Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No. 24 LSU sticking with QB Etling vs. Arkansas

Started by Scott Marshall, November 08, 2017, 01:06:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

solitons

Vantage 8 dude

November 08, 2017, 01:36:32 pm #2 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 02:47:33 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: solitons on November 08, 2017, 01:08:33 pm
great, he will throw a few pick 6 to our DBs
Nah, per usual we will help make Etling the next QB who steps into the Heisman race after his glorious performance Saturday. I swear if a player who hasn't played against us wins the award this year then I honestly believe the voters should be investigated.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The Hawg Marshal

You mean they aren't going to try and keep it a secret?

LRHawg

Etling probably got a knock to his confidence against Bama. They're playing him so he can build his confidence back up.

SquidBilly

They won't need to pass so they're saving their good QB for the next game. 

parallaxpig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 08, 2017, 01:43:18 pm
Red Dog Blitz him into next week.

You would think they would stack the box and make him beat us with his arm. But I'm sure we will employ the highly effective CC defense of bend don't break............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

EastexHawg

The only reason they pulled him late was because they were two scores down and needed to throw the ball downfield.  They thought Brennan might give them a chance to do that, at least a better chance than Etling.  He didn't.

It is amazing to me that a program with the recruiting ability of LSU has consistently put QBs on the field who can't execute a passing game.  It seemed like Jordan Jefferson played eight seasons...and Anthony Jennings?  Are you freaking kidding me?  Anthony Jennings?  Brandon Harris?  Jarrett Lee? 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 08, 2017, 03:19:42 pm
The only reason they pulled him late was because they were two scores down and needed to throw the ball downfield.  They thought Brennan might give them a chance to do that, at least a better chance than Etling.  He didn't.

It is amazing to me that a program with the recruiting ability of LSU has consistently put QBs on the field who can't execute a passing game.  It seemed like Jordan Jefferson played eight seasons...and Anthony Jennings?  Are you freaking kidding me?  Anthony Jennings?  Brandon Harris?  Jarrett Lee?
Interesting that the achilles heel that LSU has experienced year after year is virtually the same one that has plagued Florida since "tiny" Tim Tebow left. With all the talent and all their recruiting advantages both these programs possess it is totally mind boggling that each has continued to suffer the same failing. Amazing!!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

All he has to do is turn around and hand the ball off to one of their backs and they will run through the huge hole in our defense, or run over our undersized lb's or run away from our slow and often out of position safeties.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogwild

Quote from: solitons on November 08, 2017, 01:08:33 pm
great, he will throw a few pick 6 to our DBs

I believe that interception against Bama was only his second one this season.

ETA: Looking at his stats for the season, his numbers aren't bad  1600 yds/9 TDS/ 2 INT/ 58%
even better if you remove his last game.

31to6

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2017, 03:54:34 pm
they will not have to pass to win
No, they will run to win and pass to run up the score.

ipigsooie

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 08, 2017, 03:19:42 pm

And people on here want to hire Les Miles.

jgphillips3

We get no pressure as is.  LSU's lines will absolutely skull Frank us on both sides of the ball.  They could put a cardboard cutout back there and the running backs would still rip off, what I will guess will be about, a 7-8 yard per carry average by games end.