Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does it make those of you who call Bb Bert feel big or are you all dyslexic

Started by hogsanity, September 26, 2017, 10:31:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

or maybe in your 10 yr old minds you think it is cute. Really it just makes you sound like an inbred from Alabama.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 10:31:11 am
or maybe in your 10 yr old minds you think it is cute. Really it just makes you sound like an inbred from Alabama.

How do you know they aren't exactly that?  That may be why they do it? Ask them if they're married yet, and if so, were they related before marriage?
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Razorbackers

They called him Bert at Wisconsin too. I know he hates it, but I thought it was a funny nickname for a while.

hoghearted

Why are so many people upset about using the name 'Bert'? It's not like it's a nasty name. How many years did we call Nutt 'Dale', or MOTHO, or Hootie?

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

McKdaddy

I've explained at length on here why I use it -- goes back to his 2nd year at Wiscy when my Wiscy relatives began referring to him that way.  They loved him at the time and simply thought it was a kinda humorous name.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 26, 2017, 10:35:29 am
They called him Bert at Wisconsin too. I know he hates it, but I thought it was a funny nickname for a while.

So not only not funny, not even original. A "funny" nickname would be something like Big Pappa Walrus or The Big Baluga, but Bert, Really?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HighcountryHog

no bumps, no fat chicks

jst01

Quote from: hoghearted on September 26, 2017, 10:38:14 am
Why are so many people upset about using the name 'Bert'? It's not like it's a nasty name. How many years did we call Nutt 'Dale', or MOTHO, or Hootie?

hogsanity

Quote from: HighcountryHog on September 26, 2017, 10:40:30 am
It's even more juvenile to be so butt hurt over a name.

and more so still to be so hurt over the results of a GAME, but it does not stop some here from making the entire state look like a pod of morons, so.................

Next1_04

Razorbackers

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 10:39:44 am
So not only not funny, not even original. A "funny" nickname would be something like Big Pappa Walrus or The Big Baluga, but Bert, Really?

I think it's funny. *shrugs*

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: HighcountryHog on September 26, 2017, 10:40:30 am
It's even more juvenile to be so butt hurt over a name.
No, it's not more juvenile.  Calling people names to insult them is especially juvenile on a message board where people call themselves cute screen names.  Using words to insult people is a form of bullying.  It's immature, petty, and childish.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Next1_04

DeltaBoy

Our Coach ought to be embarrassed for taking Millions and putting such a poor product on the Field.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BallHog1

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 10:42:52 am
and more so still to be so hurt over the results of a GAME, but it does not stop some here from making the entire state look like a pod of morons, so.................
Hogsanity, I don't always agree with you but in this instance, i could not agree more. Some posters her have made themselves look really bad in the past two weeks.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 26, 2017, 10:51:37 am
Our Coach ought to be embarrassed for taking Millions and putting such a poor product on the Field.

Lots of people make money from weak products.  George Lucas made a movie about a duck named Howard.  I doubt he gave any money back.  And I doubt if people purposely call him names because he had a bad movie.

HighcountryHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 26, 2017, 10:48:50 am
No, it's not more juvenile.  Calling people names to insult them is especially juvenile on a message board where people call themselves cute screen names.  Using words to insult people is a form of bullying.  It's immature, petty, and childish.

LOL.  Grow some skin.
no bumps, no fat chicks

navyhog24

hawgon

Well, I think his eyes are fattening shut.  If he keeps it up, I'm going to start calling him, "The Navigator".

The spice must flow.

FutureMan

Calling people derogatory nicknames is pathetic.  Don't say, 'it's just a name, don't be so defensive.'  You know exactly what you are doing.  You are using it in a demeaning way that shames a person for no other reason than he doesn't win football games.  How pathetic is that?  Makes me sick.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

hogsanity

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: HighcountryHog on September 26, 2017, 10:55:06 am
LOL.  Grow some skin.

I have skin and dignity to go with it.  I criticize people for their actions, but I call them by name because I'm not willing to wallow in deeply personal insults just because I don't like the results of his coaching.  He has a family and his name means something to them.

navyhog24

Quote from: FutureMan on September 26, 2017, 10:58:25 am
Calling people derogatory nicknames is pathetic.  Don't say, 'it's just a name, don't be so defensive.'  You know exactly what you are doing.  You are using it in a demeaning way that shames a person for no other reason than he doesn't win football games.  How pathetic is that?  Makes me sick.

