Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camp Robinson Fishing ?

Started by razorcash2, September 27, 2012, 09:18:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorcash2

Have any of you guys ever fished at Camp Robinson? Near the gates by Burns Park.
If so, what does it take to get on base, and be allowed to fish there?

Flying Razorback

I've fished the heck out of Camp Robinson.  But that was about a decade ago.  We're itching it get back on a more regular basis.  We used to be able to pull a cooler full of crappie every trip. 

I believe you need to get a pass at the gate now.  We used to just drive on and fish.  They have a lot of outdoor activities open to the public like camping, fishing, hunting, and others but you might have to buy a sportsman's pass or something.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

DoggtownHog

Sportman's Pass. Go into the guardshack at the main entrance on Military Dr. It'll cost you about $25 bucks and it's good for a year. I mtn bike out there quite a bit and it's pretty much hassle free once you get a pass.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

Flying Razorback

Does anyone know if the bow hunting there is open to anyone with a pass?  Or do you have to draw like you do for rifle and muzzleloader?

Virgil

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 01, 2012, 12:41:05 pm
Does anyone know if the bow hunting there is open to anyone with a pass?  Or do you have to draw like you do for rifle and muzzleloader?
[/
Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 01, 2012, 12:41:05 pm

Its open to all but you do have to have the sportsman pass.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Virgil on October 01, 2012, 12:53:25 pm
Its open to all but you do have to have the sportsman pass.

Thanks a lot.  I just moved in near the fence and am pretty sure all the woods and horse pastures by my house are spoken for.

There's tons of pristine looking unfenced, unmarked woods west of 107 around Batesville Pike and the like, but I don't know where to start finding out who owns them.  I'd love to be able to walk in on some of the creeks in to the woods around here and take some does.