Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When was the last time you had this much faith in our coaching staff as a whole?

Started by HogMantheIntruder, April 14, 2015, 01:07:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportster365

Im yet to reach the peak of faith I had in Razorback football while Coach B. Petrino was here. I honestly felt that he gave us a real shot at a National Championship. All that was missing was a legitimate DC.

CBB is building this program from the trenches out. Leading up to quality running and stout defenses. Those are recipes for success. All that's missing is the ability to make opposing teams pay through the air when they began to go to 8 and 9 man fronts. In offenses like ours it most necessary to have well coached defense. That's the only thing that keeps Saban in the running year after year, stout defenses. Because you're not going to get 200+ yds on the ground week in/week out in this league, just aint happening. Passing is much more efficient and less demanding on an offense. Those who can strike fast and often are simply poised to win more games.

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 17, 2015, 11:22:22 am
Im yet to reach the peak of faith I had in Razorback football while Coach B. Petrino was here. I honestly felt that he gave us a real shot at a National Championship. All that was missing was a legitimate DC.

CBB is building this program from the trenches out. Leading up to quality running and stout defenses. Those are recipes for success. All that's missing is the ability to make opposing teams pay through the air when they began to go to 8 and 9 man fronts. In offenses like ours it most necessary to have well coached defense. That's the only thing that keeps Saban in the running year after year, stout defenses. Because you're not going to get 200+ yds on the ground week in/week out in this league, just aint happening. Passing is much more efficient and less demanding on an offense. Those who can strike fast and often are simply poised to win more games.

Petrino most certainly did not give us a legitimate shot at a national championship. He didn't even give us a legitimate shot at an SEC title.

Time will tell if Bielema does.

Sportster365

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 11:29:24 am
Petrino most certainly did not give us a legitimate shot at a national championship. He didn't even give us a legitimate shot at an SEC title.

Time will tell if Bielema does.

I kinda gotta agree that, before we can seriously consider "legitimate shot at NC", a coach should at least appear once in the SECCG.   JLS, Joe Kines, and Jack Crowe had the same number of SECCG appearances as BP.

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 17, 2015, 11:30:51 am
That's your opinion. I have one of my own.

No, that's a fact.

2011, we were 11-2 a very good season no doubt. But we were NOT a serious contender for the national title at any point, We got our asses waxed in week4 by Alabama, and finished up the regular season by being destroyed by LSU.

HappyHogFan

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on April 17, 2015, 11:47:24 am
I kinda gotta agree that, before we can seriously consider "legitimate shot at NC", a coach should at least appear once in the SECCG.   JLS, Joe Kines, and Jack Crowe had the same number of SECCG appearances as BP.

BP was a good coach for us in terms of wins and losses, but he simply never made us a serious contender for the national title, that was my only point to the other poster.

Sportster365

For a guy that didn't give us a "legitimate shot" at a national championship you'd be hard pressed to find a soul in Arkansas that wanted to see him gone. I'd say having us finishing the regular season out in the top 3 of the BCS rankings and entering the following season pre-season top 10 placed us in serious contention.

Wildhog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 11:49:35 am
No, that's a fact.

2011, we were 11-2 a very good season no doubt. But we were NOT a serious contender for the national title at any point, We got our asses waxed in week4 by Alabama, and finished up the regular season by being destroyed by LSU.

No, it was an opinion.  Quit being a tool.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on April 17, 2015, 11:53:04 am
No, it was an opinion.  Quit being a tool.

Oh, you're one of those guys

Look here little fella. An opinion would be "Petrino was a good coach"

But "we were a national title contender" is NOT an opinion. Either we were, or we weren't. That's called a fact.

We weren't.

Oh, and you can call me all the names you want, doesn't change anything.

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 17, 2015, 11:52:31 am
For a guy that didn't give us a "legitimate shot" at a national championship you'd be hard pressed to find a soul in Arkansas that wanted to see him gone. I'd say having us finishing the regular season out in the top 3 of the BCS rankings and entering the following season pre-season top 10 placed us in serious contention.

Any fan who understand the importance of both recruiting and defense knew that Petrino was never going to win the SEC after watching our performance against Alabama and LSU in 2011.

I bet you were one of those "stars don't matter" guys , amirite?

Sportster365

no actually I think stars do matter, but so does experience, good coaching and development. Any teams that were ranked in the BCS top 10 were considered contenders. CBP had our hogs consistently ranked in the top 10. Look you don't have to like the guy but to deny what he was doing here is completely immature.

