Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memories..... short but oh so.... sweet...

Started by DLUXHOG, April 17, 2015, 06:42:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Theolesnort

There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Shrevepork

RE: 78 Orange Bowl
I remember reading an article where Coach Holtz was asked how he fired-up the team because they ran onto the field from the locker room like wild men. Coach replied that he had told them that the last 11 out of the tunnel would have to start.

Hawgzinbowlz

Barry and Co. didn't know what hit them...until it was over.

I can still see the TV shot of Barry, Billy and Elvis on the sideline, in the 4th quarter and the looks on their faces reflected that the 1977-1978 season would not go down as another National Championship for the boomers... WOOO  PIG  SOOIE

" GO HOGS "

gmarv

thanks for the link.what a great walk down memories lane.i had bet my wifes sisters boyfriend (don,t remember how much) do remember the smugness he had about easy money he had made.i haven,t had many sweeter experiences in than winning that bet.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Shrevepork on April 18, 2015, 06:08:53 am
RE: 78 Orange Bowl
I remember reading an article where Coach Holtz was asked how he fired-up the team because they ran onto the field from the locker room like wild men. Coach replied that he had told them that the last 11 out of the tunnel would have to start.

I remember an interview with the OU QB who also wore a head bandana.   The sportscaster asked him why he wore the bandana and he said "pub, man, for pub"....   It was obvious that most of the OU team was taking the game very lightly since we were double digit underdogs.........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)