Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Athletics Facilities Race

Started by jbcarol, June 14, 2012, 12:01:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cresthog on August 25, 2015, 09:52:17 am
I read 4 LED screens. Haven't you posted a picture of a pretty sweet one somewhere? Was it louisville's?

That would be awesome.

Such a shame how bad the team is going to be though with all this new stuff.

Louisville's is really nice. It would be much easier for us to get ours to be that quality. They have clear HD screens:

But, why not go big and go like the Denver Nuggets and do a mini Jerry's World? (Answer: $$$)

Cresthog

They said $4 million. I doubt we get that much screen for that kind of money.

I bet it's closer to Yum Yum's.

RazorPiggie

Dumb Question. I drove by the practice facility over the weekend. Did they bring in that huge tree that is on the left side of the building or has that always been there?

The_Iceman

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 25, 2015, 10:45:34 am
Dumb Question. I drove by the practice facility over the weekend. Did they bring in that huge tree that is on the left side of the building or has that always been there?

I did a google maps drive by and it doesn't look like any big trees are there.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 25, 2015, 11:06:45 am
I did a google maps drive by and it doesn't look like any big trees are there.

I did a good maps and it is the evergreen looking tree that is in the northeast part of the construction area. It is very ornamental looking and pretty big and wide. I hadn't noticed it before but didn't think they would bring a tree in that big for landscaping purposes. Don't mind my question I guess since I try to take the best care for my landscaping and lawn I notice things like that.

DeltaBoy

Great to hear it is open !  Woo Pig!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 25, 2015, 12:37:29 pm
I did a good maps and it is the evergreen looking tree that is in the northeast part of the construction area. It is very ornamental looking and pretty big and wide. I hadn't noticed it before but didn't think they would bring a tree in that big for landscaping purposes. Don't mind my question I guess since I try to take the best care for my landscaping and lawn I notice things like that.

IIRC there were some of those in that area when the old apartments (I can't remember the name of the apartments) were there.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 25, 2015, 12:45:02 pm
IIRC there were some of those in that area when the old apartments (I can't remember the name of the apartments) were there.

Carlson??

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on August 25, 2015, 12:45:44 pm
Carlson??

Thank you. It was Carlson Terrace. They were considered state of the art when first built but they were horrible by the time they were torn down. There had been an ongoing debate about whether to tear them down that lasted way to long before they were.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogberry Snortcake

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 25, 2015, 12:56:47 pm
Thank you. It was Carlson Terrace. They were considered state of the art when first built but they were horrible by the time they were torn down. There had been an ongoing debate about whether to tear them down that lasted way to long before they were.

Weren't they for married students, you know, so we could get Bambi?

The_Iceman

WorfHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 25, 2015, 02:28:54 pm
Those were awful looking.

Those were there in 2005 when I showed up. An eyesore of the highest order.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

The_Iceman

Lots of videos being posted on the MBB twitter page of the team breaking in the new facility. Go check it out!

Cresthog

When do we get details on this screen?

The_Iceman

JIHawg

Is Beard in some of those pictures?

HoopS

Danny J

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 26, 2015, 04:53:51 pm
New Video:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/video-mbb-tours-performance-center/
I dare anybody to watch that video and then state that the new facility will have no impact on recruiting. Just look at the faces of the players. That facility is something to behold.

WorfHog

Quote from: Danny J on August 27, 2015, 08:05:44 pm
I dare anybody to watch that video and then state that the new facility will have no impact on recruiting. Just look at the faces of the players. That facility is something to behold.

I can't be understated how huge this is for our program.

Danny J

Quote from: WorfHog on August 27, 2015, 08:12:13 pm
I can't be understated how huge this is for our program.
Yep and with the new video boards and sound system when we are hosting recruits for this upcoming season it will make a HUGE impact. This couldn't have worked out better for the 2016 class. All these new goodies plus immediate playing time are huge selling points.

farmhawg

I would love to have those seats in the film room.....looks incredible.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jbcarol

moses_007

Great facility.  It's a shame Portis and Qualls won't get to use it.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: moses_007 on August 27, 2015, 10:51:44 pm
Great facility.  It's a shame Portis and Qualls won't get to use it.

They will use it in the off season. But never in preparation to win games for Arkansas

wheelspigharvey

Dumb question, is it also for the women's team or are all the women's sports in that Bev Lewis building on Stadium between the HPER and Barnhill?