I suppose from your remarks your suggesting that CBB will never win a title here either? Because so far we certainly aren't recruiting on par with any of the perennial powerhouses of the SEC.

By the way CBP owned Miles and the Tigers.

Wildhog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 11:55:55 am
Oh, you're one of those guys

Look here little fella. An opinion would be "Petrino was a good coach"

But "we were a national title contender" is NOT an opinion. Either we were, or we weren't. That's called a fact.

We weren't.

Oh, and you can call me all the names you want, doesn't change anything.

At one point we were ranked third in the nation.  That's pretty damn legit.

Also,
Quote from: Sportster365 on April 17, 2015, 11:22:22 am
The part in bold absolutely qualifies it as nothing more than opinion.  Quit being wrong. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Another thing: 

Acknowledging our success under previous coaches doesn't mean anyone prefers that coach to what we have now.  I love CBB.  Doesn't mean I didn't have a hell of a time winning all those games under Petrino.  I hope to have a similar time in the coming seasons under Bielema. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on April 17, 2015, 12:11:35 pm
At one point we were ranked third in the nation.  That's pretty damn legit.

Also, The part in bold absolutely qualifies it as nothing more than opinion.  Quit being wrong.

What he felt is irrelevant to the discussion of whether we actually ever were a national title contender or not.

Thin of it like American Idol, all of them contestants "honestly feel" that they they have a chance to win , that doesn't change the FACT that most of them have NO chance. Same thing with us in 2011, after getting pounded by Alabama we had NO chance at a national title. No matter what that guy felt.

Wildhog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 12:17:10 pm
What he felt is irrelevant to the discussion of whether we actually ever were a national title contender or not.

Thin of it like American Idol, all of them contestants "honestly feel" that they they have a chance to win , that doesn't change the FACT that most of them have NO chance. Same thing with us in 2011, after getting pounded by Alabama we had NO chance at a national title. No matter what that guy felt.

I'm not sure you understand what an opinion is.  You should look it up.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on April 17, 2015, 12:15:29 pm
Another thing: 

Acknowledging our success under previous coaches doesn't mean anyone prefers that coach to what we have now.  I love CBB.  Doesn't mean I didn't have a hell of a time winning all those games under Petrino.  I hope to have a similar time in the coming seasons under Bielema.

And likewise, saying that factually speaking Petrino never had a chance of winning a title here doesn't mean I hated the guy, or didn't enjoy winning 22 games in 2 years. I most assuredly did, I'm just saying that NO he did not make us a title contender.

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on April 17, 2015, 12:17:57 pm
I'm not sure you understand what an opinion is.  You should look it up.

So if I said "In my opinion I can telegraphically teleport myself to the other side of the country" you would say "hey guys that is opinion ad its valid?"  No, of course you wouldn't. You would say "Dude, you're nuts, the facts are that you can NOT teleport yourself anywhere"

Wildhog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 12:18:33 pm
And likewise, saying that factually speaking Petrino never had a chance of winning a title here doesn't mean I hated the guy, or didn't enjoy winning 22 games in 2 years. I most assuredly did, I'm just saying that NO he did not make us a title contender.

You can say that as a fact all you want.  But it's still just your opinion.  Had we beaten LSU, we were just one win over a very beatable UGA team to get into the National title game.  Many people would say that's a legit chance.
1909/1964/1965/1977

jabohog

The last time I had this much faith in a coaching staff was 1999. Didn't last very long though.

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on April 17, 2015, 12:21:31 pm
You can say that as a fact all you want.  But it's still just your opinion.  Had we beaten LSU, we were just one win over a very beatable UGA team to get into the National title game.  Many people would say that's a legit chance.

But we did NOT beat LSU, which makes it a fact that we were never a serious contender.

By the way, UGA was ranked #14 going into the SECG , so calling them very beatable i an attempt to say we had an outstanding chance of beating them, if we had gotten ast LSU is just silly.

1998,2003, and 2006. Three seasons in which Nutt had us "as close" to a national title contender as Petrino had us in 2011. Which is to say, not very close at all.

Wildhog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 12:35:52 pm
But we did NOT beat LSU, which makes it a fact that we were never a serious contender.

By the way, UGA was ranked #14 going into the SECG , so calling them very beatable i an attempt to say we had an outstanding chance of beating them, if we had gotten ast LSU is just silly.

