Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why do hog fans hate kentucky?

Started by arkie501, January 26, 2006, 01:56:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkie501

I was just wondering why do hog fans hate kentucky so much? what has kentucky done to cause this hatred?

smf

Quote from: arkie501 on January 26, 2006, 01:56:38 pm
I was just wondering why do hog fans hate kentucky so much? what has kentucky done to cause this hatred?

I don't.  I do hate LSU and the MS schools.

hogfan064

I don't think Hog fans hate UK.  We just know that there the only program in the SEC that's had more success than us, so beating them is a big accomplishment.  In football we only see them once every 4-5 years, so there's no rivalry there. 

HouTxRzbck

I don't hate Kentucky, but I think for some it might be because when we entered the SEC they were the big dogs of the conference and wanted to knock them off the stool.  Natural rival for the Hogs when they came into the SEC.  For me though it's LSU.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

hogfan064

I hate Auburn, LSU and Ole Miss the most.  I would hate MSU, but hard to hate a school you feel sorry for.

TuckFexas

I don't hate Kentucky, I just like beating the hell out of them. They're the top dog when it comes to basketball in the SEC.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

ColinRagan

then again there was that whole Eddie Sutton leaving us for Kentucky saying something like: "I would crawl on my hands and knees to leave Ark and go to Kentucky"

arkie501

someone in another thread said that he hated kentucky I was just just wondering if he was just jealous or what?

Hogs4Ever

I hate ALL SEC schools.  The West schools I hate more though. It's just a natural rivalry thing.   :razorback:

Salty Hog

Quote from: ColinRagan on January 26, 2006, 02:03:54 pm
then again there was that whole Eddie Sutton leaving us for Kentucky saying something like: "I would crawl on my hands and knees to leave Ark and go to Kentucky"

And look at the great success he had there..lol :/
Fear The Hog!!!!

arkie501

do you blame sutton for wanting to get away from frank broyles?

pfrg999

Its a Rivalry not hate.... Now LSU that's hate, Alabama Bigtime Hate, Florida all enveloping sheer utter complete HHHAAAATTTTEEEE..... But UK is a rivalry....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

pfrg999

Quote from: ColinRagan on January 26, 2006, 02:03:54 pm

No he said "I would rather crawl to Kentucky through broken glass on my knees than stay at Arkansas"   I hated him for along time for that... But now we have a NC he doesn't
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Salty Hog

Don't we pick up Texas on our BB schedule in the next year or two?  Now you wanna talk about hate; Just check out the message boards a week or two before those two games!  :)
Fear The Hog!!!!

pbjones81

Quote from: arkie501 on January 26, 2006, 02:07:44 pm
someone in another thread said that he hated kentucky I was just just wondering if he was just jealous or what?

you will accumulate smites extremely quick with a statement like that.  Heres one to start you off with..

pfrg999

hogfan064

Not only do we play them in basketball, but also in baseball!! Yes lots of hate towards Texas.  I don't think we have to explain that one

HouTxRzbck

I starting to not like Florida more and more.  My in laws are Florida alum and when they talk to me about Arkansas, I feel like they talk down to me.  I don't think they realize it, but that is just how arrogant Florida fans are.  They talk down to people that belong to programs they feel are not up to par with the Gators. 

"...Every Day"

Duffer

I'm sure someone has already answered this, but it is because Sutton left us for them.

Salty Hog

Quote from: hogfan064 on January 26, 2006, 02:16:09 pm
Not only do we play them in basketball, but also in baseball!! Yes lots of hate towards Texas. I don't think we have to explain that one

hehe...exactly :P
Fear The Hog!!!!

HouTxRzbck

"...Every Day"

WILL CLINTON

To me, growing up through the Arkansas vs. KY years in Bball just made them a rivalry IMO.  I do hate them....I hate Tennessee, LSU, I like GA and Bama, and just kind of don't like the others. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

pbjones81

Quote from: HouTxRzbck on January 26, 2006, 02:17:52 pm
I starting to not like Florida more and more. My in laws are Florida alum and when they talk to me about Arkansas, I feel like they talk down to me. I don't think they realize it, but that is just how arrogant Florida fans are. They talk down to people that belong to programs they feel are not up to par with the Gators.

I have a friend thats a Notre Dame fan that does the same thing.  I cant stand that darn.  They talk as if theyre the better team JUST because they are Notre Dame and are far superior at any point in time to little ole Arkansas.   

*puke*

bdutt

"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: pbjones81 on January 26, 2006, 02:22:08 pm
Quote from: HouTxRzbck on January 26, 2006, 02:17:52 pm
I starting to not like Florida more and more. My in laws are Florida alum and when they talk to me about Arkansas, I feel like they talk down to me. I don't think they realize it, but that is just how arrogant Florida fans are. They talk down to people that belong to programs they feel are not up to par with the Gators.

I have a friend thats a Notre Dame fan that does the same thing. I cant stand that Shiite. They talk as if theyre the better team JUST because they are Notre Dame and are far superior at any point in time to little ole Arkansas.

*puke*

They are all the same.

"...Every Day"

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: bdutt78 on January 26, 2006, 02:23:29 pm
Quote from: HouTxRzbck on January 26, 2006, 02:20:15 pm
Quote from: pfrg999 on January 26, 2006, 02:15:19 pm
BTW I am a HOGVILLIAN

Congrats...I'm still a bench warmer!! lol

I'm still ridin that pine beside you

It's not the amount of posts (stars) you have, it is how much you add to the team, kind of like scout.com and rivals....

pbjones81

Quote from: dubyacee on January 26, 2006, 02:21:26 pm
To me, growing up through the Arkansas vs. KY years in Bball just made them a rivalry IMO. I do hate them....I hate Tennessee, LSU, I like GA and Bama, and just kind of don't like the others.

