Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why didnt Jonathan Adams sign with the Hogs?

Started by rangertaunton, February 25, 2011, 02:52:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Root66

Quote from: elviscat on March 04, 2011, 01:46:05 pm
Who gives a S--t?

The people who made 49 other posts in this thread before you added your stupid schit comment.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Yes it was harold james and he went to bama but didnt play much if any..  It was to get james and mosley but we ended up with Bo..  Adams was already at ASU.. 

The story i got was that Adams didnt make high enough on his ACT but still got into Astate somehow.. 

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Root66 on February 26, 2011, 08:13:08 pm
Back to Jonathan Adams...wasn't Logan Young, the Alabama sugar daddy booster, who was tried and found guilty in the illegal recruitment of the Memphis lineman also involved in the recruitment of Adams? Yesteryears version of Cam Newton.

Young pumped thousands of dollars into a weight room at Osceola High School.
Logan Young lived in Memphis, but was originally from Osceola. He was a huge Alabama booster. He was personal friends with Bear Bryant and gave tons of money to Bama athletic program.

He did "buy" Albert Means, a lineman at Trezevant High School in Memphis, so to speak for Alabama. He paid Means' high school coach Lynn Lang something like 150K to ensure that Albert signed with Alabama. Means never saw a dime of the money. Lang kept it all and didnt let one of his assistants have any of it and that assistant knew everything that was going on. So....the assistant blew the whistle. Means was of course ruled ineligible at Bama and ended up playing at Memphis.

So I am sure Young was involved with Adams recruitment and it makes sense that he pumped money into Osceola's athletic program. He probably did all he could to get him to go to Bama, but he ended up at A-State

Root66

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on March 08, 2011, 11:44:09 am
Logan Young lived in Memphis, but was originally from Osceola. He was a huge Alabama booster. He was personal friends with Bear Bryant and gave tons of money to Bama athletic program.

He did "buy" Albert Means, a lineman at Trezevant High School in Memphis, so to speak for Alabama. He paid Means' high school coach Lynn Lang something like 150K to ensure that Albert signed with Alabama. Means never saw a dime of the money. Lang kept it all and didnt let one of his assistants have any of it and that assistant knew everything that was going on. So....the assistant blew the whistle. Means was of course ruled ineligible at Bama and ended up playing at Memphis.

So I am sure Young was involved with Adams recruitment and it makes sense that he pumped money into Osceola's athletic program. He probably did all he could to get him to go to Bama, but he ended up at A-State

And Logan Young finally got his come uppance. He fell down his own winding staircase in his fancy Memphis home and broke his own neck. Cops thought he was murdered but after the investigation and autopsy it was ruled an accidental death.

Big Papa Satan

March 08, 2011, 01:32:23 pm #55 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:35:56 pm by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: secneahog on March 02, 2011, 09:58:36 am
Yeah i remember when Bo Shrable a stud middle linebacker/fullback from walnut ridge get a apt in Osceola. An played for the Seminoles an went to ASU.

Shrable played for them for ONE semester, then hi-tailed it back to WR so he could graduate.  I remember that darn very well.

Osceola was crooked as hell back in the day.  You'll never convince me for one second that Harold James going to Alabama wasn't something that Logan Young (of the soon to be Logan Young Fieldhouse at Osceola) had cooked up.  Not to mention James couldn't pass the ACT, goes to Tuscaloosa and comes up with a score in the 20's.  Bullllllll darn.

Big Papa Satan

NathanArizona

Who cares? Take this off the recruiting form!

hogwild32

Quote from: NathanArizona on March 08, 2011, 05:36:49 pm
Who cares? Take this off the recruiting form!

In Root's words: The 54 other replies in this 2 page thread that posted before you.

Why do you have your panties in a wad?  One of the mentioned football players get your highschool sweetheart pregnant?

I've enjoyed reading this thread.  If you dont, dont click on it.

stchane

Bump. Seeing korliss Marshall on the sidelines tonight had me looking into his dad and I came across this thread. I was happy to see my thoughts on Orlando green in there.
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

HogFoo

Quote from: stchane on September 08, 2013, 01:31:48 am
Bump. Seeing korliss Marshall on the sidelines tonight had me looking into his dad and I came across this thread. I was happy to see my thoughts on Orlando green in there.
I saw someone say that Korliss marshall's dad was Jonathan adams.  Is that true?
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

hoghiker

Quote from: HogFoo on September 08, 2013, 01:29:16 pm
I saw someone say that Korliss marshall's dad was Jonathan adams.  Is that true?
Hogville has audio. Christ, I want that app. Insult, name calling and slander are much better with a voice tied to a name.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

I'm banking on it right now.  Alyssa Orange will be the first media member to ask Korliss about his relationship with his Dad.

It will be very awkward.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on September 08, 2013, 07:45:00 pm
I'm banking on it right now.  Alyssa Orange will be the first media member to ask Korliss about his relationship with his Dad.

It will be very awkward.

Do they have a bad relationship?
Good thread.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."