1998,2003, and 2006. Three seasons in which Nutt had us "as close" to a national title contender as Petrino had us in 2011. Which is to say, not very close at all.

Is it not subjective?  The answer is yes.  Yes, it is.

I get it.  You want to downplay past success to prop up current or future success.  In a way, it's admirable.  You feel like you're defending CBB in some misguided way.  I'm sure it makes you feel better.  It just reeks of intellectual weakness and dishonesty, is all.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

That UGA team, by the way, lost at home to Boise St and South Carolina, got blown out in the SECC, and lost their bowl game to Mich St. 

Very beatable.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on April 17, 2015, 12:37:49 pm
Is it not subjective?  The answer is yes.  Yes, it is.

I get it.  You want to downplay past success to prop up current or future success.  In a way, it's admirable.  You feel like you're defending CBB in some misguided way.  It just reeks of intellectual weakness and dishonesty, is all.

LOL

I'm not downplaying success. We've had some outstanding seasons , 1998,2003,2006,2010,2011. Great seasons, but we were NOT legitimate national championship contenders in any of them. Which is the ONLY point I argued. Petrino did not make us a legitimate national championship contender. He simply didn't.

We finished 2011 with a record of 11-2 , do you realize that is tied for 8th best record of that season? FIVE teams finished with an 11-2 record, were those 5 teams national title contenders? What about the SEVEN teams who finished better than 11-2?

Of those twelve teams, probably 4 were ever serious title contenders, and guess what, Alabama and LSU were BOTH in category.

So you're telling me that we finished with the third best record in our own division yet you think we were national championship contenders that year? Come on man.

Let's go a step further and assume we made it to the title game for a rematch against Bama. Would you really have called us contenders for the title? If so, you would have been the only one, it would have been another ass kicking , but that is irrelevant anyway, because we didn't get there.

Wildhog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 12:47:40 pm
LOL

I'm not downplaying success. We've had some outstanding seasons , 1998,2003,2006,2010,2011. Great seasons, but we were NOT legitimate national championship contenders in any of them. Which is the ONLY point I argued. Petrino did not make us a legitimate national championship contender. He simply didn't.

We finished 2011 with a record of 11-2 , do you realize that is tied for 8th best record of that season? FIVE teams finished with an 11-2 record, were those 5 teams national title contenders? What about the SEVEN teams who finished better than 11-2?

Of those twelve teams, probably 4 were ever serious title contenders, and guess what, Alabama and LSU were BOTH in category.

So you're telling me that we finished with the third best record in our own division yet you think we were national championship contenders that year? Come on man.

Let's go a step further and assume we made it to the title game for a rematch against Bama. Would you really have called us contenders for the title? If so, you would have been the only one, it would have been another ass kicking , but that is irrelevant anyway, because we didn't get there.

You're saying that if we made the title game, you still wouldn't have considered us contenders?

The agenda is pretty clear, now.  I've been getting trolled.  Bravo.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on April 17, 2015, 12:41:57 pm
That UGA team, by the way, lost at home to Boise St and South Carolina, got blown out in the SECC, and lost their bowl game to Mich St. 

Very beatable.

LOL Boise St was 12-1 and probably would have beat us as well. South Carolina was 11-2 just like us. Alabama would have blown anyone out and Michigan St was 11-3.

Virtually the only difference between how Arkansas and Georgia finished that year is that they went to the SECCG and we didn't and we won our bowl game, and they didn't.

and by the way, they lost their bowl game by 3 in TRIPLE overtime, its not like they embarrassed themselves out there.

Wildhog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 12:53:20 pm
LOL Boise St was 12-1 and probably would have beat us as well. South Carolina was 11-2 just like us. Alabama would have blown anyone out and Michigan St was 11-3.

Virtually the only difference between how Arkansas and Georgia finished that year is that they went to the SECCG and we didn't and we won our bowl game, and they didn't.

and by the way, they lost their bowl game by 3 in TRIPLE overtime, its not like they embarrassed themselves out there.

Are you saying they weren't beatable?  Surely to goodness, you aren't.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on April 17, 2015, 12:49:01 pm
You're saying that if we made the title game, you still wouldn't have considered us contenders?

The agenda is pretty clear, now.  I've been getting trolled.  Bravo.

I'm saying we did NOT make the title game, and we never had a chance to, which means we were not contenders.

Oh, and trolling doesn't mean pointing out facts that you don't like. So no, you aren't be trolled.

