Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyler Wilson to try out w

Started by pigheaded, April 16, 2015, 06:21:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigheaded

My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

TheRazorbackGuy

I thought he was doing sports radio in Fort Smith area ??? ??? ???

The NewEra

Quote from: pigheaded on April 16, 2015, 06:21:22 pm
Chicago Bears

I sure hope Tyler makes it back in the pro's.  He gave so much to the Razorbacks.  I would like to see him finally have an NFL career.  He seems like a really special young man.

RedyorNot

I doubt he'll ever be a starter in the league, but being a backup still pays pretty well.

jacobp

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 16, 2015, 06:28:39 pm
I'm sure he's really torn as to which he'd rather do.

jgphillips3

The best job in the world has to be career backup QB.  You get to keep your health by not getting killed out there, still have the prestige of being in the NFL and get a nice salary to hold a clipboard.  Then, maybe you get to play a little football here and there.

hoghearted

Good luck, Tyler! We're pulling for you.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

PORKULATOR

The Bears can shove themselves... Uhm.. Inside of themselves... Yeah that
But... I hope Tyler gets the attention of some teams from this. He was a good Hog and I'd like to see his hard work and effort pay off.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RedyorNot on April 16, 2015, 06:47:16 pm
I doubt he'll ever be a starter in the league, but being a backup still pays pretty well.

Yep

31to6

Quote from: PORKULATOR on April 16, 2015, 09:00:17 pm
The Bears can shove themselves... Uhm.. Inside of themselves... Yeah that
But... I hope Tyler gets the attention of some teams from this. He was a good Hog and I'd like to see his hard work and effort pay off.
My loyalty to ex-Hogs transcends my NFL loyalties.

pigture perfect

I would love for him to be the popular man in Chicago. I don't like the Bears, but I'd sure pull for him.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Smalltownhog95

Why does every hog I ever love end up with teams I HATE.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

bennyl08

How does anyone hate the Bears, unless they grew up in Wisonsin or Minnesotta?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ChitownHawg

Quote from: pigheaded on April 16, 2015, 06:21:22 pm
Chicago Bears

Who is reporting this as I'm not hearing a word of this in the Windy City?

If the report is accurate it would be cool. John Fox has taken some no name QBs and turned them into success. Tyler needs a lucky break to prolong his NFL career.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

pigheaded

My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

Hogfly

Would love to see him at least play long enough to qualify for the pension and annuity program.

twistitup

HF#1

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 16, 2015, 06:28:39 pm

He is but he is still trying to get on a team somewhere.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogcard1964

Makes sense.

Cutler who's on shaky ground and then the garbage QB from Notre Dame-Clausen.

He'll play there.

HappyHogFan

Good luck Tyler. Personally I don't think he's NFL caliber, nor do I care, he's an excellent example of the best UA has to offer either way.

dropkickd9

If Tyler's Mom can be considered a source it is happening.  He's gonna get a shot..

wholehog92

As a Bears fan, some o yall can shush.

I'd love to have Tyler as a backup.  Hope he does well and impresses them enough to get a long term shot at it.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

East TN HAWG

Tyler gave Arkansas everything he had.  He had a little trouble early on transitioning from the Greenwood offense to ours, but once he did he was very good.  Hopefully, his transition from college to the NFL will improve, and he will progress on a path similar to what he did here.  He seems like a good kid, and I would love to see him succeed.

Hogfly

Does he only have 1 year as an active member of a roster?

If he can get two more years, then he's in the running for pension. If he can get 3 more years, then he'll get the annuity. Those are things that can have a major effect on a person's life.

jackflash

I think Cutler could be traded. Will depend on how much of his salary the Bears are willing to eat

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: wholehog92 on April 17, 2015, 11:16:20 am
As a Bears fan, some o yall can shush.

I'd love to have Tyler as a backup.  Hope he does well and impresses them enough to get a long term shot at it.

