Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daniel Gafford

Started by chiefhawg, May 28, 2016, 07:15:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefhawg

From a recruiting analysis:

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10  1h1 hour ago
Daniel Gafford is a shot blocking expert. Erases everything in his area. Throw in high level motor and mobility, Arkansas got a good one

RealHog

This is great to hear. I think Corey Evans has an informed opinion. I just hope Gafford can add some offensive polish to his shot blocking and rebounding skills.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Saw he hit 74% of his FT in a recent Tournament. I like seeing that

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 29, 2016, 01:33:44 am
Saw he hit 74% of his FT in a recent Tournament. I like seeing that

He has a nice stroke from the line. Just needs more offensive moves and experience.

poloprince

May 29, 2016, 08:03:15 pm #4 Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:37:09 am by poloprince
DG had the 6th highest defensive rebounding percentage at the EYBL out of over 400 players.  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

songofthesword

He's a prototype modern age big a athletic rim protector

RealHog

Yeah I'm looking forward to watching him play, I wish he was able to have a year of mentorship under Kingsley but I know he'll be making an impact on the glass and boards right away regardless. Just keep eating that protein Daniel! Fill out that frame, develop a hook and mid range and we'll be talking accolades and special things for Razorback Basketball.

FineAsSwine

He is going to have to be ready to step in and produce pretty quickly with all of the post players we are losing. Glad to see he is shooting a good pct from the line, rebounding and playing good defense because those are things he can come in and help the team with while still working on his offensive game.

Jonteviosk

Next year we will be fine. Trey Thompson has a redshirt so he will have 2 yrs of eligibility. Daniel Gafford. Plus one yr from Both Thomas and Cook. Plus Bailey 4 yrs we are fine going forward in the post. You can stop the sky is falling routine and face the fact were never going to have a starting lineup of fters like Kentucky a year ago. We will have starters and their backups and I'm fine with that.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jonteviosk on May 31, 2016, 06:53:47 pm
Next year we will be fine. Trey Thompson has a redshirt so he will have 2 yrs of eligibility. Daniel Gafford. Plus one yr from Both Thomas and Cook. Plus Bailey 4 yrs we are fine going forward in the post. You can stop the sky is falling routine and face the fact were never going to have a starting lineup of fters like Kentucky a year ago. We will have starters and their backups and I'm fine with that.
Trey Thompson did not redshirt.

Hawg Red

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 31, 2016, 07:25:06 pm
Trey Thompson did not redshirt.

That guy also thinks Moses Kingsley won Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC this season.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 31, 2016, 07:58:37 pm
That guy also thinks Moses Kingsley won Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC this season.
He's definitely opinionated...not that there's anything wrong with that.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 31, 2016, 07:58:37 pm

It's cause he's from one year in the future hopefully.

Jonteviosk

You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Jonteviosk on June 01, 2016, 01:28:04 am
http://verbalcommits.com/schools/arkansas

Has Trey Thompson listed as a Redshirt Sophmore.
Unfortunately it is wrong if VerbalCommits has Trey listed as a RS Soph.  Trey played very little his Freshman year and should have RS but to my knowledge he did not.  A wasted year in my opinion.  Now unless Verbalcommits knows something we don't about Trey getting a medical RS or something like that.  If not then Trey will be a Jr. this coming year. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Jonteviosk on June 01, 2016, 01:28:04 am
http://verbalcommits.com/schools/arkansas

Has Trey Thompson listed as a Redshirt Sophmore.

I know you may find this shocking but Verbal Commits isn't correct. Below from the school's official website lists him as Junior.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/trey-thompson/

Jonteviosk

Jonteviosk

Looking at Darius Halls stats. Is it me or is this too similar to Doobie?

13.0 pts 9.0 reb 2.3 asst 1.6 st.  61% ft

Too similar to Doobie stats and size wise. I am hoping he is superior to Doobie

RealHog

Quote from: Jonteviosk on June 04, 2016, 01:21:21 am

Two things to remember, Doobie played in a Christian school league and was a last minute add, and Hall had been described as having great tools, just needs to add skills. I like him as a prospect, no major offers beside us but I hope he can be a gem.

King Kong

You can't be serious

Big Nasty 34

Hall is leaps and bounds better athletically, literally.

drester77

Hall plays out of position during school basketball. He makes mention of it during one of his interviews. In Arkansas if you are 6'5" or taller, chances are you will play the post...

HOGINTENNESSEE

Next time Doobie does this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HwNypL38FVQ"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UMA6yRX1jwk"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Will be the first time

Ray Piggers

He killed that poor white kid
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

rzrbackramsfan

He's Michael qualls with cooler dreads. 

HawgHeadCheese

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

hogwood

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on June 05, 2016, 01:03:30 am
He's Michael qualls with cooler dreads.

Agreed. Hall looks taller and longer too.