Wildhog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 12:54:39 pm
I'm saying we did NOT make the title game, and we never had a chance to, which means we were not contenders.

Oh, and trolling doesn't mean pointing out facts that you don't like. So no, you aren't be trolled.

So in your opinion, there are only two national title contenders every year?  And if one is heavily favored over the other, there's only one?
1909/1964/1965/1977

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on April 17, 2015, 12:54:07 pm
Are you saying they weren't beatable?  Surely to goodness, you aren't.

Please stop deliberately, and childishly, misconstruing what I am saying. I haven't done that to your posts.

Of course we COULD have beat Georgia , but the fact of the matter is we didn't win the games we needed to to get into a position to find out. IE we were not contenders that year.

I haven't even said that was entirely due to Petrino, not his fault LSU and Bama were both so extraordinarily good that year, but they were and that left our own pretty damn good team as the odd man out, we had ZERO chance at a national title that year. NONE. Once we faltered against Bama we were effectively out of the conversation and never got back into it.

We started out BCS ranked #9 and promptly lost to #2 , from our own division. LSU and Bama both remained in the top 3 all season long. Simple facts tell you that if two teams from your own division are in top 3 and you are in the 8-10 range that you are not going to be a contender for the national title.

The ONLY way we were getting a chance to contend that year is if we had beaten Bama early on and kept on winning. Beat Bama then lose to LSU even and maybe were still in play. But losing to Bama ended all hopes, we simply started out too low in the BCS standings to weather that loss and still have a chance.

Wildhog

I guess Kentucky wasn't a national title contender in bball this year.

:)
1909/1964/1965/1977

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on April 17, 2015, 12:56:24 pm
So in your opinion, there are only two national title contenders every year?  And if one is heavily favored over the other, there's only one?

I politely asked you to stop misconstruing what I have said ad like a child you persist, so have a good day.

Wildhog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 01:03:17 pm
Please stop deliberately, and childishly, misconstruing what I am saying. I haven't done that to your posts.

Of course we COULD have beat Georgia , but the fact of the matter is we didn't win the games we needed to to get into a position to find out. IE we were not contenders that year.

I haven't even said that was entirely due to Petrino, not his fault LSU and Bama were both so extraordinarily good that year, but they were and that left our own pretty damn good team as the odd man out, we had ZERO chance at a national title that year. NONE. Once we faltered against Bama we were effectively out of the conversation and never got back into it.

We started out BCS ranked #9 and promptly lost to #2 , from our own division. LSU and Bama both remained in the top 3 all season long. Simple facts tell you that if two teams from your own division are in top 3 and you are in the 8-10 range that you are not going to be a contender for the national title.

The ONLY way we were getting a chance to contend that year is if we had beaten Bama early on and kept on winning. Beat Bama then lose to LSU even and maybe were still in play. But losing to Bama ended all hopes, we simply started out too low in the BCS standings to weather that loss and still have a chance.

We were ranked third when we played LSU.  You never know what's going to happen on any given Saturday.  If we beat LSU and UGA, we would have most certainly been in the national title game.

As I've said, it's a reasonable opinion to believe we had a legitimate chance at getting there.  I don't even know if I feel that way, but it's a valid opinion.  But please, keep LOL'ing and claiming your opinion is fact over and over again.  I'm sure that'll eventually make it true.  :)
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 01:04:32 pm
I politely asked you to stop misconstruing what I have said ad like a child you persist, so have a good day.

Have a good'un, chief.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 12:18:33 pm

What you're calling a fact is actually an opinion, so you could stand to brush up a bit on the difference.  What you're saying he presented as fact, was actually presented as opinion as well, so again, some studying up on those might be warranted. 

HappyHogFan

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 17, 2015, 01:10:43 pm
What you're calling a fact is actually an opinion, so you could stand to brush up a bit on the difference.  What you're saying he presented as fact, was actually presented as opinion as well, so again, some studying up on those might be warranted.

Sir it is not.

It is a FACT that going into the LSU game we were ranked #3 behind LSU and Alabama, we had already lost to Alabama who had already lost to LSU. Do you REALLY think we had a chance of jumping an Alabama team who had beat us to a pulp if we had beaten LSU? We wouldn't have. But that is an opinion.

