WILL ever happen is if
1. The game is in Fayetteville just like any other "rent a win" game
2. ASU gets the same number or tickets that Fayetteville supplies "rent a wins"
3. It will not be an every year thing
4. They will be not be paid near as much as what Oregon or Nebraska paid them
5. The UA is the one to approach ASU not the other way around

I honestly don't see what the benefit for either school would be in the long term. Arkansas won't pay ASU as much money -- ASU loses money
Arkansas fans won't be as likely to support ASU as some do now -- ASU loses "fans"

If they were to ever play in Fayetteville it would eventually turn into ASU wanting to play a game in LR...Then they will want a 50-50 split in LR...Then they will want a home and home...

Exactly. Correct on all counts. +1

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....but what would be soooo wrong with Scott Faldon's idea?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Sivad

Quote from: chiefsfan on September 27, 2012, 06:45:59 pm

The new edict from above appears to be to do whatever possible to challenge Arkansas in the state media.   Malzahn's done it, Welch has done it, Mohajir has done it, Brady's done it, Its going to continue.

Of that, we have no doubt.
"Challenging Arkansas" is the tired but oh so constant mantra of poor little J-town State.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Mike Shelton on September 27, 2012, 08:36:25 am
Said its time to have a "in border" rivalry.. ill get the link once its available. 
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: THOUGHTS???

UAPB, UCA, and UA Monticello are available....they don't want any Boll Weevils....

The Golfer

What play the arkansas state jr collage???  i think UCA would be a good start for them....theres a good instate game for your team!!!! :puke: :puke:

Brian35

Might be a good idea to play instate!! We are having a little bit of trouble playing outstate teams!!
We might have couple more W's..  :razorback:

Hog inAustin

Seems always to become a topic when the Hogs are down.  There is no rivalry, will be no rivalry. Enuff said.  WPS!

average fan

I think a game with A-State in Little Rock as a benefit for Childrens Hospital is a fabulous idea. I'd absolutely be willing to pay an extra five or ten bucks per ticket for the fundraiser. I'm not sure,but I suspect that the entire ticket would be tax deductible as a charitable donation. This is a fantastic idea that needs to develop legs! This might also help remove some of the stink that is starting to permeate not only the Hog program,but all of college football.

GreenwayTigerHog

September 28, 2012, 07:55:50 am #190 Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:58:03 am by GreenwayTigerHog

You just haven't been paying attention.  There was probably at least 1 thread per month each year for the last few that I've been around.

That's pretty much where all my smites have come from.

bighog77

HogSophist

Quote from: BartIV on September 27, 2012, 03:24:53 pm
I am a huge razorback fan, but the idea that they won't play arkansas state because it doesn't benefit them, does not benefit the state of arkansas.

Its sad that they have to be that way. Lets play a ULM or tulsa or rutgers, or whatever team they play because it is a easy wiin, but then lose.

so?

keep beating the drum.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

bighog77

Quote from: !HuAsTuEcRk! on September 27, 2012, 08:04:57 pm
The only team in Arkansas that will beat ULM...  ;)

A team that could barely beat memphis.

Sooie-cidal

It is only a rivalry if we assume the teams are equals. Just as we have no rivalry against any other Sun Belt team, we have no rivalry with Ark State because they are not equals. Go play Henderson or UAPB they are your equal.
Quote from: Arthur Dick Ranney on September 24, 2012, 10:10:16 pm
well that is 7 more wins than this team is going to get eistinen

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: Sooie-cidal on September 28, 2012, 10:39:04 am
It is only a rivalry if we assume the teams are equals. Just as we have no rivalry against any other Sun Belt team, we have no rivalry with Ark State because they are not equals. Go play Henderson or UAPB they are your equal.

ugh have you not watched us this year?  UAPB will give us all we want