Sometimes I like Georgia and Bama, like a couple yrs ago when the bama lineman broke his leg in the middle of playing TN....I was pulling hard for bama to win, but when i wake up the morning of the Arkansas-Bama game, it all turns to pure hatred.  Its weird..

arkie501

Notre Dame is one of the top teams tradition wise in college football, probaly the best job and hardest job in college football, the same could be said for kentucky basketball. Arkansas has had a few good years now and then but are not "tradition rich" in any sport other than track and field.

Salty Hog

Quote from: bdutt78 on January 26, 2006, 02:23:29 pm
Quote from: HouTxRzbck on January 26, 2006, 02:20:15 pm
BTW I am a HOGVILLIAN

Congrats...I'm still a bench warmer!! lol

I'm still ridin that pine beside you

I still have to stand the whole game...still not even allowed to sit on the bench yet..lol
Fear The Hog!!!!

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: pbjones81 on January 26, 2006, 02:25:12 pm
Quote from: dubyacee on January 26, 2006, 02:21:26 pm
To me, growing up through the Arkansas vs. KY years in Bball just made them a rivalry IMO. I do hate them....I hate Tennessee, LSU, I like GA and Bama, and just kind of don't like the others.

Sometimes I like Georgia and Bama, like a couple yrs ago when the bama lineman broke his leg in the middle of playing TN....I was pulling hard for bama to win, but when i wake up the morning of the Arkansas-Bama game, it all turns to pure hatred. Its weird..

I know.  I actually pull for GA no matter who they are playing as long as it isn't Arkansas and Miami.  Bama just has a tradition that you can't overlook.  I work with one of the biggest Arkansas fans ever, but he said after he made his first trip to Tuscaloosa, he became a closet tide fan...

CiriusPorker

BTW I am a HOGVILLIAN

man...you ruined your 1000th post..you should have made something monumental! ;)  Congratulations on no. 1000

oldbooniehog

Quote from: arkie501 on January 26, 2006, 02:26:50 pm
Notre Dame is one of the top teams tradition wise in college football, probaly the best job and hardest job in college football, the same could be said for kentucky basketball. Arkansas has had a few good years now and then but are not "tradition rich" in any sport other than track and field.

Okay, I'll bite.

The fact that you have so few posts, and that you started off with such an obvious question, and the fact that you followed up that rather obvious question with the post above makes me wonder something.

I can't help but wonder if the Billy Goats Gruff recently butted you off your bridge somewhere near Lexington recently....

Oldbooniehog

arkie501

you are correct in one assumption, but I do not live in the state of kentucky. right here in your beloved natural state

PennHOG

Hate LSU! Hate LSU! Hate LSU! Hate LSU! Hate LSU!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

HoopS

I am Eugene Nash (before the dunk).

dmhog v2.0

I don't HATE hate Kentucky. I respect the hell out of them. I hated them during our classic battles in the nineties. But not so much now, not until we can beat them.

McKdaddy

Quote from: arkie501 on January 26, 2006, 02:07:44 pm
I didn't say it in another thread, but since it is brought up here, I don't hate UK.  I more or less "playa hate" due to the respect and jealousy I have for their program.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

big-soo-E

My two cents on UK.......bitter sweet rivalry.....bitter because they beat us in the SEC championship game in 94.......but that loss put us in a mind set that turned out pretty d@#n sweet

hogfan98

if i were to cheer for any team other than arkansas from the sec, it would be kentucky (in basketball, that is).  i have nothing but respect for them.  a lot of my favorite all-time basketball games are against them.

oldbooniehog

Quote from: arkie501 on January 26, 2006, 02:49:08 pm
you are correct in one assumption, but I do not live in the state of kentucky. right here in your beloved natural state

Okay then.

I think you just openly admitted to being a Kentucky troll.

Thanks for clearning that up for us all.

bu-bye

oldbooniehog

HawgWyld

Don't know if a lot of us outright "hate" Kentucky. A lot of us respect the basketball program and love to see the Hogs beat them, but that's about it.

Foshodo

I hate LSU... and i dont really like Ole Miss or Florida...

I appreciate as a team Georgia and Kentucky

I dont really care about any other teams besides these and of course the Hogs in the SEC.

HawgWyld

Roadrunner

Hate is a strong word.
How about disdain? ::)
Must be something to do with cats.  I don't care for any school that's feline.  :puke:
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

pfrg999

UK is a rivalry (only in BB)... Hate , dispise, loath That is saved for Bama and LSU, Fla and Tenn...

But I have always wondered why UK can't do well in Football....
But I have always wondered why FSU cannot do well in Basketball....

three

Arkansas fans don't HATE UK, they love to beat UK.  Kentucky fans used to hate us, though they probably don't care since we haven't been good.  But we came into the SEC when they won the league title every single season, and we beat them like it was nothing.  We beat them each of our first four years in the league during the regular season.  They hated Arkansas because suddenly they weren't the top dog.  They don't care about us anymore, we haven't beaten them since 2001!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

ridgeback

Scotty Thurman nailing that three and then looking at all the little Dukies start crying like daddy took their Prozac away. Yes ,Duke is fun to own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as KY, they always act like they are in their own conference, cheering against other SEC teams in tournaments. Other teams chant SEC when they win in games outside our league. KY fans think they are gods.

dukefan

Own DUKE! Now that is funny I don't care who you are that is funny!