What is a fact is that we did NOT beat LSU and therefor we had NO chance of being selected to play in the BCSNG. NONE. Of the three top teams we were the only one with 2 losses, guess what that means? It means we were not contenders. FACT

IF we had beaten LSU and finished with 1 loss the same as LSU and Bama, then yes, we are legitimate contenders, but we didn't, we finished the regular season with 2 losses compared to 1 for Bama and 0 for LSU.

How the hell do you call yourself a legitimate contender for the national title when you are the THIRD best team in your own darned division of your conference?

FACT, we were in a position to make ourselves a national title contender, and we failed.

Wildhog

He just couldn't stay away. 

o·pin·ion
əˈpinyən
noun
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Honestly, I don't think we were a legit contender for the national title for the reasons you've listed.

I have no trouble calling us a dark horse contender, though, and many news outlets did the same in 2011. 

It really doesn't matter if we agree or not.  It was a valid OPINION, and nothing more.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 01:27:13 pm
Sir it is not.

It is a FACT that going into the LSU game we were ranked #3 behind LSU and Alabama, we had already lost to Alabama who had already lost to LSU. Do you REALLY think we had a chance of jumping an Alabama team who had beat us to a pulp if we had beaten LSU? We wouldn't have. But that is an opinion.

What is a fact is that we did NOT beat LSU and therefor we had NO chance of being selected to play in the BCSNG. NONE. Of the three top teams we were the only one with 2 losses, guess what that means? It means we were not contenders. FACT

IF we had beaten LSU and finished with 1 loss the same as LSU and Bama, then yes, we are legitimate contenders, but we didn't, we finished the regular season with 2 losses compared to 1 for Bama and 0 for LSU.

How the hell do you call yourself a legitimate contender for the national title when you are the THIRD best team in your own darned division of your conference?

FACT, we were in a position to make ourselves a national title contender, and we failed.

I think you're overstating what it means to be a contender for the national title.  We were in the top three going into the last game.  That makes us a contender.  Contender, to me, means we are in the hunt and we were.  Again though, all of these are OPINIONS, and not facts.  That's the thing you're not grasping.  Nothing about this has really been all that factual.  It's all opinion based.  Some people's opinion is that 3rd place rankings, coupled with a couple of wins away from going to the BCS title game is contending.  Your opinion is that it's not close, but again, that's your opinion.  Not a fact.

http://www.apelslice.com/books/9780618843175NIMAS/HTMLOUT/HTML/c_id4632222.html

HappyHogFan

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 17, 2015, 01:33:15 pm
I think you're overstating what it means to be a contender for the national title.  We were in the top three going into the last game.  That makes us a contender.  Contender, to me, means we are in the hunt and we were.  Again though, all of these are OPINIONS, and not facts.  That's the thing you're not grasping.  Nothing about this has really been all that factual.  It's all opinion based.  Some people's opinion is that 3rd place rankings, coupled with a couple of wins away from going to the BCS title game is contending.  Your opinion is that it's not close, but again, that's your opinion.  Not a fact.

http://www.apelslice.com/books/9780618843175NIMAS/HTMLOUT/HTML/c_id4632222.html

But we were NOT in the top 3 at the end, we were in the top 3 at the end of the regular season, a subtle -yet important - distinction.

After losing to LSU we were out of the hunt PERIOD. That is NOT an opinion. It's fact. We were the highest ranked 2 loss team , but there was no way we would even have a chance at a BCS game, let alone the national championship game.

In fact, do you now how many times a 2 + loss team was at an large bid to a BCS bowl? Four times, and each time it was an SEC team that won it's division, but lost the SECCG (hint Arkansas was one of the four teams in 2010)

FACT - we had ZERO chance of making a BCS game as the third best team in our own division , BCS rules in fact prohibited this. ONly two teams per conference could be in a BCS game. So the notion that it is an opinion is absurd.

If we had just beat LSU you say..................... If we had beaten Tenn in 1998 perhaps Nutt wins a national title. Just as valid, and just as irrelevant, because neither happened.

Wildhog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 01:54:50 pm
But we were NOT in the top 3 at the end, we were in the top 3 at the end of the regular season, a subtle -yet important - distinction.

After losing to LSU we were out of the hunt PERIOD. That is NOT an opinion. It's fact. We were the highest ranked 2 loss team , but there was no way we would even have a chance at a BCS game, let alone the national championship game.