PonderinHog

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on August 28, 2015, 07:34:21 am
Dumb question, is it also for the women's team or are all the women's sports in that Bev Lewis building on Stadium between the HPER and Barnhill?
Yeah, notice the two wings.

HF#1

Quote from: Danny J on August 27, 2015, 08:05:44 pm

If it doesn't get Monk, then it's useless.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

The_Iceman

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on August 28, 2015, 07:34:21 am

There is a mens side and a womens side.

azhog10

If you watch the video closely, they did have a nameplate for Jacorey's locker. They will be taking that down i'm sure.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HF#1 on August 28, 2015, 08:14:58 am

That's ridiculous. We can get and put together a very deep and talented team with or without Monk. And that is what I expect I don't agree with this whole Malik or bust situation. MA's job is win games with or without Monk and that is what he should be judged on.

No, that's not to down play all the positives a Malik Monk could bring because it could be massive.

But say we bring in a McGriff, Fisher/Barford/Parrish and quality big recruit. I wouldn't call that useless.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on August 10, 2015, 09:01:54 am
Pat Smith ‏@patsmithradio 2h2 hours ago

A spectacular addition to Jordan-Hare. Gotta think SEC counterparts will follow suit. Battle of JumboTrons to ensue.

Not many of the existing SEC stadiums can accomodate such a large screen......without giving up seats (which will never happen).  8)

jbcarol

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on August 25, 2015, 01:14:07 pm
Weren't they for married students, you know, so we could get Bambi?

Yep

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HF#1 on August 28, 2015, 08:14:58 am

Unbelievable....I knew someone would post something dumb.

grayhawg

Pig in the Pokey

and when coach said we are gonna get work done in the film room a player mimed out he was gonna be asleep in there. smh
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Razoryak

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 28, 2015, 11:19:42 am
That's ridiculous. We can get and put together a very deep and talented team with or without Monk. And that is what I expect I don't agree with this whole Malik or bust situation. MA's job is win games with or without Monk and that is what he should be judged on.

No, that's not to down play all the positives a Malik Monk could bring because it could be massive.

But say we bring in a McGriff, Fisher/Barford/Parrish and quality big recruit. I wouldn't call that useless.

Getting Monk would be huge, but he is likely one and done anyway. So you are exactly right, we need a deep and talented class to turn this thing around, with or without MM.  :razorback:
Woo Pig

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 28, 2015, 08:04:28 pm
and when coach said we are gonna get work done in the film room a player mimed out he was gonna be asleep in there. smh

It's called humor?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 28, 2015, 08:04:28 pm

Difference in coaching philosophy amongst our coaches I guess. Can't see a player of DVH or CBB saying that.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on August 29, 2015, 09:51:13 am
Difference in coaching philosophy amongst our coaches I guess. Can't see a player of DVH or CBB saying that.

No one on the team said that. Get real.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 29, 2015, 10:09:38 am
No one on the team said that. Get real.

My bad felecia. Should have said "mimed" that. 
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on August 29, 2015, 09:51:13 am

It was joke. The kid was trying to be funny in front of a camera. If you don't think CBB's player don't joke they you haven't met Tretola, 90% of what he says is some kind of off the cuff untrue joke. But when it comes to actual work nobody gives more.

secfan30

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 28, 2015, 07:06:08 pm
Unbelievable....I knew someone would post something dumb.

And it was not a surprise who posted it. There were a few possibilities, and one of them did not disappoint.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Construction on the new Springs Brooks Plaza is wrapping up as South Carolina prepares to open the 2015 football season. (Slide show at link)

QuoteThe area around Williams-Brice Stadium has been transformed from what was a grim and gray fortress at the edge of town into an area offering a pleasant location for pre- and post-game festivities.

"We're excited about what Tami Brooks and her family have engaged in, to change the appearance, that many of you remember as a lot of asphalt," athletic director Ray Tanner said Sunday. "Some people say it was a concrete jungle, very much of an industrial area. And it's changed considerably.

"It's an opportunity for our fans to have an environment that they have not experienced in so many years."

No longer will USC's stadium look like a taller version of the numerous warehouses and empty lots that dominated the area.

Trees, greenspace, bricked walkways and gates resembling the iconic entries to USC's Horseshoe are in place.

The Springs Brooks Plaza is ready for its Sept. 12 debut, and in a few years when the palmettos are in full bloom, the image will be a staple of the SEC Network...