Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat Selections

Started by PRORODEO51, April 15, 2015, 01:55:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PRORODEO51

I thought this was the week that football seat selection appointments were being sent out to season ticket holders. Anyone know?

snoblind

If you are renewing and not trying to improve location season ticket holders knew where they were sitting the minute they ordered.  Not sure about the rest, but it seems it might take longer than a couple of weeks to sort the upgrades out.

Athog

I think appointments will be sent out in May.

jbu5

I spoke to the Foundation today. The mail and email for seat selection times will be sent out the week of April 19th.

PRORODEO51

popcornhog

Quote from: PRORODEO51 on April 15, 2015, 01:55:49 pm
I thought this was the week that football seat selection appointments were being sent out to season ticket holders. Anyone know?

Appointment times should be sent out next week.
WPS

madxbayhog

Anyone received their selection appt date yet?

lrar4hogs

Quote from: madxbayhog on April 24, 2015, 09:55:30 pm
Yes.  Came in the mail and email today.  I decided to improve my seats this year.  I have been sitting in Pig Heaven for the last 5 years.  Thinking about moving to the club level or just move to a different Pig Heaven location. 

mrs. hawgndodge

Quote from: madxbayhog on April 24, 2015, 09:55:30 pm

May 7th. 5pm.  We'll see what happens.

PRORODEO51

hobhog

Quote from: PRORODEO51 on April 27, 2015, 05:33:01 pm
May 11th...11:28...

11th at 5:30.

Tusk Hog. Love to go to east outdoor club but guessing no way..,,,

hoginla

September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

HogtoberFest

Anyone know when the first appointments start?  Looked at available seats yesterday and worried there won't be much left by the 8th.

nationwish

I doubt those are the only seats open. I imagine the grid you are seeing will reset at least somewhat once the appointments start.

arky37

May 4th at 11 AM. Options are looking pretty dreadful, but that isn't exactly a bad thing. Just means that when we have bama, lsu, and florida all at home next year we will see higher ticket prices for the first time in several years.

HogsArePeopleToo

My appointment is May 8 as well.  I looked at seats available yesterday...and my sense was that there was a lot of availability.  Including availability in the prime sections (I didnt look at the south end zone)....if you were inclined to step up to the required contribution levels.  Given that the appointments are based on priority.....my view was also that the activity that will be occuring in the first week (or weeks) will be people with good seats looking to improve.  Such that any movement would also likely open up seats that are currently showing as taken.  Agree? 

arky37

I agree with that. Basically if you aren't trying for east club seats or west side bleachers there will be availability. I will say, however, that BMS donors will all be hard put to upgrade this year at all. Another thing to consider is that most member levels are now being allotted two additional priority seats. I know I will definitely be buying 2 more west side bleacher seats, and know others who plan to do the same.

thirrdegreetusker

I had season tickets for 35+ years. But last year was the best seats ever....my living room. Much better selection of food and beverage, too.

tasteslikechicken

Just checked the site and it looks like the seat selections are in progress. Hope there is some good choices left on May 8 about 4:24pm. Im not going to hold my breath though.

tasteslikechicken

Quote from: HogsArePeopleToo on April 29, 2015, 02:03:03 pm
Given that the appointments are based on priority.....my view was also that the activity that will be occuring in the first week (or weeks) will be people with good seats looking to improve.  Such that any movement would also likely open up seats that are currently showing as taken.  Agree?

I sure hope it works out like this.

kevinagee

I'm in the outdoor Club South end zone. There are fewer available seats to improve this year than last year. So just an FYI looks like most South End zone season ticket holders re upped for 2015.

No new word on the expansion of the North end zone to the pictures yet.

mrdacheek

I'm anxious to see if anything is available by the time my selection time comes up on the 14th. Fingers crossed I'll be able to get something decent. Bad thing is my productivity is going to be nil until then checking on the progress.

Omahabound

Do any of you guys mind sharing your giving classification? Im Wild Hog and select on May 11th...Just wondering about some of you guys. Im at the bottom Wild Hog. Hoping for some decent seats but starting to get a little nervous.

mrdacheek

Wild Hog first year donor, selection is May 13th. Nervous excitement as well. I'm hoping that most of the people selecting early, as mentioned above, will be much higher donors therefore not considering the seats I'd be ok with. I'd be fine with anything in the lower bowl save the obstructed view seats.