In fact, do you now how many times a 2 + loss team was at an large bid to a BCS bowl? Four times, and each time it was an SEC team that won it's division, but lost the SECCG (hint Arkansas was one of the four teams in 2010)

FACT - we had ZERO chance of making a BCS game as the third best team in our own division , BCS rules in fact prohibited this. ONly two teams per conference could be in a BCS game. So the notion that it is an opinion is absurd.

If we had just beat LSU you say..................... If we had beaten Tenn in 1998 perhaps Nutt wins a national title. Just as valid, and just as irrelevant, because neither happened.

It's honest-to-god baffling how you can't understand that this is a subjective argument.  There isn't an objective standard to define what constitutes a contender and what does not.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Wildhog on April 17, 2015, 01:57:12 pm
It's honest-to-god baffling how you can't understand that this is a subjective argument.  There isn't an objective standard to define what constitutes a contender and what does not.

Of course there is, third best team in your own division means you aren't a national title contender. DUH

Wildhog

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 17, 2015, 02:10:06 pm
Of course there is, third best team in your own division means you aren't a national title contender. DUH

If you're ranked third in the country going into the last week of the regular season, the case can be made that you were a contender.  Maybe not by your (or my) standards, but the case can be made.  I don't even necessarily disagree with your opinion, but it's an opinion.  That's the crux of our disagreement.

Also, you seem pretty angry for a "HappyHogFan."
1909/1964/1965/1977

Sportster365

Let me put it this way...I honestly felt that having CBP here at Arkansas gave us a real chance at a National Title. That statement does not signify any particular season. In my opinion we would have only gotten better and closer to our goals, perhaps attaining them. It was already widely believed that a bad year for Arkansas under Petrino would have been an 8 or 9 win season. That alone says a lot.

As long as the stats sheets from this spring camp continue to add up to the hoopla the more encouraged I get about this teams upcoming season.

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 17, 2015, 02:31:33 pm
Let me put it this way...I honestly felt that having CBP here at Arkansas gave us a real chance at a National Title. That statement does not signify any particular season. In my opinion we would have only gotten better and closer to our goals, perhaps attaining them. It was already widely believed that a bad year for Arkansas under Petrino would have been an 8 or 9 win season. That alone says a lot.

As long as the stats sheets from this spring camp continue to add up to the hoopla the more encouraged I get about this teams upcoming season.

Widely believed by whom? Because I sure don't think Bob Petrino was worth 5 more wins in 2012.

I think he was on a downward trend here , not saying he wouldn't have had another upturn had he stayed longer, but I in noway believe we would have won 9 games in 2012 with him as coach.

GuvHog

Quote from: Wildhog on April 17, 2015, 01:06:39 pm
We were ranked third when we played LSU.  You never know what's going to happen on any given Saturday.  If we beat LSU and UGA, we would have most certainly been in the national title game.

As I've said, it's a reasonable opinion to believe we had a legitimate chance at getting there.  I don't even know if I feel that way, but it's a valid opinion.  But please, keep LOL'ing and claiming your opinion is fact over and over again.  I'm sure that'll eventually make it true.  :)

Well said When the Hogs entered the stadium to play LSU in 2011, they were #3 in the nation behind LSU and Bama. The fact is if they had beaten LSU, they would have been a lock for the BCS National Championship game so they were indeed contenders.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Qadi999

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 17, 2015, 12:06:53 pm
no actually I think stars do matter, but so does experience, good coaching and development. Any teams that were ranked in the BCS top 10 were considered contenders. CBP had our hogs consistently ranked in the top 10. Look you don't have to like the guy but to deny what he was doing here is completely immature.

I suppose from your remarks your suggesting that CBB will never win a title here either? Because so far we certainly aren't recruiting on par with any of the perennial powerhouses of the SEC.

I am, if He dose not get at top 5 class or at the very least 4 straight  top 10 classes he will  never ever win a  NC here.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PorkRinds

Quote from: Sportster365 on April 17, 2015, 12:06:53 pm

Owned? They were 2-2 under his tenure. How is that owning?

gmarv

Quote from: Hoginsavga on April 14, 2015, 06:39:16 pm
If my memory serves me, that was a damn good year to start with. My first real Razorback years started with Bowden Wyatt and the single wing offense. We have had a lot of good coaches during my lifetime including Broyles, Holtz, Hatfield, Petrino, Ford (was building the program), and even Nutt had some good years. Although we have suffered a lot in some years nothing can take away from Razorback football. I think CBB will get us back and I am thinking it is 2015.
it was a darn good year and ive been hoping for another every year since.