Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Texas Bowl high lights.

Started by DeltaBoy, April 14, 2015, 09:09:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

flagstaffhog

Made my day, DeltaBoy! Thanks for posting that Ass kicking...
Go HOGS Go!

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 14, 2015, 09:09:14 pm
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/video-texas-bowl-highlights/

Enjoy  8) :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

That's what I'm talkin' about.
The longhorn stampede started about the middle of the 3rd quarter and by the middle of the 4th NRG was about 60% full.
After the game a smiling Hog Fan paraded around the concourses with a 'Deep In The Heart of Texas' poster that was about 4'x4'.
I rode home with all the Hog gear flying and smilin'/waving.
Thanks for the link. Good memories.

" GO HOGS "

Großer Kriegschwein

Nothing in the world feels better after the 2013 season than going to TejASS and whoopin the shorthorns to the tune of 31-7 while only allowing 59 yards of offense, 2 yards rushing. He'll our defensive line might as well have set up tents and started a camp fire in their backfield.

I remember someone saying that they "feel sorry for the unspeakable things we'll do to some team that eeks into a bowl game with us". Fortunately it was TejASS And we didn't have to feel all that guilt for the offseason.

WPS
This is my non-signature signature.

DeltaBoy

And the 2 DFW papers have Johnathan Grey as being the feature back for this fall LOL.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Aggie96

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed watching that curb stomping that you guys delivered to them. Watching them put up a shanked pitching wedge worth of total offense in that game was hilarious. Couple that with the fact that during the game I ran to get a beer out of the fridge and had more rushing yards than they had in the entire game and it made my day complete.  ::hornsdown::
You can eat the Apple but don't Eff with the Corps!!! GIG 'EM!!!

lahawg1

It is great when the clip is almost 4 min long and only 1 "good" Texass highlight. The rest was all Hogs...

SoCal Hog

Never gets old. Thanks for posting.  :razorback:
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

DeltaBoy

I was at the Beat down Mack gave us Bobby's first year , This game was full payback!

gmarv

now that was a fun four minute, thanks for posting.

HogMantheIntruder

It actually should have been another shut out. There was an obvious hold on Texas' one "good" play that should have been called back. I just try to think of it as their little consolation prize after being manhandled for the entire game. Great win. WPS!!!
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Aggie96 on April 16, 2015, 02:45:01 am
I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed watching that curb stomping that you guys delivered to them. Watching them put up a shanked pitching wedge worth of total offense in that game was hilarious. Couple that with the fact that during the game I ran to get a beer out of the fridge and had more rushing yards than they had in the entire game and it made my day complete.  ::hornsdown::

I hate you guys almost as much but bro, that was THE post.
This is my non-signature signature.

phadedhawg

Quote from: Aggie96 on April 16, 2015, 02:45:01 am

lololol

DeltaBoy

A Guy at Church who has a son at UT told me it was the worse beating since the Ambush in Austin.  He went on to say that Trinity , and several other 5A Texas HS teams would have given the Hogs a better game.  He also has not watched any replays yet!!!

FortWorthHog

Does anyone out there have a link for the entire Texas Bowl game?  Or at least the second half.  At one point in the game, close to the end of the 3rd quarter or just after the start of the 4th quarter, there was a statistic posted by the broadcasters that the UT offense had not been this bad since UT lost to Southwestern University (the Arkansas equivalent of Hendrix College) in 1943.  My brother went to Southwestern and I want to see if I can get a screen cap of this statistic and have it printed/framed for him.

Any links would be appreciated.

WPS!

TeufelHog

2-6 team in SEC destroys a 5-4 team in the Big 12.  Loved.Every.Second.Of.It!

WJBilly

Quote from: FortWorthHog on April 17, 2015, 01:47:23 pm
Does anyone out there have a link for the entire Texas Bowl game?  Or at least the second half.  At one point in the game, close to the end of the 3rd quarter or just after the start of the 4th quarter, there was a statistic posted by the broadcasters that the UT offense had not been this bad since UT lost to Southwestern University (the Arkansas equivalent of Hendrix College) in 1943.  My brother went to Southwestern and I want to see if I can get a screen cap of this statistic and have it printed/framed for him.

Any links would be appreciated.

WPS!
Just go to YouTube and type in Texas bowl and it should be at the top of the list. That's what I do when I want to see it again(watched about 5 times already). :) :razorback: ::hornsdown::

FortWorthHog

stevec

The real highlight is Strong's post game press conference.  He looks and sounds like he wants to destroy everything in the room.

Aggie96

Quote from: stevec on April 17, 2015, 08:01:13 pm
The real highlight is Strong's post game press conference.  He looks and sounds like he wants to destroy everything in the room.

Yep the little CHobbitt was very upset at the end... I can't imagine why. Have you seen the deposition that Okie Light put him thru? It was epic!!! He didn't even know his starting QBs name and couldn't tell them what zip code he lived in. That's what you get for $5 Million a year in Austin. Lmao.  :P
You can eat the Apple but don't Eff with the Corps!!! GIG 'EM!!!

DeltaBoy

I wonder if Charlie didn't put his fist through a white board after that game.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Hawgzinbowlz

One of the best plays is when Spaight waits until the QB started his cadence and then he slides up behind the DE...QB hands the ball to the RB a split second before the RB gets 'Spaighted'...some nearby longhorn fans audibly groaned, or maybe it was the running back.

" GO HOGS "

DeltaBoy

I having a great time finding this game mentioned in every UT article when it comes to last season.