Omahabound

Quote from: mrdacheek on May 03, 2015, 01:04:13 pm
Wild Hog first year donor, selection is May 13th. Nervous excitement as well. I'm hoping that most of the people selecting early, as mentioned above, will be much higher donors therefore not considering the seats I'd be ok with. I'd be fine with anything in the lower bowl save the obstructed view seats.

Man I would check your date and class again. Earlier you said the 14th, now you are saying the 13th.
However my bigger concern would be your class. You said you are a " new Wild Hog " donor. Which in theory means you would pick before any tush hog donors. Priority points are within class. So even if you are the last " wild hog " you would be ahead of the first tush hog.
My point is I personally know tush hogs picking on May 12th. May wanna double check.

HogtoberFest

I'm Wild Hog. 797/1117

My appointment is on 5/8 at 4:07.

Omahabound

May 03, 2015, 03:47:03 pm #26 Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:24:39 pm by Therazorbackrealist
Quote from: HogtoberFest on May 03, 2015, 03:15:05 pm
I'm Wild Hog. 797/1117

My appointment is on 5/8 at 4:07.
That makes sense. I'm 5/11@ 9:44.
959/1117

PRORODEO51

Tush Hog #550  May11th  11:28

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Therazorbackrealist on May 03, 2015, 01:35:21 pm
Man I would check your date and class again. Earlier you said the 14th, now you are saying the 13th.
However my bigger concern would be your class. You said you are a " new Wild Hog " donor. Which in theory means you would pick before any tush hog donors. Priority points are within class. So even if you are the last " wild hog " you would be ahead of the first tush hog.
My point is I personally know tush hogs picking on May 12th. May wanna double check.

You get points for consecutive years of donating.

mrdacheek

Quote from: Therazorbackrealist on May 03, 2015, 01:35:21 pm

Good observation and thanks for looking out. You are correct my class is Big Hog not Wild and I have no idea where the 14th came into play in my mind.

So for certain, Big Hog on the 13th at 5:34pm.

Omahabound

Quote from: Hog Pharm on May 03, 2015, 05:43:15 pm
You get points for consecutive years of donating.
Correct
But a wild hog with 20 points still picks above a tush hog with 3K points.however it sounds he figred it out..

Omahabound

Quote from: mrdacheek on May 03, 2015, 06:41:06 pm
Good observation and thanks for looking out. You are correct my class is Big Hog not Wild and I have no idea where the 14th came into play in my mind.

So for certain, Big Hog on the 13th at 5:34pm.
No problem! Just making sure..

nationwish

So it seems that instead of a consistent amount of time between appointments, donors at higher levels are spread out a little more, and as you get lower on the list appointments will come faster. That makes sense if that is actually the case.

Uncle SI

I'm a tush hog. I pick on the 12th, is there any chance I'll get club seats or are those the first to go?
First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

Omahabound

Quote from: nationwish on May 03, 2015, 07:59:54 pm
So it seems that instead of a consistent amount of time between appointments, donors at higher levels are spread out a little more, and as you get lower on the list appointments will come faster. That makes sense if that is actually the case.
Sure seems to be the case

Omahabound

Quote from: Uncle SI on May 03, 2015, 08:18:39 pm
I'm a tush hog. I pick on the 12th, is there any chance I'll get club seats or are those the first to go?
Always a chance. Those are quite a bit more $$$$ so may be some left. There were last year.

popcornhog

Quote from: PRORODEO51 on April 15, 2015, 01:55:49 pm

I'm May 11 at 8:44am.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Therazorbackrealist on May 03, 2015, 12:23:07 pm
Do any of you guys mind sharing your giving classification? Im Wild Hog and select on May 11th...Just wondering about some of you guys. Im at the bottom Wild Hog. Hoping for some decent seats but starting to get a little nervous.

We're Wild Hog too and are also on May 11.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Uncle SI on May 03, 2015, 08:18:39 pm

We used to be Tush and never had problems getting Indoor Club in the SEZ.