1.  He's a Hog, and I want him to do well for ANY team.
2.  I think he's better than some of you apparently do, and should latch on somewhere.
3.  I don't understand the Bears hate either, 92.   Don't you either have to be a rival or RELEVANT to deserve hate?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

wholehog92

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on April 17, 2015, 11:30:39 am
1.  He's a Hog, and I want him to do well for ANY team.
2.  I think he's better than some of you apparently do, and should latch on somewhere.
3.  I don't understand the Bears hate either, 92.   Don't you either have to be a rival or RELEVANT to deserve hate?

Absolutely correct.  I guess most of these cowboy fans do have some envy.  We've been to the superbowl as often as they've been to the playoffs in the last 10 years.  I can see how that would create some envy.  Actually winning some playoff games is probably tough for them to see.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

phadedhawg

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

woodrow hog call

I had hoped he would get a tryout with them. They were desperate at the end of the season, seems like they called Grossman and he said no thanks I ve got plans this weekend, or something like that.

If a guy gets in enough camps or tryouts with teams, he never knows when somebody might call him up , because he already knows their system a little.

Good luck Tyler.

ps: Go in there with a headband on an some mirrored sunglasses
chewing gum like crazy, they will have to sign you.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Pigsfeat

I felt that Tyler gave up a lot to play for the Hogs one more year. If he had left before the JLS fiasco, he would have been drafted earlier and therefore given a better chance at playing time. Just my opinion. :-\
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Pigsfeat on April 17, 2015, 06:10:32 pm
I felt that Tyler gave up a lot to play for the Hogs one more year. If he had left before the JLS fiasco, he would have been drafted earlier and therefore given a better chance at playing time. Just my opinion. :-\

Not if the team drafting him were still the Raiders. That is one screwed up team. Now what did surprise me was Tyler was given a long hard look by the Raiders. He was having issues. I don't recall what they were but remember the reports coming out of the Raider camp at that time was he was not looking good.

He is intelligent, mobile, and accurate, so I'm not sure why he cannot make a roster. Something isn't right. Maybe as simple as his confidence has been shakened.

If he is getting looked at by the Bears there is a #2 and 3 spot available. Clausen did well under Tressman so I can see him making the cut, but the 3rd stringer I believe Tyler could beat out. Then with a good QB coach could help him regain his confidence if that is the problem.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

twistitup

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

dacskc

According to Twitter, it appears the training camp invitation is now official. Good luck to Tyler.

micali

From the morning show he is signing with Da Bears.  That's straight from the horses mouth. Good for him.

EXSPAHOG

Dan Hampton should be a reason to have the Bears on your "Teams I kinda like" list

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: micali on April 20, 2015, 06:24:54 am
From the morning show he is signing with Da Bears.  That's straight from the horses mouth. Good for him.

Awesome... Exactly why I pulled up this thread... +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

twistitup

I bet the signing was approved by

Ditka

Mike Irwin

Athog

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 17, 2015, 12:18:05 am

Everyone likes lovable losers!!

hogcard1964

Quote from: Athog on April 21, 2015, 03:42:53 pm
Everyone likes lovable losers!!

That's the Cubs. The Bears are usually competitive.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: EXSPAHOG on April 20, 2015, 09:07:32 am
Dan Hampton should be a reason to have the Bears on your "Teams I kinda like" list

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

hawgmasta

So TW Samuels will be backing up the Cutlery Train? Sounds good to me.  :razorback:

havok

Dowell Loggains is the QB coach for the Bears isn't he??. 

Hogarusa

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 17, 2015, 12:18:05 am

I don't like them because they aren't the team I root for.  The Cubs are so unlikeable that some of the dislike spills into other Chicago sports teams.  There isn't anyone on the starting roster I like.  Not a fan of Fox either.  Chicago does have great music festivals though.

Good luck to Tyler.  Chicago is a good spot but I don't believe Tyler has a realistic shot of making the regular season roster.  glad to see he is still chasing the dream though.  No harm there
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hoginator

April 21, 2015, 09:30:03 pm #49 Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:49:12 pm by hoginator
Best wishes to Tyler...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...