Next1_04

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 10:59:33 am
yet people are so "tough" they won't even post under their own names, interesting.

That's exactly right.  I disagree strongly with a lot of people on here. I also am ready for BB to leave and be replaced.  But I'm not willing to purposely try to bully or shame the man personally when my only gripe against him is that I think he's proven he can't win enough games.

DoctorSusscrofa
Mark Barton

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Next1_04 on September 26, 2017, 11:01:04 am
What about the people who actually have the birth name Bert?
Call people by their actual name.  It's not hard and it shows you're a dignified adult.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Wildhog on September 26, 2017, 10:47:13 am
I do too.  It just seems to fit. 

Doesn't fit at all.  Bret fits very well and he'd say that to your face if you'd come out behind that computer.

Next1_04

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 26, 2017, 11:03:18 am
Call people by their actual name.  It's not hard and it shows you're a dignified adult.

Exactly. People calling Bret, "Bert" believe in their own little man way, it's insulting to him. Seeing as how they can't do anything other than call him names, they are stuck with all they've got...and that just happens to be the name "Bert".

hawgon

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 26, 2017, 11:06:13 am
Doesn't fit at all.  Bret fits very well and he'd say that to your face if you'd come out behind that computer.

He can't see us anymore.  His eyes are fattening shut.

Hoggish1

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 26, 2017, 10:51:37 am

Talk about embarassment, that quote, in your signature, by Major General Patrick Cleburne fits the bill to a tee.

Wildhog

Why does anyone care what anonymous posters on an internet message board call a man that's paid millions of dollars to (poorly) coach a game?

Good Lord, he'll be ok.
1909/1964/1965/1977

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Seebs

I call him Betty. And when he calls me, well, he calls me AL. You can call me AL.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

gchamblee

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

IronMountainHog

Go back to your safe spaces you bunch of pansies. Every coach out there gets a nickname or juvenile monicker. Bert is as mild as it gets. People call Saban Satan. They call McElwain the Swamp Donkey. Made fun of Les Myles all the time. Come back at the end of football season and we will get you girls a participation trophy. Geez.

hawgon

Well, at least Bert has not as far as we know, molested a sea creature.

Redhogs

States the poster who starts a new thread to scold others about name calling.....pure gold...can't make up this up. ::) ::)
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

gchamblee

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

hogsanity

Quote from: IronMountainHog on September 26, 2017, 11:12:06 am
Go back to your safe spaces you bunch of pansies. Every coach out there gets a nickname or juvenile monicker. Bert is as mild as it gets. People call Saban Satan. They call McElwain the Swamp Donkey. Made fun of Les Myles all the time. Come back at the end of football season and we will get you girls a participation trophy. Geez.

Ah the old cry of the 8 yr old " everyone else does it "

Razorbackers

Quote from: gchamblee on September 26, 2017, 11:13:29 am
What is the chick in the purple shirt doing?

Pierce got shot in the leg by her gun when her purse was knocked to the floor. She's applying pressure to the wound, but in that timeline, he bleeds out and dies.

COMEDY.

rhog1

Quote from: hoghearted on September 26, 2017, 10:38:14 am

Because unlike Houston Nutt, Bret Bielema has done nothing but run a clean program and represent the University with class. He has stated in the past he doesn't like that nickname. He should be and probably is going to be fired at the end of the season. I know it is probably too much to ask but our fans should have some class and stop insulting him.   

gchamblee

Quote from: Razorbackers on September 26, 2017, 11:14:36 am
Pierce got shot in the leg by her gun when her purse was knocked to the floor. She's applying pressure to the wound, but in that timeline, he bleeds out and dies.

COMEDY.

hawgon

Quote from: rhog1 on September 26, 2017, 11:15:40 am
Because unlike Houston Nutt, Bret Bielema has done nothing but run a clean program and represent the University with class. He has stated in the past he doesn't like that nickname. He should be and probably is going to be fired at the end of the season. I know it is probably too much to ask but our fans should have some class and stop insulting him.

It was real classy when he looked like a janitor on the sidelines Saturday.