Had to upgrade to Wild Hog to get to the outdoor club w/ 4 seats though, FWIW.
WPS

idochog

What are the breakdowns of amounts & donor levels?
I love Jesus!

ricepig

jbu5

Current Razorback Foundation Members (as of 3/31/15)
•   Broyles-Matthews Platinum - 99
•   Broyles-Matthews Gold - 275
•   Broyles-Matthews Silver - 888
•   Super Hog - 691
•   Wild Hog - 1,117
•   Tush Hog - 2,525
•   Big Hog - 2,080
•   Big Red - 2,586
•   Razorback - 400
•   Young Alumni - 112

HogtoberFest

Good seats are really going quickly same as last year. Really tough to improve unless you are BM level

Poker_hog

Quote from: jbu5 on May 04, 2015, 04:33:38 pm
Current Razorback Foundation Members (as of 3/31/15)
•   Broyles-Matthews Platinum - 99
•   Broyles-Matthews Gold - 275
•   Broyles-Matthews Silver - 888
•   Super Hog - 691
•   Wild Hog - 1,117
•   Tush Hog - 2,525
•   Big Hog - 2,080
•   Big Red - 2,586
•   Razorback - 400
•   Young Alumni - 112

The current system seems  favors buying in bulk.  You can get 12 tickets for a donation level of 5k.  Thats $420 per ticket.  It's the equivalent of a couple donating $850 per year.  However, the quality of the tickets you can get at the bm level vs big hog level is night and day.  With the online ticket services you could probably come out ahead by dinating 5k and buying 12 tickets.  It's a little over $100 per ticket.  Plus you get extra parking passes that have value as well.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

ricepig

Quote from: Poker_hog on May 05, 2015, 09:44:24 am
The current system seems  favors buying in bulk.  You can get 12 tickets for a donation level of 5k.  Thats $420 per ticket.  It's the equivalent of a couple donating $850 per year.  However, the quality of the tickets you can get at the bm level vs big hog level is night and day.  With the online ticket services you could probably come out ahead by dinating 5k and buying 12 tickets.  It's a little over $100 per ticket.  Plus you get extra parking passes that have value as well.

Sean, is that you?? I personally think everyone should donate at the BM Platinum level......

Uncle SI

Quote from: popcornhog on May 03, 2015, 10:58:09 pm
We used to be Tush and never had problems getting Indoor Club in the SEZ.

Had to upgrade to Wild Hog to get to the outdoor club w/ 4 seats though, FWIW.

Thanks Popcorn.
We have 4 tickets this year. My wife wants outdoor club but I figured that is one of the first to go. I'll be happy with any club level. Better food, tvs, and the beer.  :)
First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

Omahabound

Quote from: Poker_hog on May 05, 2015, 09:44:24 am
Please explain your math too me because if I can get 12 tickets at a little over $100 per ticket Ill call the foundation right now.

Did I miss something?
Yes that would be correct if you just had to donate and then not buy the tickets. You are looking at another $4300 in tickets so if you donate at the BM level and buy 12 tickets you are gonna be out 9K minimum.

Poker_hog

Quote from: Therazorbackrealist on May 06, 2015, 02:57:59 pm
Did I miss something?
Yes that would be correct if you just had to donate and then not buy the tickets. You are looking at another $4300 in tickets so if you donate at the BM level and buy 12 tickets you are gonna be out 9K minimum.

12 season tickets for 7 games is 84 tickets.  $9300 for 84 tickets is $110 per ticket.  If you factor in tax deduction it's probably less than $100/ticket. 

If those seats are at very desirable locations you could probably get  more than that on a ticket service even with the heavy fees.

I was pointing out the power of pooling donations more so than making an argument for an actual investment. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Omahabound

Quote from: Poker_hog on May 06, 2015, 04:03:46 pm
12 season tickets for 7 games is 84 tickets.  $9300 for 84 tickets is $110 per ticket.  If you factor in tax deduction it's probably less than $100/ticket. 

If those seats are at very desirable locations you could probably get  more than that on a ticket service even with the heavy fees.

I was pointing out the power of pooling donations more so than making an argument for an actual investment. 

Great point! Still have to do some selling but definitely see your point.

Sueie

I got 2 of them last year lower level and never donated anything.  There will be tickets available for the games that you want to see in person.  Just offer a little above face value and save the thousands in donation money.  ;D