Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redbird Rundown VI

Started by Hogtropolis™, April 04, 2012, 09:54:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

The opening year for Matheny. May it be a memorable one! Go Cards!

The Boar War

pigture perfect

I am stoked. I think I'll go by the market and get me a swordfish steak to grill tonight as I watch the Cards play the Marlins.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jbell96

So pumped right now! Just a little over an hour until game time. Ready for another magical ride.

dacskc

Anybody catch the pre-game? Ali looks in bad shape. The terrible Marlins fans couldn't be bothered to chant for the guy. Sad.

pigture perfect

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 04, 2012, 01:28:07 pm
I am stoked. I think I'll go by the market and get me a swordfish steak to grill tonight as I watch the Cards play the Marlins.
Swordfish steak cooked in Butter, Sherry, orange juice, Lemon Juice, soy sauce and ginger, salt and pepper on a bed of saute'd eggplant, Zuccinni, yellow squash and Plantain. Oh, my! I love when my experiments work right. And the Cardinals  lead!!!! woo-hoo
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

FS Hog

pigture perfect

Magic number is 161. Wow! you beat me to it.

The Boar War

Nice night for Lohse.

Quote from: dacskc on April 04, 2012, 06:16:47 pm
Anybody catch the pre-game? Ali looks in bad shape. The terrible Marlins fans couldn't be bothered to chant for the guy. Sad.

The postgame was almost as bad.  Marlin fans lost 4-1 and they had a drum line.  That stadium is going to look like a ghost town by July if they're second in the East.

clutch

Lohse sure looked good tonight. Glad to see lots of hits too, especially against a good pitcher like that.

pigture perfect

April 05, 2012, 11:03:10 am #10 Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:06:59 am by pigture perfect
Yep, great start. For tomorrow nights game, I think I may do cheese enchilada's against Milwaukee. When we play the Reds it's gonna be steak - rare.

johnny cash

Man good to see freese still hot.

The Boar War

On a day like this it's really good to see the Card's hitting 4 homeruns in the first three innings.

pigture perfect

David Freese picking up where he left off. 2 more hits today including a 2 run homer and an RBI single. (through 4 innings)

Hogtropolis™

Yep! They said Yovonni has only ever given up 4 HR's in 1 game before this. The other time was to the Cards on 9/1/11.

johnny cash

Looking good again today! Can't wait to get to Busch to see them play.

The Boar War

Good to see Komatsu get his first hit in the majors.

pigture perfect

Magic number is 160 and we are 1/2 game ahead of idle Cincy.

johnny cash

Game time 3 pm central on fox!

pigture perfect

Tough one today. I sure wish Greinke was on our team.

FS Hog

I'll get this out of the way early.
The season is over, fire Matheny :)

johnny cash

Happy easter!! And a good Card win, as well as Hog victory.

pigture perfect

Magic #158. In 1st place and haven't played a home game yet. That looks pretty good.

pigture perfect

April 10, 2012, 08:28:14 am #23 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:30:43 am by pigture perfect
This is a great road trip for the Cards. Up a game and a half on Cincy and Milwaukee.

pigture perfect

Magic #157

Who would have thought the Mets would have the best record in baseball after the first week and Atlanta and the Twins would not have a victory.

jbell96

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 10, 2012, 11:33:45 am
Magic #157

Who would have thought the Mets would have the best record in baseball after the first week and Atlanta and the Twins would not have a victory.

I can see the Twins not having a win, they are terrible, but Atlanta not having one is surprising.

johnny cash

Atlanta is still suffering a hang over from the cards catching last year.

pigture perfect

Things should get fun, Cubs in Busch today. Love 'em or hate 'em, it's always a fun series.

clutch

Great opening ceremony. Let's get this beat down of the Cubs started!!!

I have been really impressed with this team so far. Starting out as good as they have on an extended road stretch is nice to see. I really love our lineup. No big superstars really, but pretty dang solid at every position. That's just how I like it.

FS Hog

#$%^&. Not the start I wanted to see against that four lettered team from Chicago.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Tough one to take today. Rained on our parade.. literally and figuratively. Still a very winnable series though.
ched come back pls

johnny cash

Wainwright got roughed up he will be ok. Man I hate losing, but I really hate losing to the cubbies.

johnny cash

johnny cash

Carpenter a double away from cycle cards up 10 to 2 in eighth.

jbell96

Just like in college baseball, all you have to do is take 2 of 3. Nice recovery from Friday. Matt Carpenter has really shown a ton of improvement from last year. And to think we still don't have Alan Craig in the lineup yet.

FS Hog

Two out of three ain't bad.

johnny cash

pigture perfect

Magic number is 150.

Great win today. How good is Cardinal pitching right now? 2 of our 3 losses have come with argueably our best active pitcher on the mound. If Waino gets right and Carp comes back strong the NL Central could be over pretty quickly. Providing that the other pitchers stay as hot as they are.

pigture perfect

Magic #149

Cards vs Reds tonight. Cueto for the Reds. I still haven't forgiven him for ending Jason LaRue's career by kicking him in the face. I hope we stomp a mudhole in them.

The Hogfather

Let's dominate this biotch.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 17, 2012, 12:47:38 pm
Let's dominate this biotch.
I always hate facing him though.  He's a good pitcher.

The Boar War

Good to see Berkan and Freese back in the line up.  Great to know we have a guy like Carpenter who can fill in and really contribute.

pigture perfect

Good pitching match-up tonight. Lohse is enfuego so far this year.

johnny cash

Loshe so far has looked like a completely different player.

agr347

Quote from: johnny cash on April 17, 2012, 09:01:07 pm
Loshe so far has looked like a completely different player.

He has so far this year.  Sad the bullpen couldn't uphold his 1-0 lead tonight and get him to 3-0.  Still time for them to win tonight though!
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

Davy turtle

Well im back for 2012 and this is my first time in the mlb forum since the season started. My take on Lohse is that he is pitching "easy". He has talent and always has. While he will never overpower anyone, when he hits his spots he is very effective. Go red birds beat Cincy.
"In that piece when they go back in the pocket and throw, it will predict alot of the success that they have."

Les Miles   -LSUSports.net Nov 22 2010

johnny cash

Good chance in the ninth for Holliday and Puma bases loaded both popped up. On to the 10th.

The Boar War

Great end to the game.  Greene scores from third on a Carpenter sacrifice fly ball.

Loved Jon Jay's hard slide into second to break up the double play.

bsking

Some of you may remember me dropping by last year after getting a long hard look at Matt Adams and saying how he's going to be something special.  Well he got moved to Memphis this year and his stats through 12 games are:

.413, 3HR, 7 RBI, 1.145 OPS

And yeah, he's 23.  This, Cardinals fans is your first baseman of the future.

The Hogfather

Quote from: bsking on April 17, 2012, 11:22:26 pm
Some of you may remember me dropping by last year after getting a long hard look at Matt Adams and saying how he's going to be something special.  Well he got moved to Memphis this year and his stats through 12 games are:

.413, 3HR, 7 RBI, 1.145 OPS

And yeah, he's 23.  This, Cardinals fans is your first baseman of the future.

Looking forward to seeing him in the Bigs.  Great start to the season for the Cards!!  Hope they keep it up. 

We all know they'll tank, though.  ;)